Thick as thieves. [Tio/Open]

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
[Image: 50bfc82451215]

PHAEDRA

There is a legend in the land where I came from. The legend of Cero

Phae listened with a polite interest as Tio told his tale. She was mildly surprised that he was willing to give up so much information. Initially, he had seemed quite guarded and manipulative to her. But then again, maybe this was all apart of his plan. Phae had never possessed much strength, or magic, and so was not able to fully understand what it must feel like for Tio to admit that he would never be as powerful. Still, loss was a feeling Phae understood well enough to sympathize with. Did they care that they were tearing so many families apart of their own selfish reasons? No. Tio continue. Phae nodded her head intently listening now. A similar thing had happened in Helovia. Not quite so drastic perhaps, but the God's did like to meddle in their affairs, making decisions that impacted their small mortal lives.

As he told of Cero's immortality and the loss of his loved ones, Phae shivered as the thought of loss washed over her. She had thought she had lost Tolio once, but was proven blissfully wrong. She couldn't imagine having a lifetime of memories with him, only to have him removed from her. Not that he was hers, or ever would be but…But she understood.

That doesn't mean that I think mares can't put up much of a fight. I know you're probably just as capable as any stud. However, let's be reasonable... stallions are stronger, and more capable fighters, than mares as a general rule. They battle every other day, against other stallions, protecting what they have. So they have more experience. Phae took no offence to his statements. She was no feminist, nor did she have any grand ideas about her capabilities. She trotted in front of him a few paces, and halted in his path. With her head raised high, and her hooves positioned strategically to emphasize her confirmation, she extended her large tawny wings fully, and raised them upright. Her tail raised slightly, allowed her sandy many to cascade outwards in a sea of ripples. She was taller than the average mare due to her andalusian heritage, yet her arabian features made her body slender and lithe. She was built for speed, and flight, leaving all of her muscles long and lean. Turning to him, the light from the meadow caught her eye, causing her green gaze to sparkle brilliantly. "Although I am capable of fighting, and have not lost a spar, my talents lay elsewhere…" To emphasize this, she billowed her large wings once, before returning them to her sooty flanks. She was a siren, a seductress, and a spy. Those were her real talents, and she was not ashamed of them, nor afraid to use them. "Although i'm sure that you're quite aware that muscle alone will not get you what you seek." Winking flirtatiously, she moved her body out of the path, to once again walk at his side.

"I assume you would speak with the God's of this land then? Of which there are only 4; siblings, actually. They play favourites, and are fickle when it comes to answering the plights of those who visit their shrines. I have heard there are members of each herd who are granted special audience with their herds' God, at certain times and in certain locations. You could ask for your magic back…? They would likely send you on a quest, as they did when I sought Stella."

She tilted her head inquisitively, her smooth green gaze washing over him. He seemed more organized that she had originally anticipated. Would his aspirations every see the light of day? There was great unease in Helovia…so many bands had formed…Her mind wandered to Leander, and his discussion with the Grey. Was he still intent on creating his own group? Or would he try and work things out with Kri, or maybe someone in the Foothills? Did Tio have his sight set on any particular land?

Join the waves in the ocean?
Or let my soul fade away, in the dark?
Cause I've gone astray,
& all my flowers turned to dandelions.

HP: 45.5

Messages In This Thread
Thick as thieves. [Tio/Open] - by Phaedra - 01-08-2013, 11:11 PM
RE: Thick as thieves. [Tio/Open] - by Catillatio - 01-09-2013, 01:43 PM
RE: Thick as thieves. [Tio/Open] - by Phaedra - 01-09-2013, 07:08 PM
RE: Thick as thieves. [Tio/Open] - by Catillatio - 01-09-2013, 08:50 PM
RE: Thick as thieves. [Tio/Open] - by Phaedra - 01-09-2013, 10:31 PM
RE: Thick as thieves. [Tio/Open] - by Catillatio - 01-10-2013, 12:02 AM