Thick as thieves. [Tio/Open]

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
[Image: 50bfc82451215]

PHAEDRA

Tio.

He seemed so strange to Phae - it all began with his sickly green eyes. Eyes so almost neon green that they seemed to glow with a weird light of their own. While her own green eyes were sensual and enthralling, his were nauseating, and not unlike some horrid scene - awful, but you often find yourself unable to look away. However, as Phae led the way out of the threshold, she was sparred any more of his nuclear looks. But that wasn't the only thing strange about the stallion - he seemed to possess the ability to roller coasting through his emotions. One moment flirtatious, one moment furious, the next…manipulative? Yes. Phae surely thought he was manipulating her. Why else would he immediately try and bait her with the opportunity to be his lead whatever? Surely any mare who jumped so eagerly at the chance was either power hungry, or petty. In the first case, a mare who would climb the ladder that quickly without proving hereof, was likely not worth the time, and would probably depart for another opportunity just as quickly. And petty mares, who care about titles and leading were usually not qualified to do so in the first place.

Flicking her sandy tail, she stepped lightly, but with confident. She would have preferred taking to the skies, but that opportunity was not afforded to her, given that Tio was ground-bound. Stella, her sectretary-bird companion flew a few feet behind them, eyeing the stallion warily, untrustingly. She kept sending mental images to Phae, telling her to leave him. Phae returned these with soothing thoughts of calm, and patience. We will see what he knows… She thought soothingly to the little bird. Unconvinced, Stella chirped dismissively, and disappeared into the trees.

"So sugar, tell me more about this little herd you want to start." She asked, her voice flirtatious, but sounding genuinely interested. Did he have a land in mind that he planned on taking? Or a leader that he wanted to challenge? She considered his options: He could try and buy the Grey's aid, though being new to Helovia, she wasn't sure if he had anything to barter with. He could challenge a lead and simply assume leadership…however the herd could mutiny against him, if he couldn't prove to be a worthwhile leader. Or, he could create a band of his own, and invade.

Join the waves in the ocean?
Or let my soul fade away, in the dark?
Cause I've gone astray,
& all my flowers turned to dandelions.

HP: 45.5

Catillatio Posts: 65
Banned atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon

Actions "Speech" Thought

Tio seemed content to follow her wherever she was leading him. His eyes took in the sights of the trees that were thinning around them and guessed that they were coming to the edge of the forest. He was aware of the bird flying close behind him and figured she was doing so to keep an eye on him. A smart bird, but for now, her worries for groundless. Tio was as dangerous as she feared, however he had an iron grip on control right now, seeing as he was more interested in learning what she knew than dominating her in a violent fashion.

At her question, his attentions were brought back to the forest and he refocused his gaze upon her with his ears pricked forwards. The stud flicked his tail, whipping away a fly that had decided to land on his hocks before he answered her. "There is a legend in the land where I came from. The legend of Cero." He cleared his throat, knowing this wasn't a direct answer to her question, but it would help her gain an idea of what he wanted to do.... eventually. "In my homeland, we were split into 6 different herds, each one of radically different terrain, and the magic was generally different for each. You see, we were element benders, born and raised to bend nature to our wills. I don't think anyone realized that the ability to do so was due to the fact that that land was shrouded in a strange magic that made it a difficult land to find, or leave. Once I did, I lost the abilities I was born with, and those I trained to obtain. I know that here I can gain them back, but it won't be the same, for I will never be as powerful as I was."

"In anycase, our land was split into 6 herds according to the elements the inhabitants were able to bend at birth... Water, Fire, Earth, Air, Metal, and Space. For each land, there were assigned 2 gods, one male and one female. We could have up to 12, however I don't remember ever having that many at a time. Anyways, Cero was born among the earth benders. He was a warrior from birth, and in his time, the land was torn apart by war. He lost his entire family to invasion, and was forced to grow up in the metal lands with a new herd that taught him how to bend the metal around him. He grew up alright, but in his heart was a thirst for revenge. The war that took his family away, was a war being waged by the gods. Did they care that they were tearing so many families apart for their own selfish reasons? No."

"So when he was a bachelor, he formulated a plan. Gathered a following, using the commoners anger against the gods as a motivational speech. He was a master of manipulation through fear and rage. Together, he and his followers invaded each land, one by one, and when they bested the old rulers of each land, he would appoint one of his captains as the new ruler of that land. They were experienced leaders, both in political affairs and in battle, and more importantly, they were loyal to him. Cero had planned to gain control of each land indirectly by replacing the rulers of those lands with ones that were loyual to him, so that he was like an emperor standing on top of a chain of governors. He never got that far."

"His greed brought the attention of the gods, and he tasted their wrath before knowing fear for the first time in his life. You see, Cero had a mate, and their son was his lieutenant. He loved them both so much, that he would die for them above anything and everything else. The gods decided to punish him by killing off his lead mare and having their newborn daughter be stillborn. Not only that, but they prevented Cero the easy way out by granting him immortality. No matter how many times his grief drove him to commit suicide, he could not die. He eventually disappeared, however... The legend goes that he is simply sleeping. The meadow where he was born was thought to be cursed. Horses thought that if a horse with the heart of a warrior went there, that he would wake up and return to the land, a plague upon the entire island and it's inhabitants."

"I'm not saying that I want to follow in his hoofprints, only a fool would challenge the gods in such a way. However, his methods for conquest were solid theories. I can not take over a land by myself. There would be too many horses willing to fight alongside their current rulers for me to even think I could them all on my own. I need a following. For that, i need you. In my homeland, a stallions power was measured by the size of his band. I can't impress stallions into wanting to fight for me, if I have no mares willing to follow my lead." Tio paused for a moment and then turned to look at her with one raised brow.

"That doesn't mean that I think mares can't put up much of a fight. I know you're probably just as capable as any stud. However, let's be reasonable... stallions are stronger, and more capable fighters, than mares as a general rule. They battle every other day, against other stallions, protecting what they have. So they have more experience." He flicked his tail again and swiveled one ear to take in the chirping of a robin somewhere behind them both. Despite his apologetic tone, it was startlingly obvious what his general thoughts on gender roles were. No matter how polite he sounded, it could not be denied that Tio was in fact, probably the most sexist, wood-for-brains that any mare had ever met.

As he'd told the story, the scenery around them changed. They'd come to the edge of the forest, crossed a knee-high river, and had traveled deep into a meadow full of thistles and lush grass. Along the horizon, an oak tree of two stretched it's branches to the sky, providing shade from the sun for all manner of beasts. As he watched, a few does and their fawns bounded across the terrain, content to leap about happily and munch on the grass. Tio looked around, taking in his new surroundings and then looking at her and admiring the way the sunlight gleamed off her golden coat and her freckled wings. He didn't say anything about the way her appearance was making him feel, mainly because his expression of love was a violent one.

Still, he was trying to keep himself under control so that she wouldn't gain the upper hand. He was still a bit wary of her and this land and despite his promises to make her his lead mare, he was under no such obligation. At least not until she proved herself to him as a mare worth keeping around for longer than her knowledge was useful to him. If he could stand her presence after she taught him everything she knew of the land he had come to, she'd passed with flying colors. If not, well.... let's just hope she knows how to run... fast.

Word count: 1267

Deceased

PHAEDRA

There is a legend in the land where I came from. The legend of Cero

Phae listened with a polite interest as Tio told his tale. She was mildly surprised that he was willing to give up so much information. Initially, he had seemed quite guarded and manipulative to her. But then again, maybe this was all apart of his plan. Phae had never possessed much strength, or magic, and so was not able to fully understand what it must feel like for Tio to admit that he would never be as powerful. Still, loss was a feeling Phae understood well enough to sympathize with. Did they care that they were tearing so many families apart of their own selfish reasons? No. Tio continue. Phae nodded her head intently listening now. A similar thing had happened in Helovia. Not quite so drastic perhaps, but the God's did like to meddle in their affairs, making decisions that impacted their small mortal lives.

As he told of Cero's immortality and the loss of his loved ones, Phae shivered as the thought of loss washed over her. She had thought she had lost Tolio once, but was proven blissfully wrong. She couldn't imagine having a lifetime of memories with him, only to have him removed from her. Not that he was hers, or ever would be but…But she understood.

That doesn't mean that I think mares can't put up much of a fight. I know you're probably just as capable as any stud. However, let's be reasonable... stallions are stronger, and more capable fighters, than mares as a general rule. They battle every other day, against other stallions, protecting what they have. So they have more experience. Phae took no offence to his statements. She was no feminist, nor did she have any grand ideas about her capabilities. She trotted in front of him a few paces, and halted in his path. With her head raised high, and her hooves positioned strategically to emphasize her confirmation, she extended her large tawny wings fully, and raised them upright. Her tail raised slightly, allowed her sandy many to cascade outwards in a sea of ripples. She was taller than the average mare due to her andalusian heritage, yet her arabian features made her body slender and lithe. She was built for speed, and flight, leaving all of her muscles long and lean. Turning to him, the light from the meadow caught her eye, causing her green gaze to sparkle brilliantly. "Although I am capable of fighting, and have not lost a spar, my talents lay elsewhere…" To emphasize this, she billowed her large wings once, before returning them to her sooty flanks. She was a siren, a seductress, and a spy. Those were her real talents, and she was not ashamed of them, nor afraid to use them. "Although i'm sure that you're quite aware that muscle alone will not get you what you seek." Winking flirtatiously, she moved her body out of the path, to once again walk at his side.

"I assume you would speak with the God's of this land then? Of which there are only 4; siblings, actually. They play favourites, and are fickle when it comes to answering the plights of those who visit their shrines. I have heard there are members of each herd who are granted special audience with their herds' God, at certain times and in certain locations. You could ask for your magic back…? They would likely send you on a quest, as they did when I sought Stella."

She tilted her head inquisitively, her smooth green gaze washing over him. He seemed more organized that she had originally anticipated. Would his aspirations every see the light of day? There was great unease in Helovia…so many bands had formed…Her mind wandered to Leander, and his discussion with the Grey. Was he still intent on creating his own group? Or would he try and work things out with Kri, or maybe someone in the Foothills? Did Tio have his sight set on any particular land?

Cause I've gone astray,

Loon

Actions "Speech" Thought

Tio stopped to watch as she flared her wings and raised both brows at her flourish. He shook his head a little and then tracked her movement to stand at his side. The stallion touched his scarred muzzle to her neck and snorted out allowing his breath to fall on her spotted hide. His acid green eyes had softened for a rare moment of tenderness. Not because her flirtations had worked on him, but because he was trying to tell her something. He didn't waste much time with body language, however. Intending instead to just tell her his thoughts.

"You do realize that you don't have to flourish yourself in order to be beautiful, right? In fact, I've been feeling like I should let you know.... you don't have to fake it, or make attempts at grandeur to make stallions desire you. You have a.... natural beauty, that exudes from your every movement without having to try. I've noticed you've been trying your damnedest to flirt with me as hard as you can, but to be honest, all you've been doing is ruining what I think of you. Don't think. Just feel. You get what I'm saying here? .... What I'm trying to say is you don't have to try so hard. I think you're gorgeous just the way you are. I put a lot more stock in personality than I do in looks, anyways. I find flirtatious mares detestable because either a, they try too hard without realizing what they have naturally, like you... or b, they're often not very smart and you don't strike me as the latter."

He gave her a small smile before the moment of kindness was gone and his expression hardened into his usual, infuriatingly unreadable emotion once more. I say unreadable because there were a lot of emotions roiling faintly in his gaze and they were so well-melded together into his expression that it was difficult to pick them apart and tell what he was actually thinking.

He pulled his head away from her, arching his neck and turning his head to profile to inspect her with one proud eye. His forelock fell into his eye, breaking up the acid green with muddy-brown. The stud pricked his dusty ears forwards to catch her end of the conversation they were having. He was quickly deciding he liked this mare. She was a femme after his own heart- a bit lusty, but also straight to the point and business-like when it was necessary. She seemed to know how to get what she wanted while also giving an equal amount of what she got away to others. While also seeming to know her place in the world and not take offense when she was belittled by side-remarks. He knew this by the fact that his sexist comments had not sparked hostility in her response.

He took a moment to think over what she was telling him before he replied. So he could regain his power if he met with these gods and was sent on a quest... He wondered what kind of quests were usually given, and what the rewards were if they were completed... as well as what the usual penalty was for failing. "I suppose so. I'm assuming that bird back there is a gift you obtained from doing such a quest? What did they require you to do, and how can a humble stallion like me meet with one of these gods? I wonder... do these powers include the power to control gravity? I would very much like to have that power back, if nothing else. It was useful, for training, and for suppressing rebellion..." His nicker faded off as the wheels began to turn in his mind once more. To have the power of the stars at his hooves again... oh it seemed his fate was not nearly as bad as he had feared.

"....Of the six elements that ruled my homeland, I was born alongside the space benders. My abilities were so strong that not only could I control the gravity around myself and others, but I could also create stars, and utilize the cosmic power of a black hole or a supernova at will. The space gods were responsible for creating 5 planets in deep space, and leaving a portal that would transport a space bender back and forth between the two realms. If I could regain a smidgen of that power..." He nickered, half to himself.

"... Right new plan, I want you to tell me everything about these quests, and lead me to the place where I can meet one of these gods and gain my own. You can tell me about the lands and we can decide which one we want to rule and whether or not you will help me take over that land, later. Is that understood?" He ordered, his expression alight with a new purpose.

818 words
For Phaedra, Played by Aud
OOC: I don't think she should have mentioned the quests. xD

Deceased

PHAEDRA

She turned into his touch, ever so slightly, but unmistakably.

Phae was the sort of creature who appreciated each and every touch that her sooty pelt received. She was an expert when it came to finely gracing another's body in an effort to convey a message better left unsaid. As such, she paid attention to the unspoken words of others. As Tio's scarred muzzle touched her neck, she felt him exhale into her. As she inhaled he took in her scent, forever memorizing it. Was he memorizing her as well? Filing away her sweet scent of cinnamon and lilac? Or had he already..?

A small smile - a genuine one - broached her soft pink muzzle as he spoke. Vaguely, she wondered if he thought she was going to be put down, or offended by his criticism of her behaviour, but in fact she was quite the opposite. It was refreshing to have someone see her for what she was, and understand her actions for what they were. I think you're gorgeous just the way you are. A pretty crimson blush coloured her sooty cheeks at this compliment, and she had to turn her head away to hide her smile. He reminded her of Apollo - not that he was as innocent or sweet as Apollo was, but that he seemed to simply act genuine around her. Turning back to him, she sighed with a soft smile, relaxing. "Well, not all stallions pick up on things as quickly as you do, sugar. Sometimes it takes a bit of flourish to get their attention" Of course she realized what she had naturally, and, as he pointed out, she did play it up to her advantage. She was slightly surprised though, that he found flirtatious mares detestable, as he put it. Given his inferior view of females, she would have thought him the type to think of mares in terms of providing offspring, in which case flirting (inevitably leading to breeding) is what they should be doing. She had also judged him as the type liking a mares attention. Huh.

She watched his smile fade away, and decided against pushing the limits of his suggestion to Don't think. Just feel. As he pulled away and continued walking, Phae lithely matched his pace, listening to his questions. As he referred to Stella as that bird, she chittered angrily from somewhere in the trees, objecting to being addressed in such a way. With a silvery laugh, Phae nodded. "She was a gift from the God of the Earth. I was given until the end of BirdSong to either fall in love, or introduce two who would eventually fall in love.." Flicking her tail, she thought of Sohalia and Note, making a mental reminder to check in on them. Her gaze clouded somewhat, as she tried to recall as much as she knew about the God's of Helovia. "Space…That would likely be the God of the Spark, who controls shock and time magic. He has created a new herd land, the Aurora Basin, ruled by the Lady Psyche. Although, only Unicorns may freely enter into her lands, and her herd. The being there who channels the God, is called Myrddin, their Haruspex."

Taking a deep breath, she continued. "The God's can be called upon at their individual shrines, deep in the Veins of the Gods. The Earth God is kind, but the other three….Well, the Goddess of the Moon is vain and manipulative, the God of the Spark is mischievous and the God of the Sun is selfish and vengeful. Often their requests come at a cost; loss of memory, giving something up, hurting others, or being injured yourself…" Her voice trailed off as she shrugged. "It all depends on what you ask for, really." Looking at the direction they were headed, a small chuckle caressed her lips. "We're actually headed in the direction of the Veins, now…If you'd like to continue?"

[OOC: xD The Veins are SW of where they are now. She could come with him the Veins, if you want. You're at 12 posts, so you can official ask for something ^^ Conveniently, I also play Myr, the haruspex, if you ever want to chat with him. ]

Cause I've gone astray,

Loon

Actions "Speech" Thought

Once again, her words ground Tio's movement to a halt as he stopped to look at her. A light breeze ruffled their manes, tossed their tails about, and caused the grass to bend in waves for a moment before it faded and left them alone once more. He raised a leg and pawed the air in front of him while he thought, digging the edge of his hoof into the turf as he did so.

"Hmmm... Magic is all well and good, but now that you've got me thinking, I would like to meet this Goddess of Earth first. I had a companion in my homeland, one that I was forced to leave behind. The ordeal was painful for us both, and I hate to say it, but I miss that sewer rat more than I thought I would. If her quests are like that, I believe bringing him here, or finding a new companion would be easy enough. You are welcome to join me, of course. I need your help showing me the way anyways. Besides, travelling alone isn't as fun as travelling together." He said with another smile of amusement. Phaedra was lucky, she was meeting him now rather than a few years ago. Being around Gabrielle had taught him to portray positive emotions, and it was only now that she was gone that he'd actually begun to show what he'd learned.

Perhaps it was only a mask, for the stallion had proved himself capable of committing acts of the most vile cruelty as well as those of the most sublime kindness. He would conveniently forget to mention the time he'd lost control of himself and beaten his former lead mare until she broke her leg... or about the time he'd actually bucked a clingy band mare off a cliff because she wouldn't leave when he'd told her too. Phaedra didn't need to know about these things and as long as she kept pleasing him, she wouldn't find out. The basic fact was, that she was dancing with a demon and she didn't even know it. Tio was fairly certain that, had she known of his track record as a murderer so far, she would never had stopped long enough to give him the time of day.

The benefits of being unknown in a new land, he had no reputation to precede him. The real reason he'd stopped however was because he had a tightness in his abdomen that was demanding his attention. "Forgive me for a moment. Just... look the other way if you need to." He said as his back legs stretched out. His pride untucked and a moment later, he relieved himself on the grass. When he finished, he stood up straight again and let his tail flick against his legs. It may have been disgusting but a guy was still a guy, no matter how chivalrous he seemed. Besides, he had given her fair warning. If she didn't look away, or stand aside, that was her problem.

"So anyways, as we were saying... If I wish to speak to this Goddess of Earth in order to get my companion back, I need to talk to this Haruspex person and then travel to the Veins? or...? Am I getting that right?" He asked her as he recommenced walking in the same direction as before. The stallion wondered once more what it would be like to have Kane back in his life, and again wondered if he even wanted the little bastard back. Kane had been a cowardly sewer rat king who hung around Tio because he wanted the protection, and because tormenting Tio's already unstable mind had been a hobby for that rat. In the end, some would say Tio was better off without him, because without him, Tio's mood swings were somewhat safer. Still intense and random, but at least they were less violent and, more importantly, less people got hurt in the long run.

On the other hand, the rat was useful in his own way. The rats he commanded were Tio's eyes and ears of the land he'd grown up with. Having a tiny army of spies on his side was downright useful despite the consequences. Still, he would have plenty of time to think about what he wanted to quest for. They had a long way to go till they got to the Veins. A lot could happen in that time.

752 words
OOC: lol Tio! That is NOT how you get women to like you! Bad! I just vacuumed that grass! x'D

Deceased

PHAEDRA

Phae chuckled as Tio referred to the goddess of the Earth. In her mindseye, she imagined the ancient, mountainous God as a female, with a billowing mane and tail following around like a gown. However the creature she imagined still had a beard, and ram horns. The image caused a silvery laugh to escape her muzzle, as she shook her head. "God of the Earth, a very manly one, at that." She corrected, her voice full of amusement. Besides, travelling alone isn't as fun as traveling together. Her brows furrowed together at his statement, a confused smile upon her lips. Did he mean in general, that traveling with another was better? Or was he speaking of her, specifically? She found her mind lingering on the question, unsure what to make of her traveling companion.

However, her thoughts were interrupted as Tio moved off of the path, suggesting that she look away, if necessary. Again, her silver laugh came as she diverted her eyes, moreso out of courtesy, than embarrassment or awkwardness. No, she thought to herself, he is definitely not trying to impress me. The thought seemed to relax her, causing her to feel at ease by his side. It was soothing to be able to be her flirtatious-self around a stallion who would not be pulled in so quickly by her charms, as Levi had. Before she had left him in the Fields, he had said he wanted to speak with her, but whatever about? From the trees, Stella chirped joyfully, having a certain fondness for the grulla stallion. She projected the image of Levi placing his neck around Phae's withers, in a hug of sorts, along with the emotion that Stella felt about the bond she shared with Phae. Phae replied in their silent way, with a firm No. Only you and I share that sort of connection Stella. You, and no one else.n Was that what Levi had to tell her? That he loved her? Or was it more, that he was in love with her? It must be karma. After what had happened with Tolio, this was the universe putting her in her place.

As Tio returned to her, she considered his question. "If you seek a companion, I believe any God can grant you an audience. The God of the Spark is only needed if you quest for magic pertaining to Shock or Time. Even then, visiting the Haruspex wouldn't be necessary...Only if you wanted to chat with the God, or find out information about him, I suppose."

Flicking her tail, Phae considered the Veins for her own reasons. She remembered her first encounter with the God of the Earth, and how frightened she had been. It seemed silly now, he was so kind and gentle with her, although she was sure he had a temper just as his siblings did. Even so, it had nearly been 2 months since she last visited and called an audience with anyone...She had an inkling in the back of her, as to a potential idea for magic. However it would require calling upon the Goddess of the Moon, and she was unsure whether such a vain and manipulative beauty such as She, would hold an audience with Phae. Phae would give herself a week to think it over, before making a decision. She might be ignored anyways, and have to wait another 2 months after all.

Returning back to Tio's questions about companions, "The God's only grant common companions - although they have been known to develop magical abilities over time. Other companions have been known to simply appear in Helovia, which usually causes some sort of competition..As you are an equine, you would be able to participate if the creature was a Dragon, as they will only bond to horses." She flicked her tail as she spoke. She preferred Stella to a Zephyr, really, and was not disappointed at all with her choice of companion. While Stella was beautiful and agile, she would grow to be a wicked hunter and a ferocious carnivore. Besides, technically as there were no other Secretary Birds in Helovia, she was rarer than a Zephyr would be. Feeling Phae's thoughts, Stella trilled happily in the sooty mares mind, projecting a feeling of love and happiness towards her bonded. Phae returned the emotion, feeling a content smile place itself across her pink muzzle as she walked.

[OOC: xD]

Cause I've gone astray,

Loon

Actions "Speech" Thought

Tio broke into a rare gait that was only found in a select few horses of a specific breed. It was both a walk, and not one. His movement was a flat-footed walk that was faster than a walk and less energy-consuming than a trot. His tail hiked upwards as he moved, the tresses shivering as they followed his motion. His neck was arched, and the head bobbed lightly. He'd learned it from his mother when he was very young. It was a gait that underscored all of the best qualities about his bloodline, including his Arabian heritage. On the other hand, it was downright useful for travelling studs like him who liked to cover a lot of ground in a short amount of time without using up all of his energy stores.

While it had taken him years to perfect it as a yearling, now Tio used the gait without even thinking about it. It was likely that he would throw gaited foals as well when he bred. The fun part about having this gait was that Phaedra would need to trot to keep up with him. His ears were pricked towards her as he turned his head to look towards her.

"We'd better get going then, we've got a long way to go." he called to her. The sun caught his sooty dun coat with flashes of dusty bronze and earthy-browns where his dorsal stripe and stockings were located. His dark mane and tail shivered constantly in the breeze created by his motion. The brindle drippings appeared as bolts of lightning down both sides of his barrel, shoulders, and left hip. Eventually, they came to a rise in the meadow and crested the small hill. Tio ground to a halt took a deep breath. "It's too bad this place can't be claimed. It's the perfect spot for a small herd." He commented lightly as he looked around at the surrounding lush grass and thistle flowers.

He listened to her explanation about the dragons. "... Back home, only the gods were strong enough to gain the servitude of a legendary companion." He snorted lightly and gazed at her, his neck arched again. This time, he had lowered his head a little to nip flirtatiously at her forelegs. It didn't last long, and the amorous behavior did not reach into his eyes, which were as mysterious as ever. He straightened up, figuring it was better to give her small doses of his advances at a time. That would give her time to get used to being around him in all different kinds of situations, and think about whether she wanted to stay long enough for something a little more... well, permanent to happen. "Thanks for coming with me, Phaedra. I find travelling a lot more enjoyable when I'm in the company of such a beautiful fae, like you."

He said, paying her the compliment that she was beautiful a second time to let that sink in. For it was true, she outstripped his former lead mare in beauty by leaps and bounds. Her company had exposed him to what real beauty was, and he wasn't about to let his actions be something that drove her away. Still, he let the moment fade on his end, and turned to continue walking. All the better to keep her guessing.

572 words
Did I say yet that I'm in love with this thread? o3o;

Deceased
 Phaedra</style>
 & from your lips she drew the hallelujah</style>

Phae watched as Tio's walk became extended - almost light and bouncing though his knees did not bend enough for his movement to be considered a trot. She had seen others move in such a way - and although her legs were longer, given her andalusian heritage, it was not a gait she was able to match. Still, it was not as though she couldn't keep up. Phae was in excellent shape. True, she would not be able to maintain a pace such as this over long distances, as Tio might, but they didn't have so far to go, that it concerned her. Besides, she could always take to the air, at his side if she tired. Phae picked up a light trot, unable to help the prance in her step - not that she would have, anyways. As Tio looked towards her, she merely flashed him a sultry smile, not minding the pace at all.

It's too bad this place can't be claimed. It's the perfect spot for a small herd Phae considered this for a moment, shrugging as she halted by his side. "I don't think it can be officially claimed, no. However, you could simply occupy it? The Grey, for instance, dwells in the Deep Woods. Any who would seek us, know to find us there. We also monitor the forest quite regularly. " Thinking more, she wasn't entirely sure if anyone had claimed the Meadow, unofficially or otherwise. .. Back home, only the gods were strong enough to gain the servitude of a legendary companion. Again, Phae listened politely to his musings. "Perhaps the God's here are more generous than those you have known before. Ophelia, the lead of my intelligence Division, has a royal frost dragon at her side - the only one of its kind I've ever seen. And I have heard there are others who can shape-shift into different animals…One of them I believe, has even been granted the ability to become a dragon" Phae had only ever heard tell of Mirage the DragonHeart, and having never met the mare in person, could neither confirm nor deny the rumours of her abilities. Still, she didn't doubt that it could be true.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Tio's almost playful nip at her forelegs. As her green gaze moved to find his, a mischievous light in her eyes, she noticed that his gaze remained as cloudy and unrevealing as ever. What? She wondered, searching his face for some indication of what was going on in his mind. Thanks for coming with me, Phaedra. I find travelling a lot more enjoyable when I'm in the company of such a beautiful fae, like you. Again, he perplexed her. Earlier, he had chided her on her flirtatious ways, and yet still he was complimenting her. He appeared to be showing off to a certain extent, though if he was trying to demonstrate himself as a leader in her eyes, surely that would make sense? Yet why nip at her forelegs? That sort of…closeness, would not be one she would expect a stallion like Tio to demonstrate to simply anyone he was potentially recruiting. But then again, maybe it was. Her mind immediately conjured Levi, who, similar to herself, appeared to be flirtatious with every mare, regardless of his feelings towards them.

Regardless, Phae was enjoying this time spent with this odd stallion. It was a refreshing change. Even as the moment faded, Phae was still drawn in, and eagerly continued at his side. "I do hope the God's answer you" Phae admitted with a small grin, "I'd like to see if you can accomplish the things you mean to."

Loon

Actions "Speech" Thought

He did not stop walking as they continued to converse, preferring to simply answer her as they moved. He had one of his dusty ears trained on her, while the other swiveled constantly, catching every little noise that sounded around them. Despite being half-distracted by their conversation, Tio was as aware of his surroundings as ever. Still, the news that Mirage, whom he was assuming was a lead of one of the main herds, could turn into a dragon shocked him to a standstill. Although his shock was due more to the fact that his other ability, which he had feared was lost forever, was in fact just out of his reach at the moment.

She must be bored shitless of me by now, sky-born as she is, being obligated to show a grounded stud around... no matter how much I try to make it interesting for her, she will eventually leave me. It does not have to be this way, if only... well, now I have a choice to make, don't I? Power, Friendship, or Lust? His ears pressed against his skull at the situation he had found himself in. He hated points of interest like this. He could choose to ask the gods for his magic powers back and be that much closer to being a force worth reckoning with. Or, he could choose to value companionship and go with finding a new rat to adopt as his new vassal. Lastly, he could choose to regain his shifting abilities into a raven and be able to fly alongside her so that they were not in such conflict with each other in interests of travel, and perhaps grow closer that way.

Tio recognized the pros and cons of each decision and knew which one he would choose in the end, mainly because keeping Phaedra happy was the only way to get this Mercenary group she belonged to on his side. She already seemed to be falling into the trap known as his charm, without realizing or considering that he had ulterior motives to his actions, or so it seemed. Keeping her interested in him long enough for them to gather a relationship was wholly beneficial to him. He didn't intend to sully the arrangement with amorous thoughts, nor would he intend to get in too deep with this mare. He could sense that the relationship between them was as shallow as a tide pool right now and as far as he was concerned it could stay that way.

"We should keep moving, I smell Coyotes." The sooty dun commented as he took a breath and nearly choked on the canine scent. They weren't much of a threat, but there were usually a lot of them in a pack, and also, they tended to tail their larger cousin, the wolf, for table scraps. Tio could handle a fight easily, but he wanted to avoid conflict as much as possible right now, considering he was vulnerable for as long as he did not have his magic ability. Also, he wanted to avoid exposing his cruel side for as long as possible. Tio knew that, if they appeared, he would not hesitate to kill all those that stayed to fight. He didn't know how Phaedra would react to that. On the one hand, he knew some mares found it endearing that a stallion would not think twice before rushing in to protect himself and her. On the other hand, it would show how cruel minded he was because, if he was able to take the life of an equine enemy without a shred of mercy, what would he do to his own species if he was angered?

626 Words
Written for Phaedra, played by Aud.
OOC: Yeah, he's double-crossing her, and she's double-crossing him as far as I can tell. What a wonderful relationship. -sarcasm- xD

Deceased
 Phaedra</style>
 & from your lips she drew the hallelujah</style>

They walked in silence for a time - though Phae used to that. Normally, men were so tongue-tied around her, that she could practically feel them begging her to carry the conversation. This was not a vibe she was picking up from Tio, however. In that moment, she really did feel like his guide - as if she were leading some tourist, or researcher onto his final destination. He seemed definitely more sure of himself, and organized than she believed…perhaps…But what would Ktu think? And what would he think of her?

The Grey dwelt in the forest, but would they always remain there? Would they ever desire the need for a herd land of their own? And if so, how would they take it? It sounded as though Tio had a plan for how that might be possible…and with the Grey backing him, he just might achieve it. But would Tio's ideals, align with The Grey? Would the two implode on each other, if they proved victorious? Not only that, but how would Tio handle having Ktulu, a mare in charge of the warriors? In charge of him? Flicking her creamy tail, she disregarded the idea. No… She thought. It was silly to even conceive of the idea of Tio staying around. But then again…"You know…" She began, speaking levelly and thoughtfully, "If you aren't planning on joining a herd while you form your band, you might do yourself a favour by speaking with the leaders of The Grey. You could keep yourself informed of the goings-on, and also keep yourself in shape, sparring wise, without drawing too much attention to yourself." She shrugged. She could only bring him to her leaders, ultimately it was their decision who would stay and who would go.

Her thoughts were broken as Tio spoke, We should keep moving, I smell Coyotes. She chuckled, nosing the wind slightly. And yes, their unmistakable canine odour was indeed on the breeze. It didn't surprise Phae that she hadn't noticed it before - she was a pegasus after all, such ground-bound creatures were no threat to her. With a shrug, she nodded indicating that they would continue. "Have you given any more thought as to what you will speak with the God's about? Or which God, for that matter?"

Loon

Actions "Speech" Thought

Tio did not stop walking this time as he answered her questions. Flicking his tail at her, he gave a sudden malicious smile. "Oh, I have an idea. Tell me about your leaders and what they are like. As for the gods, I seem to have three things to choose from for my first request. It's an interesting split-off." He turned his herad to look at her while he walked, a wind picking up his mane and tossing it about while his tail graced the canopy of the tall grass forest surrounding their knees.

"The first choice is power. Assuming the God of Spark answers me, I could request to regain my control over Gravity. This would definitely give me an advantage against the Pegasi living in the... Throat? Was that what you called it? With that, I could force their leader to the ground and beat her into the soil until she cried for nonexistant mercy. My rise to power there would be quick and decisive. Choice number two is companionship. My heart aches for it, surprisingly, and my mind is unbearably empty without my little rat friend speaking to me through thought. A quick rise to power would mean little if I didn't have someone close to me to share it with."

"Choice number three is a bit more conventional, but knowing that this war can not be won alone, I need to gain your favor, and the favor of the mercenaries that you are a part of. As such, I can tell that you, as a pegasi, are growing tired of walking. You were born to take to the sky, and I won't blame you if you say you want to leave me to stretch your wings. I have a solution, though. Since you told me the gods can also grant shape-shifting abilities, how would it be if I asked the God of Earth to give me the power to turn into a Raven, or some other form of bird? We could fly alongside each other, and I could give your companion some company of her own."

The two sooty equines were reaching the end of the meadow now, as Tio could see a mist rising over a line of stunted trees and wondered, almost aloud what that was. The grass was thinning out and becoming coarse and dry, and the ground was turning black. A red haze light the clouds faintly and an unnatural heat wafted towards them from whatever was ahead. "I do believe that I will choose the third request. IN so doing, I do hope to get closer to you in turn, perhaps we will get to know each other so well that... well, things might happen, if you know what I mean." He winked at her and then stopped to raise his head and look ahead, his ears pricked forwards. "What is that?"

501 words
OOC: End of Part 1, start again in Helovia's heart? I'll start "Thick as Thieves II" if you want to give one last post to this one to finish it up? :]