the Rift

Light As a Feather

Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable

I WILL LIVE FOR YOU

Xanthos had been all ready to go off and and head back to the Edge, but it would seem fate had other plans for him today. Big surprise.

The first inkling that he was not alone came to him on the breeze. There was a sickening metallic scent to it, and instinct immediately told the stallion that he needed to get out of the meadow as quickly as possible. But when his golden eyes landed on the approaching form of an equine, they were alight with confusion and concern. The scent was no doubtedly coming from the mare. A feeling of worry welled deep within the grullo.

Ever so gently he set his newly found feather to the ground, using a hoof to pull close a rock, using it as a weight so that it wouldn't blow away. Quickly he lifted his head back up and turned his attention upon the mare, moving into a walk to approach her. "Are you alri-" he had begun to speak, but was promptly cut off when she herself spoke. He supposed his actions had been strange, yes, but he had had a purpose behind them, and had been succesful with his reasoning. He might have chuckled and gone along with it if not for what she said next.

All of a sudden, any concern he had felt towards the brindle in front of him vanished, and pieces of the puzzle quickly began to fall together. It was not her own blood melded into her hide, and it was not the result of some spar, either. Or at least, not what he would consider one.

A shimmer of fear ceased the grullo at her last words, and although he didn't quite notice, he shifted in discomfort. It only intensified when she began to circle him like a predator. He wanted to whirl around and run away, but he had done enough of that in recent days. Managing to compose himself, Xanthos eyed the mare closely, and dared to open his mouth to speak. "I'm not sure I would agree," he said, taking a rushed step back from her when she snapped her teeth at him. "You know, I was just about to leave, miss. I... I'm sorry, if I've gotten in your way."

BEFORE I DIE

Credits

Messages In This Thread
Light As a Feather - by Xanthos - 01-05-2013, 04:18 AM
RE: Light As a Feather - by Histe - 01-06-2013, 12:11 AM
RE: Light As a Feather - by Xanthos - 01-06-2013, 09:06 AM
RE: Light As a Feather - by Histe - 01-10-2013, 09:09 PM
RE: Light As a Feather - by Xanthos - 01-12-2013, 06:03 AM
RE: Light As a Feather - by Sybil - 01-15-2013, 10:55 PM
RE: Light As a Feather - by Histe - 01-30-2013, 10:52 PM