the Rift

Turn the Tides (Kri, Open)

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

It seemed Kri hadn't expected another to come to this meeting, judging by the slight jump she made as the blue roan spoke. Aryel lowered her head slightly in apology for startling her, noticing her odd expression and resolving to ask this male just what had driven him out when he was settled in. Right now, she figured, he looked like he could do with some rest and some space. It was a long trip from the northern tundras down to their desert for landstriders, and he seemed rather sickly anyway.

And still, for all his pitiful state she wasn't quite trusting of him yet. He was, or rather, had been, of the Aurora Basin herd, who in her limited experience were not exactly the kindest horses around. Even the Throat, as militaristic as it was, was polite to loners and fair to all races. If he really was ill though, they wouldn't have much to worry about. Unless he had some sort of powerful magic, there was little threat to be seen in this sickly stallion.

She gave him a polite nod in greeting, then smirked slightly as Kri threatened him to behave. The smirk held neither spite nor contempt, but she would be keeping half an eye on him all the same. Couldn't hurt. She listened as he spoke, pledging himself to Kri and mentioning his disease. Her expression changed from scrutinizing to shocked, then a a trace of pity. What would it be like to know your death approaching like that? And to know the same illness that took your relatives would eventually take you?

He didn't seem quite as suspicious now.

"We do have a healer." said Aryel with a bob of her head, "but I can't recall her name as I've never met her."

(blah, keeping up with your word counts is tough.)

"blah blah blah."

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Messages In This Thread
Turn the Tides (Kri, Open) - by Valentine - 01-07-2013, 07:30 PM
RE: Turn the Tides (Kri, Open) - by Kri - 01-09-2013, 05:35 PM
RE: Turn the Tides (Kri, Open) - by Valentine - 01-11-2013, 04:01 AM
RE: Turn the Tides (Kri, Open) - by Aryel - 01-13-2013, 09:57 AM
RE: Turn the Tides (Kri, Open) - by Kri - 01-15-2013, 04:17 PM
RE: Turn the Tides (Kri, Open) - by Valentine - 01-16-2013, 12:44 PM
RE: Turn the Tides (Kri, Open) - by Aryel - 01-17-2013, 03:58 PM
RE: Turn the Tides (Kri, Open) - by Kri - 02-08-2013, 04:25 PM
RE: Turn the Tides (Kri, Open) - by Valentine - 02-11-2013, 12:53 AM