the Rift

wounded is the deer that leaps highest

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

Her Mauja. As if he had ever been hers, or ever would be. "Ah, how things have changed..." he sighed, settling easily by her side. It was a welcome feeling, so similar to how things had once been and yet, at the same time, so different. For a moment, she closed her eyes, allowed herself to pretend. For a moment, she saw the way things might have been, had she allowed it. She saw the Edge, a herd spread before her, before them. They loved Mauja, of course, and by extension, her. Perhaps they even liked her, in this dream-within-a-dream. Sno frolicked with the other foals, and was that another foal? Was her belly, perhaps, a tad too round, too taught? Something bloomed in her breast - was she... happy?

The moment passed, too quickly, and something fell away inside her. She looked at him with listless eyes, something akin to longing, regret, pain boiling over, running in tears - were they real or imagined? - falling into oblivion, for even as she stood on solid ground, she came to realize that she stood on nothing at all. She was everywhere and nowhere all at once, and she wondered if it was how Mauja felt now. She wondered if it was death. Was this her own personal hell, where she was doomed to forever relive her past, reminisce on what might have been?

Her tail swished lightly against her legs, and she was dimly aware that it must have touched him, too - it must have, musn't it, for they were so close together, too close... and if it had touched him, then would it not be their only contact in this dream world? Suddenly she longed to feel his touch, to feel anything at all; her skin felt alive with nerve endings, all taught, waiting, wanting some sensation, anything at all... but fear again held her back. Had her banner touched him at all? Or had it simply passed through him, like the ghost that he surely must be? If she were to reach for him, would she feel skin? Or would she, too, pass through him like so many memories, untouchable, unreachable?

She had so much to say, so much that she should have said before, and it jumbled in her mind, thoughts tumbling one over the other, none sticking long enough for her to form words. It was a waterfall, a thundering in her lobes, in her mind - which was it? Was it both? I miss you, she might have said. I'm sorry, formed briefly. Perhaps her thoughts were projected into the silence; perhaps they remained hers, destined to bubble to her tongue and die on her lips. So much to say, so much... Please come back to me...

[OOC | Up to your interpretation - I didn't want to define whether or not she really said anything, so if Mau hears her thoughts/whatever I'm totally okay with that. ^^]

""

Image Credit

[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Messages In This Thread
wounded is the deer that leaps highest - by Mauja - 01-09-2013, 08:53 AM
RE: wounded is the deer that leaps highest - by Psyche - 01-15-2013, 04:25 PM