the Rift

If I Said We Were Dangerous, Would That Stop You? [Loki, Open]

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

Aryel doubted these horses posed any serious threat, but it was her job to protect her home, and she didn't want to be the one to bring trouble into the Throat. Could she really trust them?

Oh, stop it, she mentally scolded herself. You've got no reason to think these two pose any sort of threat to the Throat. Besides, it wasn't like they couldn't defend themselves. And if this horse really was a newcomer, he would need to know more about the land. She certainly wouldn't want to find herself floundering in a place she knew nothing about.

Still, his movement forwards, as well as the spreading of his wings, gave her cause to doubt. It didn't help that the action drew attention to his considerable muscles, as well as the healthy shine of his feathers that only pegasi could really appreciate. She managed to move her eyes back to his face as he spoke, but then it was the smoothness of his voice that caught her attention.

What the hell? Get a grip.

Perhaps she should humor him, without all but writing him a map on how to get to their herdland. "Well, I wouldn't be able to tell you much about the other herds, but our own home is just like that. We all look out for eachother, and our leaders are two very kind, very brave horses." She tossed her head at Aisha. "We're mostly pegasi, but we take in all races. The Windtossed Foothills are another herd, mostly equines. Then there's the World's Edge, which is predominately unicorns." Her expression became slightly less pleasant as she got to the fourth herd. "And then you've got Aurora Basin. Pure unicorn, and there's a fair lot of them who look down on anyone without a horn sticking out of their head. I wouldn't recommend going there, I really wouldn't. Sandman wouldn't be allowed past the border, and you, well, I don't think they count hybrids as unicorns."

Dialogue finished, she whisked her tail from side to side. "And there you have it, Helovian herds in a nutshell. There's a few Outcast bands as well, but they're much smaller."

"blah blah blah."

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If I Said We Were Dangerous, Would That Stop You? [Loki, Open] - by Aryel - 01-25-2013, 06:48 PM