the Rift

Through the Fire and Rain -[Levi, Kri, Open]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

K R I the R E S O L U T E
it's not the petty imperfections that define us, but the way we hold our hearts.

"Welcome Phaedra of the Grey," I say, my words hollow. There was no love lost between Ktulu and I, and I doubted that Ophelia cared much for me since I had taken to harsh words to defend my battered heart during our last meeting on these sands. Many thought me like a statue, one whose heart was untouchable, unreachable, distant. However, I knew all the better. My true problem was taking things too close to my heart, and I could almost feel the cuts and tears from those I had lost along the way, as if they had clawed a path from its very chambers and stealing away a little of me in the process. The words I have said so many times, family, it was not a lie. I may dislike many. I may yell. My tongue may turn to hot and petty words. I may not be patient. Above anything, despite the perception of the mare that is Kri by others, I am honest. I loved my herd like any child born from my loins. None would be subject to facing any burden alone.

I lived to see their safety made true. I would die if it meant the same.

Ambition did not drive me, but an unshakable responsibility and the passion to see it through. Something in the teal eyes of this mare told me she would not understand that. I listen patiently to her, her voice calm and level as she speaks of th stallion. I do not know this mare, cannot say that her judgment should be discounted or trusted. All I am certain of is that Levi has taken quite a liking to her, but I am too old and too wise to know that stallions rarely consider mares with their brain. We are neutral on this matter, of course. I smirk, my lips turning upward in empty amusement. Her next words make it grow momentarily before I dip my head in a passive nod. I understood.

The matter of an invasion was no problem. I had fought before, the musculature of my body a testimony to this if nothing else. "Expect no requests from us. We have no need for aid from disinterested parties," I say flatly to her mention of commissioning their aid. "When it comes to battle, a warrior who fights without passion is worse than dead weight." My words may seem critical of her mercenary fighter friends, but I was never one for lying through my teeth. Did I not just spend undue time explaining about how I was honest? I nod to her, taking a deep breath before lowering my head back toward the glassy surface of the water and taking a gulp.

Levi's words are thankful, and I suppose I should have given my thank you. However, I was not about to admit to my owing this mare anything. Since the Grey was apparently in the business of charging for their services, I was not about to be penny pinched out of any items I might currently be carrying. The amulet around my neck sways and hits against my chest as if to remind me of its presence. I smile between mouthfuls of water. As Levi addresses me with a bow, I lift my head back up, giving him a stern look. All of this bowing and scraping and fanciful addressing of me by those in my herd was amusing for a while, but soon grew old.

"You need not bow to me, Levi," I say, my voice even. "I am not royalty." I make a face at him, as if to lighten the mood despite how serious I was about the sentiment. "I always have time for my family." I then turn to look at the surface of the water. War preparations? All we had was one warning of an outcast punk, but was that really enough to convince the herd of danger? I was not certain, but I frowned in contemplation. "The soldiers could always use more training."

Venomxbaby, EveLivesey, humblebeez and ali00p

Messages In This Thread
RE: Through the Fire and Rain -[Levi, Kri, Open] - by Kri - 01-22-2013, 03:29 PM