the Rift

I Wonder If The Things I Did Were Just To Be Different [Romani]

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

This was becoming all too much. Resisting the urge to stamp a hoof in mild frustration, Romani eyed the stranger warily, dark lips turned downwards in a frown. Her gaze, although careful and calculating of the stallion’s true intentions, swept over his ever changing facial expressions. She could easily see the pain, the uncertainty, the fear that marred his rather handsome face… If he was an actor, he was remarkably skilled. Sucking in a deep breath through flared nostrils, the Haflinger mare finally glanced away, pondering what she had gotten herself into.

“No… I really don’t remember you, I’m sorry.” If he was speaking the truth of it all, then why couldn’t she remember? What had happened to her that she had forgotten this Unicorn with the handsome yellow eyes? Had she gotten into a fight? No, she hadn’t… Her body didn’t ache, nor did she sport any wounds. Something else had happened to cause her to forget, something that she couldn’t remember, and it was all so irritating.

He spoke again, the grullo, and introduced himself as Xanthos. An ear tilted back slightly, trying to recall the name, expecting to feel some strange emotion of elation, of familiarity upon hearing the two-syllable word… Yet once more, Romani felt only the bleak, dark emptiness that was her memory. Lowering her head, azure eyes suddenly sad, the mare gave a slight shake of her head, creamy forelock swaying due to the action. “I’m sorry… I just, I can’t remember who you are. Do…” And here, she paused, swallowing thickly. “How do we know each other? Have we been friends for a long time?”

It was clear to her now that Xanthos, for that was his name, wasn’t joking with her or simply teasing her. He was genuinely concerned for her well-being, and somewhere along the line, in their past, they had crossed paths before. Whatever had become of that fateful meeting, Romani couldn’t remember, but perhaps the grullo would be so kind as to explain. Feeling the palomino’s concern, little Kasai finally ventured out from her hiding place behind stocky legs, small head peaking out with curiosity shining in her blue eyes. So, this stranger wasn’t a threat, then? The cub let out a reassuring purr and pressed her furry face against the thick feathering of Romani’s rear, right leg, eyes still trained on the Unicorn.

The true Soldier fights not because
He hates what is in front of him,
But because he loves what is behind him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Wonder If The Things I Did Were Just To Be Different [Romani] - by Romani - 01-14-2013, 06:51 PM