the Rift

The Poetry of the Earth [open]

Nayeli Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: 153a5j4.png]
I run beside my mother through a field of flowers. I am a foal again, not quite steady on my gangling legs. Suddenly, my mother takes a few running steps and launches into the air, flying like a pegasus, but with no wings. "Mother!" I call, "I can't fly, come back!" Looking down from above, her eyes crinkle with kindness and mirth as she replies, "You can't yet, but soon, my little flower, you will. My little flower will fly."

With a jolt, Nayeli awakens from her dream, all traces of it vanishing save for the smell of flowers, which is with her always thanks to the magic in her mane and tail. She is lying in the grass, hidden in the shade of a small grove of trees, their canopies offering respite from the heat that persists even in the shadow of the mountains.

Sighing, the gentle mare extends her front legs and pulls herself to her feet. Shaking the last bit of sleep off, she leaves the shelter of the grove and wanders toward the waterfall, looking for the rest of her herd.

[ooc: Nayeli has been in the foothills herd for a year, so just go under the presumption that she has been there for the whole time and everyone knows her]