the Rift

Drawing fire (Nadira)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING

This unicorn female appeared as any other woman of her species, but maybe more delicate in body than most. Many creatures of Helovia were of a hardy variety, their bodies fit and chiseled for a harsh existence—mainly because our home was nothing but a battle waiting to happen. Danger lurked in the shadows, and bad omens had come first in a recent drought, than the banishment of our sunlord during harsh winter months and finally an eclipse that threatened sacred bonds which had only recently been restored. In truth, when I gazed upon her outward appearance she looked green, as if not a single day of battle had crossed path.

Untarnished by life.

We must look quite silly standing next to each other; she was my physical polar opposite. I was garnished with sunlight and steel, muscled from head to toe by constant training. Facade was stern in the brow, but with gentle eyes. In contrast this lady was of smaller built, though we stood roughly similar in height. Without the extra muscle mass of a warrior she looked dwarfed and vulnerable; had a lengthy weapon of hinting maturity not been planted in the middle of that creamy forehead—I might have wondered if this company was just barely beyond childhood.

"Have you been flying all day?"

Ashen head rose from its lowered position, lips still dribbled with water when the snowy miss came near to silence her own physical desires.

Muzzle twitched, “Nay friend, duties have kept me from drilling our sky for my pleasure alone.” Most of the daylight hours were spent preforming everyday duties. Such as being a: father, patroller, teacher, recruiter—all these things took their time in turn, leaving very little energy for that carefree silliness only the luckiest of youth got to participate in.

Open afternoons were a rare treat for one with things such as responsibilities. Today I felt very lucky. Blessed to have a spare moment, and blessed with company that didn’t appear to be in any hurry. She moved with a slow pose that flowed smooth as water, her relaxed posture eased me into a mimicking state. Breath finally slowed into that familiar rhythm of content.

"I am Nadira. And you are?"

“Midas,” I replied simply, not bothering to add frilly title toward the end, “I haven’t seen you around these parts of the wild before. Are you new to Helovia?”

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Midas - 01-05-2013, 12:17 PM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Nadira - 01-05-2013, 11:10 PM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Midas - 01-09-2013, 11:16 PM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Nadira - 01-13-2013, 01:01 AM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Midas - 01-17-2013, 11:13 PM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Nadira - 02-11-2013, 09:34 AM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Midas - 02-19-2013, 01:53 PM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Nadira - 03-11-2013, 08:57 PM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Midas - 03-13-2013, 08:06 PM