the Rift

Something from the other side [Psyche/Open]

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

The enslaved hornless had been following her around like a lost puppy since her daughter had rather unceremoniously disappeared. At first, it had been an inconvenience; then, it had become a mild irritation, like a fly that her swishing tail simply would not deter. Slowly, though, she had come to tolerate his presence, and though she still did not find him useful in any way whatsoever, she found it quite easy to ignore him. Even now he was to her side and back. She assumed that he would be standing in silence, his eyes cast downwards, seemingly his automatically assumed position. She did not look back at him, and so she did not see him survey the griffons with curiosity. But then, would she have cared even if she had seen?

She was dimly aware of the newest mare and her young filly arriving; the mare she could do without, having no use for a dim-witted, equality-loving fool. The filly, though... she was interesting. She was proud of her race, and in the Lady's experience, pride bred racism. And that she could use. Still, her emotionless amber gaze never ranged from the trio in her tree, even as the youngling piped up in that annoyingly innocent way that she had. Overeager, the shadow-mare thought. She needs to learn her place. Even so, she was more interested in shaping the flicka for Plague life, not alienating her, and so she remained silent.

Almost. "Young Frost Fyre, if I deem it fitting for young eyes, I would be most happy to show you, provided that our guests deem it fitting for me to see." Again her eyes roved over them; the chestnut, the grey, the palomino. How they remained perched so effortlessly, she did not understand; but then, she did not take much time to understand the winged. Though she might ordinarily have ordered them away, she had to admit, she was curious to see what they held with such fear. Curiosity killed the cat, or so they say - but she didn't worry about her death. Who would have the ability to kill a Dark Empress, after all?

"Tell me, is this your herd of unicorns?" the grey asked. "Indeed it is, my dear," she responded with a cool smile. "We have this troublesome shard of... well, I do not know what it is, but it has brought us nothing but trouble. Surely, a unicorn such as yourself, would be able to harness the power?" She pondered this, more curious now than ever. A dark power, unknown to those who might wield it, being offered to arguably the most powerful unicorn in Helovia? How in the world could she turn that down?

She did not stop to think about what might occur if she proved incapable of harnessing the energy of the shard; she though only of the abilities she might gain, the prestige she might be granted. Oh, what she could do! Her only magic lay in her ability to shapeshift, but, truly, what could she do as a jackal that she could not do as a unicorn, the supreme species? It had been lovely, at first, but it had lost its charm. This was a new toy, and one that she was most eager to try out. "Power was made for me, darling," she cooed. "Unicorns are particularly adept at controlling it, and as I lead the unicorns, well..." she laughed, a poisonous, pealing sound. "Let me see this shard, if you would be so kind."

[W/C | xxx]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something from the other side [Psyche/Open] - by Rapha - 01-08-2013, 12:51 PM
RE: Something from the other side [Psyche/Open] - by Psyche - 01-13-2013, 01:30 AM
RE: Something from the other side [Psyche/Open] - by Rapha - 01-13-2013, 04:02 PM