the Rift

Drawing fire (Nadira)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
"Is it that obvious, Midas? Well, yes. In riposte to your inquiry, I am.”

It wasn’t that obvious, I mused mildly. A humorous smile contoured my face with tender understanding toward her response at being new. I had only asked because having been born in this land permitted me to know many a horse and she didn’t fit on my long list of names and faces. My dark head bobs naturally once in response. I wouldn’t spoil our meeting with unnecessary questions of origin, it was nice simply allowing the ease of our polite conversation to keep my state of being in a lolling calm that had been unfamiliar of late.

That humorous smile turns into one of more gentle attendance, remaining ever fixed upon my lips, "Midas, if you don’t mind me asking, where do you call home in these parts of Helovia?” Nobody least not I couldn’t have guessed just how much of a stranger this lady was to this territory. Her manner and voice were spurred beyond the years of a simply yearling, yet she looked not a day older than that of one freshly sprung from her mother’s side. Her upbringing must have been good and trials mild to still retain such a pure spirit.

Answering honestly and without hesitation I say, “I am from a red desert not far from here, its title is known by most as ‘Dragon’s Throat’.” Would she know of my home simply by its name? Seeing this as a perfect opportunity to gather new blood for our ever growing family I also add shamelessly, “Let me extend offer for you to come visit, should your eyes have the desire for a change of scenery.” One would think our desert home to be plain or uninteresting, and at first glance such a gathering of ideas is rightly so. But when someone took the time to dive deeper, they saw the hidden beauty of mountains hidden from the world by sandstone and our tropical oasis; and that was only the start. My nose was no stranger to the surrounding clans, and this lady had the faintest hint of foothill clinging to pelt, so sadly; this she was likely already taken by them.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Midas - 01-05-2013, 12:17 PM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Nadira - 01-05-2013, 11:10 PM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Midas - 01-09-2013, 11:16 PM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Nadira - 01-13-2013, 01:01 AM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Midas - 01-17-2013, 11:13 PM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Nadira - 02-11-2013, 09:34 AM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Midas - 02-19-2013, 01:53 PM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Nadira - 03-11-2013, 08:57 PM
RE: Drawing fire (Nadira) - by Midas - 03-13-2013, 08:06 PM