the Rift

Swing low | Sun God
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

Gravedigger, when you dig my grave can you make it shallow? So that I can feel the rain..

[Using VoTG Pass from the Birthday Giveaway]

Never before had the warrior lived in a place where the veil between mortals and God's hung so low. He had heard in hushed tones, that the God's actually visited the creatures of Helovia; to impart gifts and wisdom, as well as punishments. It was shocking, and nearly incomprehensible to Gaucho's simple mind. What use could the God's possibly have, for creatures so infinitely small and dumb? Those were questions for a far greater mind, and Gaucho did not let himself linger.

One might find it odd to know that Gaucho was such a God-fearing creature, but really, it shouldn't surprise you. Religion often comes more easily to simple, unquestioning minds. Besides, if Gaucho could verbalize it, he would tell you that in any case, it was best to hedge your bets, and remain in the God's good graces, even if we are wrong about what it all means, in a cosmic sense. But of course, that's far too complicated for the warrior. All he knew, was that he ought to offer his allegiance and worship to the God of the lands he now called home.

His nose was still wounded from where the large draft, Arrrr-chee-balt had tried to rip the bone piercing his nose out entirely. While the blood had clotted and no longer flowed into his mouth, the bone hung limply, having been torn almost completely out. He would see to that after his duties here were complete - surely his pain meant nothing to a God, and proper worship and respect must necessarily come before his own physical ailments. As the bay entered the Veins, his wings folded by his sides, he cast a steely-grey gaze over the ruined shrines. Frowning, he became confused, wondering why they were in such a poor state. Had the inhabitants of Helovia grown so complacent with their frequent visits, that they shirked their responsibilities? Nearing the shrine covered with soot and ash, assuming it to be that of the Sun God, Gaucho spread his large feathered wings, and began to beat them swiftly, tilting them forward. The small gusts of wind he created did little to move the charred remains off of the shrine, but it did reveal some of the stone underneath. Grunting, Gaucho made a mental note to bring something to clean the shrine off with, upon his next visit.

Bending a knee, Gaucho knelt before the shrine, his body aching from his bought of sparring. He lowered himself until his antlers touched the stone, the feathers of his dream-catcher gently brushing the surface. Knowing no formal prayers, Gaucho simply conjured up images of his exploits in the Throat thus far: the numerous spars he had won and his constant conditioning to keep himself in the best physical shape he could, to best protect the herd; the new members he had brought home; his loyalty to Kri and My-dus, and of course the General's funeral. His lips moved soundlessly, as he prayed in his own simple way.

[Seeking an upgrade to his magic (amending the wish-list, as Gaucho wants magic pertaining to the God of the Throat :3
Fire :: When his blood is spilled in battle, the spirits called upon can be covered in flame, inflicting physical burns as well as mental chills/fear.]

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

The mind below was so simple that the Sun God could not bring himself to refuse it. The stallion, seemingly dumb as a post, screamed his desires in his mind; commanded himself to worship in a way that the God of the Sun found rare.

Perhaps it was the exhaustion felt by the god as of late, or perhaps it really was nothing more than gaucho’s blind worship. Whatever it may have been, the God of the Sun found himself put at ease. His usual temper was quelled, his fire subdued to no more than a flickering along the edges of his spine. When he appeared before the stallion it was with a gentle landing of his hooves against the earth.

Today he would be calm, he told himself. Even as the wind took hold of his mane and caused the petals in its strands to dance before his eyes, he bit his tongue. Before him was a true worshipper, and that sort of devotion was to be rewarded. He could sense the stallion of his herd was no conversationalist, so he began without hesitation using what he had gathered form the winged-one’s mind.

"Your request is an interesting one, Gaucho; and intriguing as well. Your desire that I improve upon the magic of my siblings is flattering, I appreciate your devotion," the god began with a sigh. "But not all wish to bask in my rays as you do. Go forth and teach five of my ways; bring back any you convert to the path of the sun.”

The smile upon the God’s lips was not one to trust. But Gaucho was simple-minded and surely would know no difference. And the God of the Sun was simply a vain being. He meant no trickery; that was his sister’s foolish game. With a nod, light surrounded the Pegasus stallion’s injuries and repaired the fouled skin. "Much better, yes? Now go, Stallion,” the Sun God said finally, ", go before I change my mind.”

But he wouldn’t change his mind. There was something so innocent about the raw love Gaucho felt. Even the God of the Sun could not be so cruel today.

[[Preach to five different non-sun-worshipping characters about the glory of the sun god; if you convert any, bring them back to the veins. Due to the nature of your upgrade, your magic will become a FirexTime hybrid when the quest is over.]]
CREDITS
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

Gravedigger, when you dig my grave can you make it shallow? So that I can feel the rain..

From his lowered position of worship, lost in the mental array of images he was sending into the Heavens, aiming them for the mind of the God who looked over his homeland, Gaucho almost failed to notice that the God of his worship, had arrived. Feeling a dull heal coming from before him, the bay raised his muzzle to spy a massive golden creature landing before him. Swiftly, Gaucho scuttled backwards in an incredibly awkward attempt to remain knelt out of respect, but to also distance himself from the God - also out of respect. Skinning his lower knee as he did so, he grunted in pain, but remain knelt.

As the God spoke, Gaucho's large ears twitched taking in the words; his steely gaze drilled into the ground as he forced himself to try and retain each meaning, but finding that the God's words were going by far too quickly. Fumbling, he pulled together the gist of what he believed the God was saying, and found the idea daunting. He could hardly follow the string of words the God himself was saying, how could such a primitive creature as he possibly preach and do justice to such a creature? Surely he would be struck down by a wave of fire, at his first attempt?

Onnnnneeeeee He thought at once. Surely the Shaman would be able to offer her assistance? She could…write him a speech? Maybe she could even accompany him?

As light enveloped his body, the bay snorted with apprehension, wondering if he was being punished at the thought of asking another for aid. Just as he was about to apologize, he felt a light airy feeling, of his wounds being knitted back together. Furrowing his brows, he exhaled sharply, as he noted that his shoulders and chest no longer felt tight, and his nose no longer torn. Raising his gaze hesitantly, unsure if he was allowed to look upon the face of the God or not, he opened his mouth to express his gratitude, fumbling for the words to do so. Before he could get a sound out, the God was demanding that he leave. Raising swiftly from his position without any sort of grace, Gaucho backed up a few paces, nodding rapidly. "Gaucho go. Gaucho do.." He offered, his voice low and rumbly, full of admiration.

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.