the Rift

I Wonder If The Things I Did Were Just To Be Different [Romani]

Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable

I WILL LIVE FOR YOU

The grullo had almost slipped off into a blissful, well-earned sleep, when he heard the grasses rustling not far from him. Eyelids snapped open to reveal golden eyes, which searched hard for the culprit before he spotted it. There had been a brief worry that it was some unnatrual being come to get him, or maybe even one of the Basin, but no... It was a mere tiger cub, who hissed pitifully at him and looked rather terrified. Although he had done nothing, the stallion dropped his head so as not to appear so intimidating, and was about to speak up when he heard a startlingly familiar voice cut through the air.

... Romani?

Just as the thought fluttered through his mind, he saw the golden form explode from over the gentle rolling hills. It seemed to happen in slow motion as she came barreling towards him, her pale locks streaming behind her as she moved across the meadow at a hefty pace. A great happiness welled within Xanthos at that moment, and just as he lifted his head high to call to her, she gave a call of her own. Though instead of one full of delight and warmth, as they had always been before, this one was nothing but a warning, a shrill call that dared him to try something.

Any shred of hope that she had been simply messing with him vanished quickly, for the scrutinizing way she looked upon him was unwaivering. Full of confusion, Xanthos dared to take a step closer, dropping his head even with his back. There was something gravely the matter. "Romani..." He spoke up, his eyes softer than they might have ever been before, "You're just messing with me, right?" He asked, a soft, uncomfortable chuckle leaving his throat as he asked the question.

BEFORE I DIE

Credits

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Wonder If The Things I Did Were Just To Be Different [Romani] - by Xanthos - 01-09-2013, 07:47 PM