the Rift

I Wonder If The Things I Did Were Just To Be Different [Romani]

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

Romani was fully prepared to attack in a moment’s notice. Her ears swiveled back and flattened against her cranium, azure eyes locked on the horned stallion before her, eyeing him with pure suspicion. At first there was no missing the look of elation that seemed to cross his rather handsome face. Why, though? She didn’t know him, to her knowledge, and there was no reason for him to look so pleased, unless he got his jollies by frightening small cubs. The expression, however, sloughed off the grullo’s face like falling rain, and he looked truly concerned.

Still, she kept herself poised, stamping a hoof in impatience, strands of creamy tail billowing in the air as she gave it a strong flick. It was only when he spoke her name, a barely audible whisper, that her anger began to reside, falling away to the growing confusion that had become her life. ’He knows my name… How? How does he know my name?’ This moment in time took her back to another, in the Foothills, when she had encountered the dappled mare, Abdullah, who had also known her. What was going on?

The mare’s red ears slowly lifted, cocking slightly in curiosity. Her expression shifted as well, losing the harsh, challenging features of a warrior and instead giving way to a look of wary interest. Behind her, Kasai still waited, hunkered low to the earth. The cub could feel Romani’s confusion, and occasionally glanced to the palomino, then resumed her vigil on the grullo Unicorn.

“How do you know me?” She asked out at last, desperate for answers, “How do you know my name?” Did everyone know her in Helovia? What had happened, and why couldn’t she remember? “You aren’t the first, stallion, to call me by my name while I don’t know yours… Are you in league with Abdullah, of the Foothills?” Yet, even as she spoke, the Haflinger didn’t know what to think. The stallion’s scent registered nothing in her mind, nor did his soft voice or his handsome looks. His slit, golden eyes were a sight to behold, but for Romani… Nothing made sense. Why was he looking at her like she had just crushed his hopes, and dreams?

Giving a harsh shake of her head, she refocused on the point at hand. “Tell me.”

The true Soldier fights not because
He hates what is in front of him,
But because he loves what is behind him.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Wonder If The Things I Did Were Just To Be Different [Romani] - by Romani - 01-10-2013, 04:50 AM