the Rift

Contingo en la Distancia [Psyche, Open]

Vermillion Posts: 42
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 14.3 :: 7
Guess

Vermillion

Torasin and Kiba, Ktulu and Eytan, Tor, Zamoro, D'art and Aviya, Svetlana, Pluto

Vermillion had never been to the Basin before. It felt cold and unknown in his mind, when he pictured the area on his mental-map of Helovia. But who was he to judge?

Vermillion's mind had grown increasingly conflicted the longer he stayed in Helovia. His rational, developing-adult cognitive abilities told him that Solomon was gone, just as surely as their parents were. If he hadn't turned up yet, then he hadn't made it from Isilme, or at least not to Helovia. Yet, he optimistically continued his quest to find him, taking every opportunity to ask if he had been seen. Recently, he had had an epiphany, when speaking with Svetlana. If he was looking for Solomon, surely there must be others who were also seeking lost loved ones? Vermillion selfishly hadn't been taking the time to remember their names - what if someone had in fact seen his twin, but simply forgot? Filed it away as unimportant? He vowed in that moment to never forget a single face he encountered. Torasin and Kiba, Ktulu and Eytan, Tor, Zamoro, D'art and Aviya, Svetlana, Pluto. He ran their names and faces through his mind, endless. Committing each detail to memory.

At a meagre 14.3 the grey-palomino was anything but intimidating. He was extremely slender - more feminine that masculine in many ways, falling somewhere into the androgynous category, though not so much as Solomon did. Although he didn't know it, his classical unicorn physique is what would keep him safe as he entered the Basin. Although he was a hybrid, there were no reasons to think that equine blood flowed through his veins. His horn was a pristine white with a delicate spiral, and he possessed a leonine tail, rather than a typical equine tail. Had he known better, he could have ruled the Basin out immediately as a location to find Solomon, for his twin, had been born without a horn, only possessing a pathetic stump in its place. But he didn't know better, so he merely continued on.

Torasin and Kiba, Ktulu and Eytan, Tor, Zamoro, D'art and Aviya, Svetlana, Pluto

& if you were going to crucify me,
I wouldn't want 'nobody to see.

Please tag Vermillion in all posts !

"it is when we are most lost
we find our truest friends "
                   - Snow White

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

Sometimes she wonders if there will ever be anything more for her.

She is unsatisfied by nature, a creature of ever-changing needs and desires. Of one thing she is certain: unicorns are supreme by the laws of the universe. Of all else? She will never be sure. So, then, is it natural for her to wonder, sometimes, if perhaps there might be more than what she has accomplished? If she might earn more, take more, make more? Or does it make her weak to want?

She remembers her past. She's always wanted more, always taken more, always found a way to get what she wanted. Always except once. Mauja the FrostHeart swirled in her memory, a picture, clear as day. She watched as his hocks disappeared, his haunches, his back, even his bird - she hadn't even bothered to ask him about the damn thing, she regrets it now - and then that last haunting, lingering glimpse of his eyes. And he was gone again, and she was alone, as alone as if it had just happened. She could still remember his hoofprints fading from the snow, pacing in his tracks as though it would immortalize his presence, as though it would bring him back. But at the end of the day, the tracks had filled, he had been gone, and she had been alone.

What she cannot remember are the names of her victims, for they are beneath her. What she will never admit is that their faces come to her in dreams.

She doesn't really know how she arrived next to the small gold-grey stallion. She supposes she must have been wandering, as she was so often found doing, following tracks that she lay down day after day, so often that she fell into the pattern without thinking. She was almost on top of him when she noticed him, and finally her thoughts were totally, blissfully silent. Amber gaze surveyed him sharply. He was not a warrior, not of a muscular build. If anything, he looked weak. But perhaps he would have his uses. "Good afternoon, my dear," she greeted him. "My name is Psyche the Dark Empress. I am the Lady of Aurora Basin. Allow me to welcome you to my home."

[W/C | ---]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Hidden Account
Guess

Vermillion

Good afternoon, my dear. My name is Psyche the Dark Empress. I am the Lady of Aurora Basin. Allow me to welcome you to my home

Vermillion looked at Psyche with an objective scrutiny. Trying to politely look her over. Committing her features to memory. White socks? No, that was far too common. Emh. Black pelt? Amber eyes?… No. That wouldn't do either. As he tilted his head, again, trying to be inconspicuous, his green gaze latched onto the multicoloured feathers in her mane and…What's that? Is that teeth? No longer making any attempt to hide his inquisitive gaze, he took a step forward, perhaps moving too close to her; too close for a stranger to be to the Basin Lady, anyways. But he was fixatedon the trinkets in her mane. His eyes widened as he looked from her collection, to her amber eyes. "Sorry miss. Ehm-that is, Psyche, ah! Lady Psyche - uh…BasinLadyPsyche but, are those feathers and…and teeth?" Although his voice could quite fully lose his politeness, a tinge of youthful wonder coloured his questions.

Torasin and Kiba, Ktulu and Eytan, Tor, Zamoro, D'art and Aviya, Svetlana, Pluto, and Pysche with-the-feathers-and-teeth.

If anyone ever came looking for Psyche, he undoubtably would be able to recall her. "Oh!" Vermillion exclaimed suddenly, back peddling a few steps and lowering his head in a bow, while at the same time raising his leonine tail to the side, adding to the effect. "I am Vermillion, which, is quite funny really, because as you can see-" He rose his head, and pushed a shoulder forward, as if indicating that she ought to look at him, "-eh, as you can see, I have no red anywhere. Vermillion is a chinese stone-" he broke off, the interested and "I'll have you know!" look on his face falling off rapidly. "I do hope I'm not trespassing? I was only looking for someone - My apologies Lady Basin - ah! Madam Lady - er, Lady Psyche. Basin." Awkward pause. "Apologies."

Vermillion closed his eyes, shaking his head a few times, deftly trying to clear and declutter his mind. Taking a deep breath, he opened his eyes again, regarding her with an optimistic and polite stare. Really, this was good luck. The Owner…or…leader? Of the Basin, Psyche, would surely know if Solomon had ever entered her lands before. She seemed quite efficient, in the way she happened upon him so quickly. He knew she would tell him that she had no memory of Solomon, yet at the same time he could feel the gentle excited flutter of hope in his young chest. Would today be the day?

He ran the names through his mind one last time, Torasin and Kiba, Ktulu and Eytan, Tor, Zamoro, D'art and Aviya, Svetlana, Pluto, and Pysche the Basin Lady, for good luck.

- Snow White

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

The last steed to study her so intently had been Naberius on that dark night not so long ago. But his gazed had roved over her body with finesse, caressing every line of muscle, every wayward hair, with a lust that she rarely saw. This one did not look at her like that. He studied her, almost as though he were attempting to memorize ever detail of her. She raised an eyebrow. Odd.

"Sorry miss. Ehm-that is, Psyche, ah! Lady Psyche - uh…BasinLadyPsyche but, are those feathers and…and teeth?"

She laughed, appealing bell-like tones slipping from between her lips. "They are indeed, my friend."

He offers an exclamation, retreats rather quickly and, she must admit, comically, and dips into a bow. There is something off about him, and she finds herself thinking of Zikar-Sin. She wonders if Vermillion, too, is interested in studying the world and, thus, her. She nods to him regally, accepting his bow, and he launches into speech. Vermillion. It is her turn to commit the stag, and his name, to her memory, and she looks him over briefly. He was, obviously, correct: there was no crimson on his bodice. Perhaps his name would have been more suited for her grandfather, the Crimson King.

He apologizes, and she offers him a smile, though it is perhaps a little off, as her smiles so often tend to be. "Do not fret, Vermillion. Unicorns are always most welcome in my lands." She turns, looks over her domain. It is really quite pretty from here, from so close to the pass. Evergreens slope sparsly down the hill into a vast meadow; at the center, a small lake reflects the sun's slanting light. Mountains rise all around them, both trapping them and protecting them within the borders of the Basin. An interesting oxymoron, to be sure.

Amber gaze returns to the not-red steed. She remembers Mauja, and she remembers that he is lost to her. For the briefest of moments, she shares a feeling of kinship with the odd stallion, but the moment is short-lived, and is very soon sent on its way like a leaf in the breeze. "You are welcome to search my home, but perhaps I might be of use: who do you seek?"

[W/C | ---]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Hidden Account
Guess

Vermillion

As Psyche spoke, Vermillion found himself drawn in by her odd phrasing. It was almost rhythmic, and he inadvertently was moving his muzzle up and down to the rhythm of her speech. His feminine green gaze clouded over, as if in a trance, as a hazy smile etched across his soft muzzle. As Pysche ceased speaking, Vermillion comically did not cease nodding. Realizing that the Basin Lady was no longer addressing him, he abruptly snapped his muzzle back to a regular position, blinking stupidly. "Er. Your royal Psychness - Basinness - er. Lady Psyche? His name is Solomon…We're twins you see. Well," He said pausing with a slight chuckle, feeling more confident as he blurted out the routine description that he had given to so many. "Not exactly identical, I suppose. Really. He was born without a horn - just a stump!" Lowering his voice, as if telling Psyche some rare secret, he whispered "He gets awfully sore about it."

Flicking his leonine tail, for moment he thought he might in fact have a chance of finding Solomon. After all, the only beings he had asked so far, well, they hadn't been leads or lay's of anything! It was entirely possibly that Pysche might in fact know where his lost twin was. Unbeknownst to him, as his tendency to divulge too much information hadn't gotten him into trouble in Helovia yet, he had let one of the most racist beings in all of Helovia know that despite his classical appearance, he was in fact, a hybrid.

Torasin and Kiba, Ktulu and Eytan, Tor, Zamoro, D'art and Aviya, Svetlana, Pluto, and Pysche

[OOC: Short. >.< Didn't want to go too far since I doubt Psyche will like that he's a hybrid. D:]

- Snow White

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

She very rarely took it upon herself to question the lineage of those who appeared to be full-blooded unicorns. They had a horn, after all, and wasn't that what mattered? She had convinced herself that their crown was all the mattered; a god-given right to rule, she said, that was what it signified. So if a unicorn had an equine for a mother? Well, so long as he or she denounced their relationship, converted to her form of religion (if one would call it that), then she would not question it. She didn't even need to know, in truth. If they were given a horn, then they deserved a place by her side, even if it was not a high-ranking one.

Of course, if they flaunted their lineage, she would sing a different tune. "Er. Your royal Psychness - Basinness - er. Lady Psyche? His name is Solomon…We're twins you see." The odd creature didn't seem to know what to call her. She might have corrected him, offered a definitive title, but he seemed determined to speak his piece. "Well," a pause and a chuckle, "Not exactly identical, I suppose. Really. He was born without a horn - just a stump!" He lowered his voice. "He gets awfully sore about it."

Well, that was odd. She considered this information for a moment, for all the world acting as though she were searching her memory. What in the world did Vermillion mean by that little statement? A horse with a stump - would that still be a unicorn? She wondered if Solomon's horn had simply snapped off, perhaps in battle, or if it was well and truly just not there. She narrowed her eyes, still striving to look thoughtful. He must be a hybrid, there was no other explanation. "I have not seen such a stallion, nor would he be welcome here if I had," she finally informed him. No use in sugar-coating it, after all, not that she cared to anyway.

"As I said, unicorns are welcome within my borders. All others are forbidden." There was something dark and forbidding about her enticing lyrics, perhaps lending to their hypnotic nature or, perhaps, repelling him. She cared not either way. "If you wish to learn of our lifestyle, you may stay; if not, leave." Search for a lost brother be damned - if he had no horn, he would not be found here.

[W/C | ---]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.