the Rift

the nightshade's daughter [d'art, nao, aviya, open]

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
[Image: arttablekrazieart.png]

d'Artagnan

"Wisely spoken" the blood bay laughed at Kou's comment on the shade's skills in naming. Or lack of for that matter. d'Artagnan had been lucky enough to be close to Kou's location when he heard the familiar grunts of a mare giving birth. He emerged now and made his way around the spring to greet his new born Nao and growing daughter Aviya. It was a proud moment for the Nightshade, their legacy secured in the small hooves of his daughters and son, Mesec. The latter he hadn't seen for sometime. Dual eyes first laid on Aviya, she had grown with the horn that had poked him in the chest months ago was now longer and sharper. d'Artagnan sincerely hoped she didn't plan on poking him in the chest again, he might have more of a problem this time. A grey nose dipped down and he gently nipped her frosted black mane, a fond glint in his eyes. "So full of questions, my Aviya" it was almost a habit that had come over him, to place 'my' in front of those he held dear. It was rare however, as d'Artagnan only regarded his family as precious.

Next his attention turned to his new born and Kou. Gaze brimming with curiosity as he quickly noted the filly possessed remarkably more patience than himself. Even at this young stage. Finally up right, the little Nao did the most natural thing and sought her mother for food. d'Artagnan greeted Kou with a warm press of his nose to hers, eyes still on his buckskin child. She had a tail like none of her parents and a wild colouring about her that echoed both Kou and d'Artagnan yet held her own personal flare. The tell tale glass horns that marked her as a child of the Nightshade were tiny on her forehead, it seemed two were present in intriguing close proximity to each other. Her growth would be interesting indeed. He wondered for a moment, what she would grow up to be like. Would she become like Aviya? Attentive to learn with a personality so sadistic that even d'Artagnan was highly impressed. Or would she be more gentle with a fine mind, like his Nurse?

The shade dropped his head down to the filly then, lightly touching the fur upon her back, a greeting from her father. "Nao." Was all he said, his brusque voice riddled with wonder and affection. A great many things he wanted to say yet he didn't want to burden a mind so young, this was the first birth he had been present for. A bitter taste was left in his mouth as he remembered his time in the Throat, the reason he was taken away from his beloved Aviya's birthing. d'Artagnan shook the memory from his mind and concentrated on enjoying the moment, attention turning back to Kou and he let his time healing magic filter into the mare. Erasing all fatigue she may feel, so she may enjoy the moment without feeling tired. "I think I am destined to be surrounded by females" he commented with a low, comical voice.

[Image: arttablekrazie.png]
painting by krazie

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
RE: the nightshade's daughter [d'art, nao, aviya, open] - by d'Artagnan - 01-07-2013, 04:02 PM