the Rift

Turn the Tides (Kri, Open)

Valentine Posts: 203
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 12
teeroo
[Image: 50c363de13e47]

Valentine

The sands of time showed memories of those who passed, leaving the future to be a forbidden blur of mystery. The newly self-outcast stallion wondered the desert leading to the Dragon’s Throat. His thoughts blurred together, skipping from the moments leading to this place. He seemed to be a shadow of himself, a figure masked in black. He was a void, empty of all emotion. The only thing that hummed inside him was pain. Pain from his failures, from his loss of love, from his sickness; these all stabbed his heart, leaving him with open wounds that wouldn’t heal, no matter how he tried to patch them up. He wondered if his demise of his old self was his own doing. He had chosen to take up Psyche as his love interest, chosen to be apart of the Plague, to join in the racism, and let the madness and hatred consume him. He felt now it was wrong, knowing that in his heart it had all be a lie, a fantasy façade that let him fit in. He had become someone else, something else, in order to fit in with a group, and that had left him scattered, his self shattered to pieces. It lived in a dream world now, searching for the pieces of his self, and picking them up. He finally had them all together, but it was all wrong; they seemed to not fit in the correct way, and they had lost their edges, cracked in some places. He was a jigsaw puzzle that had had pieces torn and cut off by force, and would never fit back the right way again. He moved with slow speed, the pain in his chest growing. He now had to force himself to eat, after his talk with the slave Rapha. He knew that this disease was what his parents and uncle had suffered from, had died from. He knew he couldn’t, and wouldn’t, go back to the DarkEmpress of the Aurora Basin. He despised her now, and no warm welcome waiting for him if he ever returned. His blood would spill, and he would lie dead on the frozen ground, while the She-Witch laughed as he faded from this world. He shook his head, knowing that world was below him. He wanted to start a new, afresh. The Throat was warmer than the winter stallion had known, but he would get used to it. Who was the leader again? He had heard whispers of the different leaders of the other herd lands. Mirage was of the World’s Edge, and...Kri. Kri was the leader of the Dragon’s Throat. He wondered if he should call her, but he decided against it, and waited for her to appear.

"talk talk talk"
"think think think"

Follow the trail of blood…
You'll find me at the end.

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

I MADE A THRONE FOR HOPE TO SIT.</style>

A violent wind rushes before me, perhaps greeting the face of Valentine before I am even visible. I fly up in the air, casting shadows upon the red crimson dirt below, only to have the shade of me disappear as I race behind a cloud, sandwiched between the condensed mist and the sun above. I am careful not to fall into its clutches, not very keen on having water cling to my legs and feathers, soaring upward, only to jet down toward the earth where I had spotted the unfamiliar figure of grey tipped with red. My wings fold close to my side, my body fallling downward, my mind slowly counting down the seconds. The whistle of air in my ears is refreshing, as is the jet streams which tug and pull at my blonde mane and tail like a banner.

Despite the joy of being airborne, my face is grim, dark eyes latched on toward the figure of a unicorn at the bottom, standing alone in the crimson sands of the Throat. I had a feeling that regardless of how happy I was in the sky, its joy would not keep with me as I made my way to the floor of the desert where this stranger awaited something, someone.

Some twenty feet from the ground, I flair my wings out with obvious style, straightening my body and gliding toward the grey. My eyes do not leave his figure, and the expression I wear is frankly stoney. I fall gently through the sky, coming quickly toward him before my grey hooves catch on the red floor, taking up speed and traction as I canter upon the earth. I slide to a halt, kicking up a sizeable amount of dust and looking through the billowing clouds of clay toward the crimson eyes of this much larger stallion. "Kri, Commander of the Dragon's Throat," I introduce myself with a gruff voice, catching the scent of snow and pine on his coat - Basin. I sensed that this was a pathetic attempt to lodge a mole within my borders, and I had already risked far too much by holding prisoners of their land here for several weeks.

Regardless, he was at least not attempting to delve further into our territory unannounced, though I was displeased to find him standing this far in the red clay of my home and not waiting at the doorstep of the Meadow. "What do you want?"

image by mandj98 @ flickr.com

Hidden Account
teeroo

Valentine

A shadowy figure flew above him, as he watched as a pegasus flew downwards toward him. He saw the look on her face, and he knew the Basin was melted in his skin. She approached him with a not so welcoming look on her face, but that was to be expected. He was, or had been, of the Basin since it had become to be by the God of the Spark. But now in his downfall by Psyche, he no longer wished to be apart of her life or anyone else in the Basin’s, as well as be in those lands. He wanted to switch his landscape, change his point of view. He moved slightly towards the leader of the Dragon’s Throat, Kri, and tried to bow. He was in pain from all the walking, and his chest was on fire, and there was no grass along his way for him to eat. Even if this had happened, respect had to be shown to her. He wanted his loyalties to lie elsewhere, and what better place than with a stable leader? Though he didn’t know what had recently happened in the Throat, he knew she must be a good lead, to be ruling the land for as long as she had been.
“Kri. It is nice to finally make your acquaintance.” He rose, pain sewing itself into his face and eyes, but he quickly hid it. This was not the time. “I am aware I smell of the wretched Aurora Basin, and I know this also may sound crazy, but I would like to join this herd land.”He let a loose smile drop on his lips, one still full of pain and misery. “I’m afraid the DarkEmpress and I had a disagreement, and I was exiled because of it. I am not one to be an outcast, especially not as this moment.” His eyes darken, knowing he didn’t have time left, and he needed to be healed, or he would die. “I want to do everything I can to finish what I started.” He looked at Kri in the face, looked straight into her eyes. “I was blinded by her, the witch Psyche. I am not racist. I don’t want hornless to die. It was all a lie; just a façade…and I regret doing it. The things I did when I was caught up in it I want to make fade from my memory, so they will stop haunting me.”

"talk talk talk"
"think think think"

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

It was amazing how far one could see from the sky.

Aryel had taken to making her daily relaxation flights closer to the Throat's land border, just in case she saw anything strange. As a rule, it seemed wanderers were allowed into the Throat for a time so long as they were polite and had a good reason. Then again, that didn't seem to stop arrogant beasts like Tribute who sauntered across their border and made trouble. She grinned slightly as she recalled how he had fled when a third horse had shown up to greet him. Two lower-ranked mares didn't seem to bother him, but when their Sultana had shown up he had turned tail like a rabbit being chased by a wolf.

Speaking of the Sultana, there she was now.

Her brow furrowed slightly as she noticed the horse she was a speaking to, a unicorn no less. Oh, joy. Her ears went back, although she was willing to reserve judgement on this creature until she knew more about him. She angled to her wings to begin her descent, hitting the ground at a run and cantering until her momentum was spent. She turned and trotted towards the two, stopping next to the Sultana, a distrustful look crossing her face as she caught the reek of Basin unicorn. Still, this hornhead appeared to be more than a little on the sickly side, for the moment he wasn't a threat. She had missed most of the conversation, but had heard snatches of his last few words. He wanted to forget something he had done? "Who's this?" she asked Kri, blue-black eyes switching from the unicorn to her Sultana.

"blah blah blah."

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Hidden Account
Boom Boom!

A face of consternation meets me. Anxiety staring at me from crimson eyes - the stallion who has trespassed in my home appears to mourn his crime more than I disdain it. My discontent is obvious, as I make no secret of my feelings within. The movement his body makes is like a painful arch, legs scraping the ground with all the lack of grace a foal would have displayed. A stone wall, my face is unchanging as dark eyes watch the movement with cold detachment. He is ill, or at the very least the discomfort in his posture and face suggest it so. I wonder absently if he has come only to seek the healing abilities of my daughter, Onni, who has been blessed by the Sun God for many seasons. I know not how many bodies she has rid of disease, nor how many lives she has saved, but I do recall watching her with interest during the aftermath of the Edge invasion.

Bathed in pure light, my daughter has long since surpassed me in the art of helping. I only know how to lash out, while she knows better how to reach out with open arms.

No open arms await this stallion, not when he rises to meet my gaze. A cold expression matching the cool blue of my eyes, and he begins to speak. I grunt in response to his first comment. Usually, when other said that it was pleasant, great, a joy, or even just nice to meet me, they either had heard little of me or wished to flatter me for kindness. Regardless of which this stallion was, he would receive no kindness or mercy just for a pleasantry tacked on. I listen, though my facial expression may suggest early boredom with his troubles. Frankly, I think him whiny, the drawing of his voice becoming a screech in my ears, grating and making them fall back upon my skull slowly. He would blame his hardships upon the lady Psyche, but a fool should never accuse anyone of tricking them, for it is their own failings that find their lives blitzed. The only piece of his stammering which held interest for me was the honesty with which his voice sailed. The words were ill-spoken, pathetic, and self-deprecating at times, but held the golden tone of sincerity.

My ears slowly flick forward, as well, at the mention of racism. I knew the tale of racism all too well to allow even such an off-hand comment to slide by unnoticed in my irritation with this buffoon. Adalwulf the Steadfast, ruler of the great Equine Empire, had laid claim the home of my kin, the Crimson Cliffs of Isilme. Pushed by his hatred for the other species, he had also tarnished the beaches of the unicorns. While I had found kindness and charity in the heart of Amani Leila, the cold menace of Adalwulf's eyes on my first invasion will never escape me. If there was such an enemy who would see my kind fall, it was the bitch queen Psyche who Valentine mentions earlier. I had always suspected that Mauja's prim manners were suspicious with the distance he kept between all who spoke with him, but using such a detachment to mask racism was a clever guise, one which I now understood. The creatures of the Basin, formerly of the Edge, only allowed their kind to reside in their borders due to the hate of others, not simply a preference for the familiar.

When Valentine finishes speaking, my eyes are distant still, clouded with memories and a bad feeling resounding in my gut. There was no more dangerous a foe than hatred, and I had unwittingly skidded by it so many times. I thought that no leader would hold racism in their heart, but I was proved wrong many times. Now, I knew the true face of Psyche the DarkEmpress.

Aryel's familiar voice causes my body to lurch a bit, shaking me back into the reality of the present. With sightless eyes, I turn toward her, before glancing in the direction of the stallion she motions to. I shake out my head, trying to clear the unwanted thoughts spurning a bitter taste on the back of my tongue. It takes me a moment to realize the meaning of her question, and I suppose you would say I appear out of sorts. I am. I had not expected such news to come from the mouth of a stranger, but I am rather glad Psyche chose to piss off the wrong idiot and send him my way. "He is a stallion who will be taking refuge with us," I say finally, giving the grey a hard look, but one that was softened in comparison to the harpy which had arrived to greet the stallion at first.

"You may reside here, boy. Cause any trouble, however, and I will be swift to either extricate you from my home by force or kill you, if necessary," I smirk then, one that lacks the humor that the expression normally carries. I was completely serious about my statement, but I did not want him to think that I was unnecessarily violent. "What's your name?"

Hidden Account
teeroo

Valentine

Her face loomed as he talked, looking at him, then something different happened. She seemed to fade away, go to a different place. He knew what that was like, and it was weird to see it on someone else’s face. A mare appeared, blue and winged, looking suspicious of him. He had nothing to hide; yet he felt that he did. The way she looked at him, he felt that he was a criminal, a dangerous marauder that was in his last moments. He felt shaky, waiting for The Resolute to answer him. He was nervous…what happened if he wasn’t accepted? He knew he would try the Edge, but otherwise, where was there for him to go? He didn’t want to be alone. He couldn’t remember now what is was like to be in the wilds, he just knew he didn’t want to go back. The Sultana spoke, telling him he could be here.

"You may reside here, boy. Cause any trouble, however, and I will be swift to either extricate you from my home by force or kill you, if necessary."

His first thought went to the boy. Boy? I’m no boy. He thought about saying something like that, but he wasn’t in the mood to argue, and he didn’t want to get on her backside right off the start. “I shall not cause trouble my lady. The only trouble I wish to cause it within the Aurora Basin, which I will cause on my own time. I have only one request: please use me, to where you need someone. I may not be a good fighter, but I have only fought once and I can learn. I wish to help this land as much as I can, and you as well. I will be at your service.” He tried to bow again, but the pain was too intense. “Also, as you may have noticed…I’m a little bit ill. I left the Basin when I first started becoming ill, and I have traveled the wilds with it, but now I’m afraid my time is almost up. If you have a healer, please let me see her, because I know I will die, as all the rest of my family did from this same disease. There is nothing more I will ask of you but those you things. I thank you for letting me in your land.”

"talk talk talk"
"think think think"

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

It seemed Kri hadn't expected another to come to this meeting, judging by the slight jump she made as the blue roan spoke. Aryel lowered her head slightly in apology for startling her, noticing her odd expression and resolving to ask this male just what had driven him out when he was settled in. Right now, she figured, he looked like he could do with some rest and some space. It was a long trip from the northern tundras down to their desert for landstriders, and he seemed rather sickly anyway.

And still, for all his pitiful state she wasn't quite trusting of him yet. He was, or rather, had been, of the Aurora Basin herd, who in her limited experience were not exactly the kindest horses around. Even the Throat, as militaristic as it was, was polite to loners and fair to all races. If he really was ill though, they wouldn't have much to worry about. Unless he had some sort of powerful magic, there was little threat to be seen in this sickly stallion.

She gave him a polite nod in greeting, then smirked slightly as Kri threatened him to behave. The smirk held neither spite nor contempt, but she would be keeping half an eye on him all the same. Couldn't hurt. She listened as he spoke, pledging himself to Kri and mentioning his disease. Her expression changed from scrutinizing to shocked, then a a trace of pity. What would it be like to know your death approaching like that? And to know the same illness that took your relatives would eventually take you?

He didn't seem quite as suspicious now.

"We do have a healer." said Aryel with a bob of her head, "but I can't recall her name as I've never met her."

(blah, keeping up with your word counts is tough.)

"blah blah blah."

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Hidden Account
Boom Boom!

"Any trouble you bring the Basin will reflect directly onto this herd," I say flatly in response to his rather blunt announcement of vengeance. "I would request that you respect all who live here as family, as I do. You will not act foolishly and bring harm to your brothers." My tone is serious, making no room for loose interpretations and hiding a vaguely veiled threat. I was not one for harming those who I had brought into my family, but perhaps if Valentine did not believe that his personal actions would be reprimanded, I would have him speak to Mesir about the time she thought to steal the then princess of the Edge, Mauja's daughter. I had no tolerance for idiotic actions of my herd-mates tossing our herd into a state of uncertainty. I did not accept it when the sun-worshiper decided to act foolishly, and I would not accept it now.

His mention of being used makes my bulky face draw thoughtfully. He did not seem fit as a warrior, with the ailment that plague his movements, but he also did not have the calm mind that would be required of our informants. "You may study under one of our domestic ranks," I say, thinking him most fit to be a student, using his mind to unravel whatever puzzles fascinated him most. I had curiosity to learn, but not the patience. Thus, I would focus on beating things into a pulp instead of thinking how the bloody mess was supposed to function. "We have healers, crafters, and those who seek out the history of this land. I can direct you to them."

I watch as he attempts to bow, my eyes following the pain in his body carefully. Thankfully, I would not have to broach what I assumed was a delicate topic, for the stallion takes it upon himself to mention the sickness which plagues him. I nod, knowing that Onni would be the most experienced and most able to help the stallion cure whatever illness clung to his frame. Aryel speaks, and I smile. Sometimes, since I have spent much time with the blue roan, I forget how new she is to our herd. "My daughter can usually be found around the Oasis," I offer to the red-tipped brute. "Onni is apt with healing and likely your best option within all of Helovia, aside from the Gods themselves." And unlike me, she has the kindness to share it with any who would request her aid.

Hidden Account
teeroo

Valentine

The dark mare of the desert was correct after all. This wasn’t something between him and the Basin anymore, but between the lands of the Dragon’s Throat and the Aurora Basin. He felt selfish, and he knew that his despair and revenge would only bring it upon others, and he knew he couldn’t live with that.
“Your are right again my lady; I shall not seek the Basin ill will while in this herd land. Onni, your daughter, she sounds wonderful. I am quite certain she is overly adept at healing, and I shall go seeking her at once. I am happy to become apart of this herd, and studying with knowledge would be something I would love to do. I am always interesting in learning, and my mind has kept me no stranger from it. Thank you Kri the Resolute. I am honored and grateful at you letting me into your beautiful land, and I shall try my best to become apart of this herd and do it well.”
Instead of bowing, he nodded, knowing it was useless to try. He looked at the other mare, the one coated in blue from head to hoof, eyes and feathers, and nodded to her as well. He made his departure, wondering if he should go seek the healer Onni immediately, or if he should go and look around first. After all, he had no idea where the Oasis would be, but it with worth trying to find. Thus, the heart stall ion set off in a random direction, bent on trying to find the Oasis where the healer lived.

"talk talk talk"
"think think think"