the Rift

What have we found?[Phaedra]

Mystique Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
This land was awfully unfamiliar... why was it so unfamiliar? It was indeed still part of Helovia, but Mystique had never been here before. The way the trees were angled among the grassy terrain, the strong smell of forest that scented the air, and woods that had absolutely no trails in them. What was this place? Its bewildering scenes surrounded her with the chatter of the forest. Slowly she walked taking in the beauty of the new Helovian land. As she looked up, the snow white filly’s orbs filled with the trees that reflected in her pupils. Her features lit up with awe and wonderment. She kind of wished that she had seen this place before when she was abandoned. It was peaceful and enchanting; nothing like the other places that she had seen before. It was almost like she was in a dream because there seemed to be no other horses there. Maybe she was the first one to step foot in this magical like land, but that came with good and bad. If she was to be the first one to step foot here, she did not know if there were any dangers of this place. Who knew what could be lurking around the corners or the bushes? She knew she was fast, but she could not fight if it came to that. She was to frail and small for that. Besides she was built for speed, not for fight.

Still walking on, she perused to see what the wonders of this place held. Her hooves placed on the rich soil, as she left unaware hoof print behind her. The sounds of chirping birds rang through her ears. They somewhat sounded like mocking birds, but there was only one was to find out. Pressing her pink soft lips together she whistled lightly a few notes. Waiting for a reply, she looked towards the tree tops. Moments went by, but there was not a sound of a bird chirping… just the sound of silence. Flickering her tail, Mystique figured that it was a dumb idea to do that. It could be any bird for crying out loud and the first one that came to her mind was a mocking bird. Suddenly, a piercing chirp of the same exact notes replied back. The air filled with her notes as a smile crept up her maw. She whinnied silently with joy as she walked forward hearing the sweet tune of her thought.

Soon enough the chirping had stopped. It was such an amazing moment for her, as she thought back to the perfect sound the birds made. Around the corner something shimmery caught her attention. She stopped in her tracks for a moment, but then realized that it was only a lake. As she approached it she noticed that is was crystal clear. Quenched, she drove her pinky muzzle into the water. A cool sensation trickled down her throat satisfying her. Feeling better she then realized that he reflection did not look like her. She had grown immensely and her coat had grown whiter than she remembered. Reaching down her muzzle touched the crisp water sending a few rings that rippled around the lake.

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
[Image: 50bfc82451215]

PHAEDRA

Phaedra and Stella were in the lake. Yes that's right, in it.

The Lake was caused by run off likely from the ocean to the east, and stayed fairly shallow, as the rains of the seasons following FrostFall had not yet begun. The water, as the white filly had noticed, were incredibly clear, except in the area's that Stella was currently frolicking. The small bird had absolutely no interest in helping Phaedra with her task, and was instead happily splashing in the water, kicking up silt and causing irritating ripples. Still, Phae's adoration for the small creature made this behaviour tolerable - the mare simply kept distancing herself from her companion. Phae's pink muzzle was only inches above the water, as her green gaze scoured the rocks beneath it's glassy surface. She knew of a crafter, the one Tor was pining over, and who might be inclined to trade gems and other wonders, in exchange for some braided leather, to hold her amulet's around her neck. So she had wandered East from her home in the Forest, in search of such items. She had heard when she was younger, that many precious things were often hidden in lakes and streams, as they were harder to spy, hence why she was currently rooting around in a lake.

Stella raised her brilliantly coloured orangey-yellow face in the direction of the shore. She hooted happily when she spied the white filly, and indicated with her wings that Phae ought to look. Raising her muzzle, the sooty palomino looked to the shore with a frown. They were about 20 feet from the rocky shoreline, and the unicorn filly posed no immediate threat to them, or so Phae believed. Flicking her tail, she regarded the youngster for a moment, before dropping her head back to the glassy waveless water, hoping to see something glittering or glinting beneath its surface.

I did my best, it wasn't much.
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you.
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

HP: 45.5

Unregistered
A sudden strike of curiosity hit Mystique as she saw the ripples of water had come back to her. Normally, they would just travel fluently to the other side of the lake and be done, but this time was different. Cocking her head the snow white filly squint her eyes forward to see if there was anything there. Nothing. She was not sure if she should run away now or go see if it was danger that lurked on the other side of the lake. It was a fighting brawl that happened with her brain and conscious. Her brain said yes! Yes! Go see!, but her conscious screamed No! You could get killed get out of there now! Mystique figured she would take a risk this time. Her whole life she had run away from anything that happened. Other horses, foals, animals, etc. So today she was going to go with her brain.

Quietly, she slipped around the corner following the edge of the shore to see if she could find what was going on. Her heart beat faster and faster as she came closer to her target. It shouldn’t be much longer until I hit the other side of the lake she thought. She almost felt as if she were about to faint she was so nervous. It was not far when she suddenly something shiny caught her eyes. She stopped in her tracks and looked towards the shimmering object. It was round like with a pinkish tint to it. Sparling in the sunlight it left light effects on the water as well. The draw of shininess took her attention. She was only a foal and yes she did had a really short attention span, but still it was like someone told her to go to it.

Words could not describe how beautiful the object was. Mystique’s pinkish muzzle wiggle towards the object, eyes drawn to it. Her orbs sparkled the reflection of the lighting, as she went to go grab this object. The object had the texture of a rock, but was extremely slippery. Clenching it with her teeth, she held it gentle enough so she wouldn’t crush it.

Her attention was now back to the other side of the lake. She just had to find out what was over there. Now she trotted slowly to reach it the other side faster. A pure adrenaline rush made her more confident. Finally, a pretty adult mare appeared in her eyes. Not far away from here was a little chick of some sort. Mystique enjoyed how she played so happily in the water. So that’s why the ripples came back she thought. Even though the chick seemed to be playing, the mare seemed to be looking for something. Her muzzle was about an inch from the clear water. Oh no.. Mystique thought Was she looking for this? The object in her mouth still was held safely in her teeth. She knew the right thing to do was to ask, but a pure disappointment came over her. She really liked this object and did not want the other mare to have it. Standing right where she was, she dropped the object for a second to talk clearly. “Is this what you were looking for?”

Deceased

PHAEDRA

Phae, didn't bother to look up as the white filly disappeared and then re-appeared in her line of sight. Probably playing some made-up game the mare thought, as she continued her diligent search in the water. Maybe it's only certain streams.. she thought dishearteningly, concluding that there was nothing of value here. Stella merely looked at Phae and shrugged, happy to continue splashing in the water. Tilted her head at the small chick, Phae wondered if the little bird would begin to develop some sort of water-magic, for how much she adored being in the water. That would be alright, Phae thought adoringly, looking down at the little bird.

Phae was going to let Stella continue to play in the water more, before returning to the woods, until she heard the filly call out to her, Is this what you were looking for?. Turning her sooty head to catch the last few words, she watched the glistening pink thing dropping softly into the ground. Her green gaze narrowed somewhat, was that what she was looking for? She waded back to shore, her legs darkening where they had previously been submerged in the water. She dropped her muzzle slightly as she halted a few paces from Mystique. "I-...I don't know." She replied truthfully, raising her gaze to look at the filly. "Is it yours? Is there more?" She inquired eagerly.

Surely this gem looked valuable? And would be something Lace might accept as a trade? Normally Phae would not bother with searching for currency; Lace was male, was he not? And she had a certain skill set, when it came to males, that made things like trading a low priority. Not when they saw what she could offer. Still, some nagging feeling, respect most likely, kept her from advancing. She had seen how distraught Tor had been over the stallion, and knew that feeling only all too well. No, she would not add to that. Finding shiny rocks couldn't be that hard, if even a filly had one. Or found one.

Unregistered
The sooty mare's half body that had been submerged in water that now trickled down to the forest floors as she stepped towards Mystique. Her emerald look was locked on the pinkish shiny object that lay gently rested between Mystique's hooves. Her golden locks flowed over one side of her angular neck, as her gaze was still on the object. Mystique did not pay close attention for a second because she was looking at the creamy bird that frolicked in the water. The chick was so pleasant that it brought a gleeful smile to the filly's face, where as she felt the mare was more serious. The mare's words then caught Mystique's attention once again "I-...I don't know." She seemed to say truthfully. Yes Mystique thought, I may be able to keep this!

Mystique's pinkish muzzle twitched from the sweltering heat that surrounded her. Little frosty filly's ears pricked forward still listening to the sooty palomino."Is it yours? Is there more? Her concerned voice carried. Mystique really wasn't sure if there were any more shiny objects over where she had found hers, but this place was full of mystery so therefore she figured that their should be some type of other objects. And Mystique knew for a fact that this object was not hers, so she figured she might as well help this mare out. It seemed like she needed this object more than Mystique, so she guessed it would only be fair to tell her the truth back as well. "Miss, I honestly have no clue who's it is then. I only found it a few moments ago, on my way over here. If you would like it..." She paused for just a moment collecting herself "Then you may have it." A warm smile emerged from Mystique as she gazed at her emerald eyes. "I also don't know if there are any more there, would you want me to look?" A sweet harmless tone rang from her throat. She felt better now that she might be able to help this mare, but she still felt as though the mare maybe did not want her around.

Mystique figured she was probably going to be here a while, so why not introduce herself? "Oh I forgot to say, I'm Mystique." A bit shy now, she turned back to watch the playful bird.

Deceased

PHAEDRA

Phae's ears flickered uncertainly as the little filly spoke. Surely she could steal the gem away from her...? Chewing on her lip, she mulled this over. Was she really letting her lapse of fear, take over her like this? When she had first come to Helovia, she was extremely flighty. Now however, she was contemplating stealing from a child. Shaking her head, she forced herself to eliminate these thoughts. She was a sleuth and a spy, but she was not a thief. "No...you found it. Finder's keepers, right sugar?" She offered with an uncomfortable smile. Children were....not her specialty.

Flicking her tail, she began wadding into the shore, making no attempt to pull her legs above the surface of the water, but instead bull dozing her lithe frame through. As the ripples bounced back interrupting Stella's play, the little bird looked up. Immediately the small creature squawked her outrage at being left behind. She immediately leapt up and began hopping frantically in Phaedra's wake, trying to use her wings as paddles, although quite unsuccessfully. As Phae reached the shore, she tilted her head in an attempt to appear friendly. "Nice to meet you Mystique. I'm Phaedra, and this is Stella" She said trying to be polite but sounding unsure. As she spoke her companion's name. Stella trilled again happily, finally leaping out of the water. Exhausted, she flopped down at Phae's hooves, her chest heaving heavily. "Would you show me where you found that Mystique?" Phae inquired, ignoring the avian's antics.

Unregistered
"No...you found it. Finder's keepers, right sugar?" The lightly coloured filly was grateful that the sooty mare wanted her to keep the shiny object. Mystique felt guilty still even though she originally did find the object first, she just was not the type of filly that would take something even if they had it first. This mare seemed to need it more than she did, so therefore Mystique only knew the right thing to do… give the older mare the object. It was not like she would not get over the fact that this mare would have it, Mystique surely would, it was she was still wrapped in her past even though she did not want to be. Her whole life was basically taken away when her parents abandoned her. She had nothing and so when she found something that she liked she wanted them to stay close to her. This wasn’t a big deal though, she liked helping out others and this mare seemed to be nice enough for Mystique to help out. “Oh no miss, you can keep this. It’s alright, you need more than I ever would." A half smile emerged on Mystique’s face as she walked closer towards the mare. Picking up the pinkish object, she walked towards the mare’s front, dropping the object at her hooves. Taking her pinkish muzzle, she arched her maw out stretching to push the object close to the mare, reassuring her that she could keep the object.

The filly’s attention now remained on the mare. She seemed to be quite the lady since she was so beautiful as well as her chick companion. Mystique hoped one day she was as beautiful as this mare, she seemed to have everything she ever wanted. She was confident, bright, alert, and had a great friend, her companion. "Nice to meet you Mystique. I'm Phaedra, and this is Stella" Mystique smiled as Phaedra introduced herself and Stella. “It is a pleasure to meet you two.” Her pinkish muzzle twitched from the bugs that kept flying through the area, how gross. "Would you show me where you found that Mystique?" Mystique was alert and confident as Phaedra asked for her help. Turning her rump towards her she started to lead Phaedra and Stella towards the area where she had found the object. “Sure Phaedra, follow me.”

[OOC: Sorry I took such a long time to reply! :/]

Deceased

PHAEDRA

Phae tilted her head curiously at the little filly. Oh no miss, you can keep this. It’s alright, you need more than I ever would. What? Her mind wondered. Why would she just...give it over? Was there something wrong with it? Was it stolen? She was a child, and children, by definition almost, were not generous creatures. With growing doubt about the validity of this "find", Phae nodded slowly. "Why thank you, Sugar." She motioned for Stella, who quickly came and latched onto the pink stone, chittering happily and cupping it with her wings.

As the filly turned and marched off, Phae shot Stella a skeptical look. Be watchful, that look said. Phae wondered absently if they were walking into a trap. Little filly tempts anyone who wanders through here with a pretty gem, and then 'leads' them to more. Sure sounded like a plan out of a book, to Phae. Still, if she could get more gems for Lace, that would almost assuredly constitute full payment. Weighing her choices, she decided to follow the little white filly. Even if it was a trap, she was a unicorn, and could not follow Phae or Stella into the skies, should they need to escape. She followed behind, keeping a safe distance, and a wary eye on Stella as she did so.

Mildly, she considered the crafter. If gems were so easy to find that this babe had done so this easily, then why did he need them in the first place? Was he really so lazy? Flicking her tail, she considered what Tor's interest in him could be, if that was the case. Then again, this trail was more off the beaten path than most cared to travel, so it stood to reason that perhaps it was not able to travel here, due to constrictions from his herd..? Either way, it seemed easy so far. Easier than quests from the God's, anyways.