the Rift

Hear me roar [Herd!]

Huyana Posts: 83
Aurora Basin Scholar
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hands :: 7 years Buff: NOVICE
Krazie

Little dappled giant murmurs to the shaken, kindly mare with eyes that say forgive me. How can you forgive for something the world has thrown at you? She listens with only halfhearted interest as he explains the folly of some god or another, angered beyond relief and thirsting for vengeance. This is all too familiar to the girl blessed by rain, baptized by the light summer rain which swims in her eyes like sad fish in a stagnant pool as she looks at the pair. What good is piety when it causes more harm than relief?

Giant comes to comfort her, warm, soft muzzle touching the fine hair of her silver neck. She twists her head to ruffle his flaxen mane fondly, breathing in his smell of ash and forest, the musky undertones of stallion beneath the sweet breath of pine. They are all good smells; they remind her of home.

He wants to know her name, and she cannot help but smile wanly, meeting his gaze with feigned demure. "Give me one, Giant. Nicknames are far more personal than those given," she says gently, although there is a playful hint within that voice so much like raindrops.

The soot is indiscernible from her black legs, but it clings to the fine dark hairs, chafing and itching like midsummer gnats as she follows them like a newly weaned lamb, bleating for mother but curious of what lays beyond the fenceline. He comes, quiet as first snow; an ice angel clad with pale leopard. Blue eyes find themselves caught, like rain stuck between window panes. She has seen too many things to be breathless, but why is the air caught in her lungs?

Is this rainchild drowning in stale air?

Frozen King, she decides, forcing her gaze towards the distant ocean. He reminds her of winter, hopeless cold blizzards and serene, clear days with a blanket of snow and a blue, blue sky. The tall stately king (who also reminds her of so many others) also speaks of this Sun God with bitterness masked with humour.

He too asks for their callings and the dark bay answers promptly in a tone akin to fireflies and good things, warmth replacing sadness on her lovely face. Huyana cannot help but smile as well, nostrils quivering softly as Glow (for the pretty sparkle in her eyes and the radiance of her voice), turns to gaze at her as well. Blue roan remains mute, searching unsuccessfully for her voice. She looks at Giant, hoping he will answer for her - or maybe they will answer for themselves.

[eep, sorry this took forevah D:]

Messages In This Thread
Hear me roar [Herd!] - by Aurelius - 07-01-2012, 05:44 PM
RE: Hear me roar [Herd!] - by Lena - 07-02-2012, 06:52 AM
RE: Hear me roar [Herd!] - by Mauja - 07-02-2012, 10:39 AM
RE: Hear me roar [Herd!] - by Aurelius - 07-08-2012, 01:41 PM
RE: Hear me roar [Herd!] - by Lena - 07-08-2012, 03:20 PM
RE: Hear me roar [Herd!] - by Huyana - 07-18-2012, 11:06 AM
RE: Hear me roar [Herd!] - by Mauja - 07-18-2012, 01:37 PM
RE: Hear me roar [Herd!] - by Aurelius - 07-19-2012, 10:21 AM
RE: Hear me roar [Herd!] - by Lena - 07-19-2012, 12:10 PM
RE: Hear me roar [Herd!] - by Huyana - 08-02-2012, 08:10 AM