the Rift

Who am I? [Djinn]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia realized too late that she was being incredibly transparent with her emotions, and she she clenched her jaw. Slowly, she lifted her neck on her tall withers and blinked roughly. The once saddened lines of her delicate face were turned into harsh, stubborn lines. Even though spring had begun to turn the southerly winds in their direction, the mountainous tundra was cold. The bitter breeze was a welcome distraction from the aching in her heart, and she embraced the burning sensation in her tulip, furry ears. She knew that the bright light of a new future was too good to be true; the only solution to this new life would be a new home entirely. Now, she could not leave Djinn or the others who had grown fond of her, before.

When he turned away, she stared hard at the horizon, taking a moment to breathe, collect her thoughts. The normal Phi would have been a curtain of mystery, her true thoughts and feelings hidden behind a wall she had built long ago. But a Phi without memories was a way to worm straight to the heart, straight into her soul. Now, she was rebuilding that wall, piece by piece as the sun began to set behind snowy mountains. The perimeter was small and weak, but soon, it was built. She could hide her heart inside and mask her emotions to a small degree.

Words, kind words she did not deserve hit her ears, and she turned to glance at her friend she did not know. She knew what he said was true, so she nodded slowly, hesitantly meeting his gaze. "You are right. Honesty and the truth have a way of bring seen, regardless," she murmured, thinking on the fact that she had a sister. The ghostly smile was encouraging, but she did not need forgiveness or comfort. She needed pain. She needed to know that her selfish actions were not going to be ignored. The punishment of sorrow should fit the crime of ignorance.

She watched when the great stallion lowered his neck, and she furrowed her brows, moving closer. Gently, she touched her whiskered muzzle to his shoulder, a kind gesture of comfort which she would give but would not accept in return. "Do not be troubled," she said, pulling back to look into his strange eyes. "Your honesty is just, and I am safer now, knowing who I am." Was? Ophelia needed to find this sister of hers, somehow. The young mare attempted a smile that was rather twisted with sadness, but it was a valiant attempt regardless.

CARRY YOUR CROSS
And I'll carry mine. Dig your own hole and you'll be fine.

roni

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Who am I? [Djinn] - by Ophelia - 01-05-2013, 04:32 AM
RE: Who am I? [Djinn] - by Djinn - 01-05-2013, 01:52 PM
RE: Who am I? [Djinn] - by Ophelia - 01-09-2013, 02:59 AM
RE: Who am I? [Djinn] - by Djinn - 01-09-2013, 02:09 PM
RE: Who am I? [Djinn] - by Ophelia - 01-11-2013, 07:01 PM