the Rift

I'm not having fun yet.... ( Slaiter )
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
He watches me with the wide wary eyes of a child, and I grow more uncomfortable by each passing second. It was strange to be peered at with such fear, and it left me wondering, “what had this soul been through to find terror in a mere presence?” My appearance couldn’t be the fault, and certainly not tone or words. What then? Pondering these things made feet want to pace, but to do so would likely scare away the very thing I was trying to sooth.

Fighting to remain motionless, my knees lock and the urge passes—yet spine still quivers and feathers grow uncomfortable from being pressed against side so tightly…but after a moment I quiet them as well. Fina stares on with great interest… which was a miracle honestly--for she rarely took pleasure in anything beyond her belly.

"Do you promise not to hurt me?"

Gaze narrows with confusion ringing like a bell, but lips move in soft response, “I wouldn’t dare shed blood, without just cause,” and this was the truth. To consider one an honorable warrior was to walk a path separate from foolish brawl. But I wasn’t just a simple brainless beast of muscle, no, my mind worked and spun like any other poet or gentle man.

His shrinking nature whelps pity and surprising compassion, quietly I add, “You have my promise as a warrior—I will not harm you.” He looks older than me, face with more lines and body with more scars. Yet, the mind appears shattered.

Who was at fault for the fate of this pitiful creature? My first and only question finds simply answer, "Slaiter." Memory stores this new name and face away in a timely fashion while I dip skull a little and respond, “I am Midas, and this bird is Fina.” Again I am struck by his appearance, and the ease of maneuverability in this foul place. Thinking returns to an unsaid question and wonders if perhaps the elder stallion called these lands home, and I was actually the intruder?

Feeling a strong desire to explain my actions and reasons for being here I say honestly, “This territory provides excellent hunting grounds for my companion here…” Pausing my attention flickers to a silent Fina, who was still quietly judging our skittish company, “Do you reside here permanently Slaiter?” Lord only knew where these questions were coming from—why my mind suddenly desired to learn more about this strange beast that clung to the death this swamp seemed to reek of?

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
I'm not having fun yet.... ( Slaiter ) - by Midas - 01-04-2013, 10:03 PM
RE: I'm not having fun yet.... ( Slaiter ) - by Slaiter - 01-06-2013, 04:14 AM
RE: I'm not having fun yet.... ( Slaiter ) - by Slaiter - 01-16-2013, 02:25 AM
RE: I'm not having fun yet.... ( Slaiter ) - by Slaiter - 02-02-2013, 02:39 PM
RE: I'm not having fun yet.... ( Slaiter ) - by Midas - 02-07-2013, 12:47 PM