the Rift

Shadows of Night [OPEN]

Nadira Posts: 76
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

With the cloth of darkness wrapped around the gathering, the paled mare just on the edge of disappearance, she caught wind of the mare’s name with a critter shielding itself from the strangers underneath its guardian. Romani, she called herself, and Kasai, the creature who yet still hid itself. Even at the expanse that separated her from the trio, glimpses of actions and lyrics traveled the wind’s breath, bringing the tidings of news to the ears of the shadowed unicorn, hidden in the depths of darkness.

Speech was exchanged among the trio, one of ancient times, and two of modern eras. Preeminent equivalence was established with the stag, over the mares who provided company. Despite his array of feathers, his ancient ways matched that of the timeless ethereal essence. Keenness in her pools surveyed the slight, subtle and silent tall tell signs that the brown stag’s graceful crash had not been out of the blue, so to speak. From the glow of the moon, she could sense weariness that overwhelmed the tension that had gathered among the triad. She knew, because she had been awoken and still yearned for rest. Yearned for the darkness to over take her, to retreat back to the shadows of her nightmares.

She couldn’t stand in the cloak of night forever, if she desired rest. Stepping forth into the moonlight, each golden cloven hoof was placed with purpose. Delicate and silent she exposed her moon encased frame. Leaving behind the darkness, clawing at what was left of her, until no more. Her ivory spear was illuminated by the nights lustrous, while sapphire gems stood out against her classically milky form. Opaque silky strands wavered like the rippling of the seas against her sleek nape, tassels flanking her sides with restlessness. She hid not her tired form. Her weary bones screamed so loud, it was no use to hide any of it.

Light danced with iridescent ringlets over her advancing phantom silhouette as she reached within hearing of Kri’s commentary on why she was heading home. The timeworn mare wondered if the stag would actually believe her fables. Where she called home, dragons had had no use for horsemeat. But already her world and this world could not be compared on the same level. Her world reflected what Earth had once been. This world, full of treasures she knew of and had been accustomed to, still held their own magic.

Soundless, the unicorn mare waited until Kri was finished. She would have readily jumped in with something far fetched to add to her funny plot, but she was too dead to the world to care. With a respectable nod to Kri and to Romani, she looked to the stag. She had some business to discuss with him and now was the time. She could no longer wait, for she had waited long enough.

"You have caused quite a stir, Sir Galen. Awaking me from the shadows of a dream. A dream I sadly would never have awoken from had it not been for your reckless intrusion. So for that, I thank you."

The last notion she intended was to bring uneasiness to the group. It was late, and she regarded sleep with resistance, but she could not fight the urge to stay and chat. She knew this to be true of the stag as well, but he was much too polite to say anything of it. She could see that, as she attempted to converse she knew of his weariness and the reason for his collapse on the canopy of the Threshold meadow.

"Seeing as Kri and Romani have already given you their calling, I am known as Nadira."

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty

Messages In This Thread
Shadows of Night [OPEN] - by Galen - 01-05-2013, 01:23 AM
RE: Shadows of Night [OPEN] - by Romani - 01-05-2013, 02:04 AM
RE: Shadows of Night [OPEN] - by Galen - 01-05-2013, 02:42 AM
RE: Shadows of Night [OPEN] - by Kri - 01-05-2013, 03:49 PM
RE: Shadows of Night [OPEN] - by Nadira - 01-06-2013, 12:55 PM
RE: Shadows of Night [OPEN] - by Romani - 01-10-2013, 01:26 AM
RE: Shadows of Night [OPEN] - by Galen - 01-10-2013, 11:44 PM
RE: Shadows of Night [OPEN] - by Kri - 01-11-2013, 02:27 PM