the Rift

I Wonder If The Things I Did Were Just To Be Different [Romani]

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

The Haflinger mare stood in silence, waiting for him to speak. The emotions that rolled through his handsome golden eyes were somewhat startling; fear, anger, and the agony of heartache. It was a strange expression to see, knowing that it was regarding her… How close had she and this grullo been? There was no doubt in her mind that he was lying; the words he spoke to her were far too heartfelt, and the turmoil in his gaze couldn’t be overlooked. The pure depth of emotions in which he stared at her with caused her to inhale sharply, a sharp sting rising in her breast. It felt like… Guilt, maybe? Like she had done something wrong?

Xanthos went on to retell how they had met, a grimace of a heartbroken smile crossing his dark lips before dropping just as quickly as it had come. They had crossed paths in this very place, the Thistle Meadow, back in Frostfall when the snows had covered the land… Perhaps that was what had brought her here out of the blue? The subconscious pull of meeting a close friend and ally beckoning her troubled mind to somewhere associated with pleasant memories? It was hard to say, beings as she couldn’t remember who Xanthos was… Snapping her mind clear of the troubling thoughts, Romani’s azure eyes refocused back on the stallion. Suddenly, however, one thing struck out at her.

“You said Elizabeth?” Romani asked, genuinely intrigued, yet her tone held a dangerous underlay. Oh, she remembered that Unicorn mare, the bitch she had encountered along the white beach while at the Endless Blue… But, how had Xanthos known? They had met here, and then raced to the ocean, where they encountered Elizabeth? How was it that she remembered the silvered mare, but couldn’t remember the gentle giant standing not five feet from her person? Regardless, it was all growing so frustrating. “I remember her… We met on the beach, and she threatened my very life if I didn’t leave. Claimed that I was a ‘lesser’, the racist creature.” With a shake of her head and a furious snort by just thinking about it, Romani sucked in a deep breath, letting it out just as slowly to keep her composure.

Despite the curiosity that erupted when Xanthos said he knew Elizabeth, but it was by far the last words that spilled from the stallion’s lips that made her freeze, eyes widening. He…. He loved her? Romani was speechless. How… Why? “I…” The words froze in her throat, choking her, and her mouth opened and closed for a moment before her jaws snapped shut once more, dark lips forming a thin line. He loved her… Xanthos, this handsome, gentle Unicorn had loved her, and she only repaid him with forgetting who he was? Now, however, it all made sense as to why he seemed so heartbroken. More questions began to flood her stunned mind. Had she loved him in return?

“Xanthos,” she whispered, still trying to overcome her shocked stupor, “I… I can’t remember. Did… Did I love you?” Had they exchanged vows of devotion? Sorrow radiated from her heart, so profound that it nearly stole her breath and caused her eyes to water, but not once did her eyes tear away from the grullo’s golden, slitted orbs. “I’m so sorry… So, so sorry.”

The true Soldier fights not because
He hates what is in front of him,
But because he loves what is behind him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Wonder If The Things I Did Were Just To Be Different [Romani] - by Romani - 01-19-2013, 01:22 PM