the Rift

If it's not with you, herd meeting

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

Romani heard the call echo across the land, her head lifting from where she had previously been grazing. At her size, little Kasai paused in her games, likewise becoming distracted when the stallion’s call beckoned all of the Foothills to come to him for an audience. With a wary, and hesitant sigh, the Haflinger turned her neck and nudged the cub’s side affectionately. “Come, darling… Let us see what the Thief of King’s wishes from us.” It was a slight on Jackal’s title, one that she spoke with bitterness that came with change.

She hadn’t forgiven Jackal for driving Svetlana away, resulting in the ivory Pegasus’ ultimate demise. She had been loyal to Svetlana, and the herd, but ‘Lana had been… She had been the one who had found Romani, who had welcomed her to this strange land with open wings and who had offered the beautiful land of the Foothills as a place to call home. Now, she was gone, and although she had left, Romani had remained loyal to the herd.

Kasai gave a soft purr of acknowledgement to the mare’s action, and when the warrior turned one her haunches, the black and white cub obediently followed. Through the thick grasses did the mare go, heading towards the resulting place where Jackal’s voice had derived from. Already her azure eyes could spot the group that had gathered, recognizing some of the individuals, but not all of them. When she arrived, it was obvious that she was late, and that was something that the mare found herself scolding herself for. I didn’t due to show up late. Regardless, Romani came to a stop next to Jericho, the ebony Pegasus who she had found and brought home from the Threshold. He had been somewhat of a rare sight around the Foothills, but he was one whose company she thoroughly enjoyed. The palomino looked to Evers and dipped her head in respect towards the other Chief.

Her thoughts were stolen, however, when Jackal spoke.

‘Archibald is gone.’ Romani bit her tongue. Of course… Would Jackal not stop until he was the only one leading the Foothills? Did Evers understand, and accept, what the King of Thieves had done to his brother? Regardless, it looked obvious that Jackal had received as good as he had given. Remaining polite despite her growing agitation, as she had been raised, the Haflinger simply waited for Jackal to continue speaking. At her side, Kasai sat upon her haunches, understanding the severity of the situating and resisting the natural, curious urge she felt to meet others. Through their internal connection, the feline could feel her bonded’s heart tremble. Kasai didn’t like it.

Only when Jackal’s speech, while surprisingly admirable, came to a close, Romani spoke, her voice lifting through the crowd. “I don’t believe that loyalty and drive of the herd is in question, Jackal,” she said softly, respect clear in her tone. Even if she didn’t like him, Romani knew that if the Appaloosa had defeated both Svetlana and Archibald… Perhaps the blood of a leader did flow through his veins. “I won’t lie; you’re foreign to me, King of Thieves, so forgive me if I’m wary of you. Archibald was a good leader, a sturdy warlord… What can you offer the herd that the others could not? Why can we thrive under your rule, when we could not under others?” There was no bitterness in the warrior’s voice; simply genuine curiosity. What, indeed, could Jackal offer them?

Tilting her head, the mare's forelock shifted, falling in front of her azure eyes. "Perhaps later, we can speak in private, King of Theives?" There were issues Romani had, following this stallion to battle, but holding onto them could hold dangerous results. She hoped that he would take her up on the offer; for they needed to speak, alone.

[OOC: Sorry I’m late, guys… XD]

The true Soldier fights not because
He hates what is in front of him,
But because he loves what is behind him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Messages In This Thread
If it's not with you, herd meeting - by Jackal2 - 01-09-2013, 05:43 PM
RE: If it's not with you, herd meeting - by Willow - 01-09-2013, 05:55 PM
RE: If it's not with you, herd meeting - by Evers - 01-09-2013, 07:19 PM
RE: If it's not with you, herd meeting - by Cyrus - 01-09-2013, 07:41 PM
RE: If it's not with you, herd meeting - by Jericho - 01-09-2013, 08:15 PM
RE: If it's not with you, herd meeting - by Romani - 01-09-2013, 11:11 PM
RE: If it's not with you, herd meeting - by Boltar - 01-11-2013, 03:34 AM
RE: If it's not with you, herd meeting - by Kanti - 01-12-2013, 03:18 AM
RE: If it's not with you, herd meeting - by Evers - 01-12-2013, 02:43 PM
RE: If it's not with you, herd meeting - by Willow - 01-16-2013, 12:43 AM