the Rift

Throw me in the deep end [Open]

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
Image and video hosting by TinyPicD'ARTAGNAN
the NIGHTSHADE

A tongue lolls out of his mouth as the canine pants whilst d'Artagnan fights his natural instincts to run from the wolf. He knew in his mind there was nothing to fear, but nature had her ways and she was hard to fight even at the best of times. Ears flickered to the voice which both demanded and spoke friendly. He noted the name, Lupus, an odd one in the shade's time but that wasn't all that surprising. Amulet shifted forwards in his mane as he proffered his head in greeting, still unconsciously keeping his distance from the wolf. "I am d'Artagnan the Nightshade. Your Time Mender" he informed the wild canine in his brusque gruff voice, making sure the stud knew who he was in case of future injuries. It was important for ones herd to know who it's healer was, even if d'Artagnan found it a chore in going round meeting others. He would much prefer to spend his time in his cave, crafting poisons for future excursions.

The shade shifted on his feet now, wondering what he should ask next, how to spur a conversation on with a wolf. What did d'Artagnan want to know about Lupus? Nothing really, if he was being honest, he didn't really care much about the lives of others. As long as they never strayed from the path the Basin set before them. A few had etched themselves into the memory of the Nightshade with their charismatic personalities or their morbid tendencies. Mauja for one, Deimos another. Kou, his Nurse, had chipped away at his cold exterior to wrap herself around his heart. The pale mare alone had done this, and the pale mare would be the first and last.

"Tell me, what is like to be a wolf among horses?" He asked, genuinely curious this time. A wolf was an entirely different species, not a branch of the main tree. What was that like? To resist the urge to kill those around him and to live in harmony with a herbivore race. It surely must be a strange thing.

d'Artagnan managed a couple more steps forwards now, to not seem rude in his distance yet a space still remained between them. Cloven hooves holding up his tall blood coloured body on the hard permafrost surface.

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
Throw me in the deep end [Open] - by Lupus - 01-05-2013, 04:26 AM
RE: Throw me in the deep end [Open] - by Lupus - 01-06-2013, 02:14 PM
RE: Throw me in the deep end [Open] - by d'Artagnan - 01-07-2013, 04:47 PM
RE: Throw me in the deep end [Open] - by Lupus - 01-08-2013, 03:08 PM
RE: Throw me in the deep end [Open] - by Lupus - 02-01-2013, 04:23 PM
RE: Throw me in the deep end [Open] - by Lupus - 02-06-2013, 10:59 AM