Nao Posts: 11
Aurora Basin Phantom
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.4hh :: 2
Adoptable

NAO</style>
Treading this lightless night
I will pay karma's price
</style>

The world was a vast place. Arching far above her head, the sky, dark and as of yet with only the faintest indication of light upon the horizon, seemed endless. All the mountains touching its belly with their snow-capped heads were towering giants filled with secrets. It was a small world, doubly isolated by plains of ice and voluntary seclusion from everything known as allies, but to the one who had only just been introduced to the cool air it was big beyond comprehension.

Two-colored eyes stared wide and glittering out over the valley from her place close to the mountainside, standing in the opening of a cavern her mother had taken them to once the commotion after the birth had settled. Clean and dry, with a full belly and well rested after the emotional ordeal that was birth, the filly now found herself listening to the great silence of the earth. It wasn't perfect; her own heartbeats mingled with mother's steady breaths, the scraping of tiny cloves upon rock. It wasn't enough to drown out the peculiar noises that came from the outside world though. Trilling songs of pre-dawn birds, a cool wind through budding trees, waves rippling the surface of the steaming basin... and even now, in the void between night and day, she could hear the voices of those who were awake. Hushed, quiet voices mumbling things she didn't understand, speaking a language her mind was not yet capable of comprehending.

Shivering faintly from a cold breeze Nao wrapped the tail around the small rump and took a tentative step outward, just enough that her head emerged from the mouth of the cavern. Oversized ears wobbled from one angle to the next in her attempts to hear more, legs trembling as she hesitated over whether it was okay to go out further or not. Feeling the presence of Kou like a string tied from one heart to the next, the newborn filly stretched it precariously as she daringly balanced her way out unto the very edge, where the mountain side flattened enough to form a pathway down into the valley.

Impressed by her own bravery, the dappled girl danced a small jig where she stood and then aptly turned her attention to the east. Something was happening there, something was changing and chasing the darkness away. The sky spilling over the shoulders of the mountains was brightening, slowly but surely, and as she waited to see what would happen the little unicorn held her breath in anticipation.

[OOC: title means 'let there be light']

Credits

Leyra Posts: 88
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 3 years
Dark
[[Frost is alone. Since her account is still as unclaimed.]]

The young babe kept her regal head high, watching the sky with her grassy green orbs. She had finally been able to get away from her mother's side. Her mother was unaware of her whereabouts but the young child didn't care. She was too busy enjoying the starry sky that gleamed far above her small head, making her feel like an insignificant little speck compared to the vast beauty of the sky. As the to roan tilted her head she spotted yet another foal. Almost instantly the babe raced over to the other filly. Her horn had yet to grow in. With a giggle the babe watched the other dance a little dance before turning her attention to the rising sun. With her lips curved up in a smile she watched excitedly as the sun, the huge ball of light, rise into the sky. The shadows seemed to shrink away in fear, and the moon was chased away too.

The little babe began her own little dance, rearing up and boxing her cloven hooves into the air. She reached her neck up to the sky, smiling and grinning. After several moments she turned to the dappled filly, open in her small maw to speak. "Hi there! I'm Frost Fyre, what's your name?" The young filly smiled, noting the different coloured eyes on the other filly. They both had little unicorn tails, which excited the babe even more. She thought that this filly and her were quite alike, and she wished to play with her. But that would have to wait, because for now the dappled filly was too young to play with the roan babe, which was quite a disappointment.
I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much,
And my scars remind us the past is real
I tear my heart open, just to feel

[Image: 2jewqqh.jpg]

Aviya Posts: 59
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Time
(Dark, if your horse's child was born and you are in a herd you may ask it to be changed to the mother's herd. Foals are automatically members of the herd they are born into.)

Aviya's cloven hooves struck the icy ground with strength and dignity as she walked back towards where her mother and new sister sought refuge. Aviya, herself, could not be confined to the springs and so she had left shortly after the birth to continue her silent adventure of the lands. As she walked over the territory owned by her powerful, unicorn family, she thought about Tamlin. In all honesty, she felt like there was something missing in her life without the King's son around, challenging her in all of his coltish arrogance. She thought about their adventures together, discovering and practicing their magical abilities together, staying warm so close to eachother with Tamlin's lynx pelt draped over them. The appaloosa foal had given her the lynx pelt as a gift on one of their many adventures, and she still had it in the caves that her family slept in. But, alas, Tamlin was no where to be found, even with her constant travel over the herd lands. It was no lie, the King's children had a knack and talent of disappearing just as he did.

Walking back towards where her mother kept safety over her new foal, the dark daughter's thoughts shifted to the newcomer Varath. Psyche and herself had introduced the new grey colt into the lands, and Aviya had made a mental note to show him around the lands eventually. She wondered where he had gone. The offspring of the doctor would have to make a point to find him. She also needed to find Psyche and talk with her about her aspirations inside of the herd--and now that she was a year old she needed to inquire the steps she would need to take to join her parents in the Plague, if there were any she had to do. With all of her thoughts consumed by the things she had to do, Aviya did not even notice the two foals before she was almost on top of them. Stopping in her tracks, the growing yearling narrowed her eyes on the foreign foal, then flicked sharply towards her sister. "It is not wise to leave Mother Kou's side during the night--and owl could pick you off easily, and that is the least of your worries." the charcoal female's voice held a subtle venomous tone, and she took a step forward to herd the foal back towards the warmth of Kou's pristine whiteness. "And you," Aviya snapped then, head twisting to peer down at Leyra's daughter, "Where is your family?" Suddenly, and so unlike the feelings she had felt about her sister the hours close to her birth, she felt protective of the dapple buckskin filly. Aviya's bright eyes were narrowed darkly, watching the moves carefully of the foreign foal.

Nao Posts: 11
Aurora Basin Phantom
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.4hh :: 2
Adoptable

NAO</style>
Treading this lightless night
I will pay karma's price
</style>

When a sound of small, tripping feet added to the murmur of other nightly noises, the attention of the foal was instantly diverted from the rising sun. Slightly too large ears flipped forward as she looked in the direction of the steps, blue-brown eyes curious as they fell upon the frame of a horse only a little bit bigger than herself. Her jaw dropped, tail suddenly whipping back and forth in excitement; this was so very strange. So far she had seen Big mother Kou and Big daddy d'Artagnan, and Not quite as big sister Aviya, but this was the first time she ever laid eyes upon something that was her own size. Licking the lips as the other girl came bounding towards her, Nao smiled at her in a toothless baby grin and began to step forward to meet her. She wanted to know a name? "Nao!" she spluttered proudly, despite only having understood the brunt of all the words.

Then suddenly Aviya came into view and the path of the little buckskin filly changed, steering in her direction instead. The furry tip of the lion tail expressed joy upon seeing her, the kind of unabashed cheer of someone who couldn't read the mood of a situation. Excitedly she slipped in to press against her dark-skinned sisters side, naked gums reaching to nibble at an elbow - but hesitated. Because, the bright eyes of the pale-faced young mare didn't seem very welcoming, and the words she used sounded hard and stern; not like mothers words at all.

"Owl?" she asked and looked up at her big sister, ears falling to the sides of the head in a worried, half deflated manner. She couldn't be here? She couldn't watch what was happening on the sky by the mountains? "There, owl?" she guessed and lifted a cloven hoof from the ground, feebly trying to point towards the sky. Completely unaware of what an owl was and with the coming of dawn occupying most of her attention, the young brain did its best to connect the dots; to little avail.

Nao didn't like the way her white-faced sister looked at little Frost Fyre though. It was a hard, cold look, like lying on the ground without mother nearby, and it made her tremble even though the blue eyes wasn't even looking at her.
"Frofyr, least of worries" she tried to explain, picking up the words used by Aviya as she tripped forward on unsteady legs to nose at the shoulder of the other filly, gums trying to chew on the woolen tufts of hair at the base of the small neck.

Suddenly torn between three interesting things at once, perhaps the newborn babe could be excused for being slightly erratic. The sky was brightening by the minute, and between staring at the roan foal, her beautiful sister and keeping on her feet, Nao did her best to keep track of every changing hue. The more she stared, the more her eyes ached until the dryness of the orbs caused the tear canals to react; blinking only reluctantly, the little buckskin didn't think more about it for now.

Credits

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy
[[All fixed]]

The young babe was delighted to here the name of the dappled filly. She smiled brightly, staring at Nao. This was the first foal that was almost her own size. So far she had only seen Psyche, Tolio, Myrddin and her mother, who were all big horses. "Nice to meet you!" She squealed. Her little green orbs focused on the younger unicorn, smiling. She bounded to the side of the dapple, her little cloven hooves constantly digging into the dirt. She was excited to have yet another friend to play with other than Tolio. A new filly joined, she was much older and wiser. Her words weren't the slightest bit friendly towards the babe, and she shrank away, keeping her ears flicked to the back of her head.

"And you."The dark filly had snapped at her."Where is your family?

The little roan opened her maw slightly, speaking silently."My mommy is sleeping, and my daddy...."the filly trailed off, she had never met her father before. "I dunno where he is cause I've never met him before." The little unicorn felt ashamed that she had never met her father. A father and daughter bond was supposed to be strong, but hers was non-existent."Please don't hurt me!"The filly finally squeaked, tucking her head into her neck and keeping her ears pinned back in fear. The dark filly had finally scared her. She backed up, tripping over rocks as she did so. This larger filly was intimidating and the young babe feared her. The venomous glare seemed to pierce through her, giving her the chills.