the Rift

I'm not having fun yet.... ( Slaiter )

Slaiter Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Slaiter
Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places.
-H.P. Lovecraft

Words still the stallion, holding him as surely as tethers would. The angel doesn't sound mad at him, and the demon makes no move to claim him. Is he not in trouble then? The angel said not to be afraid, so that meant he was safe, didn't it? Or maybe the angel was lying, trying to make him feel safe before attacking. Others had done that, speaking gently to him until he had allowed them within kicking and biting range. But angels never lie, he remembers, the words of a long lost mother echoing in the hollow chambers of his being. "They will insinuate, speak one thing and mean another, withhold information in order to manipulate, but Slait-kid, an angel will never lie to you. They cannot. Even Lucifer himself is bound by this rule..."

So, this winged monarch, this mighty creature descended from the sky, he had to tell the truth. But the statement wasn't definite, didn't bind the creature. Could he get a better truth, use the rules of divinity to keep himself safe? Tail lashes about him nervously as he stares at the angel, weighing his chances. Finally, words escape, ring through the humid air like the tolling of a funeral bell. "Do you promise not to hurt me?" An innocent question, the query of a child seeking solace from a stranger. Yet, for the ghoul they hold so much more meaning, his welfare depending on the right answer. It is nerve-wracking, burning and slithering across his skin and through his brain. Say yes.

It is a surprise when another question fills the air, this time an utterance from the angel. "What is your name?" Shouldn't he know? Confusion and doubt begin to sink claws into his mind, making him prance nervously in place. If the angel doesn't know who he is, then can he escape, run, flee through the muck and mire of the swamp until he is lost in the pale light and deep shadows, hidden amongst long forgotten bones once again? Yet, his tongue betrays him, sliding his name through his lips. "Slaiter."

Messages In This Thread
I'm not having fun yet.... ( Slaiter ) - by Midas - 01-04-2013, 10:03 PM
RE: I'm not having fun yet.... ( Slaiter ) - by Slaiter - 01-06-2013, 04:14 AM
RE: I'm not having fun yet.... ( Slaiter ) - by Slaiter - 01-16-2013, 02:25 AM
RE: I'm not having fun yet.... ( Slaiter ) - by Slaiter - 02-02-2013, 02:39 PM