the Rift

Come Be Mine (Sandman)

Kanti Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The paint horse filly stumbled through the land leading to Helovia. She was tired, but her journey had not been in vain. Though her wounds had healed and were gone to the naked eye, their effects still played great wonders on her mind. She stumbled again, and her feet hit something different than she had felt in a while. Sand. She was on a beach, and she knew this was the Endless Blue. She hadn’t been her before, but she had talked about it, talking about joining someone here…who was it? Sand…man. Sandman. That was his name. She smiled. A smile of wickedness could and would never touch her pretty face. But there was something different about it. She trampled on the beach and made it to the water; letting the cool saltwater lick it’s way onto her hooves, then a little up her legs. It felt good, and it was the first feeling she had had in a while. Her thoughts were her own again, and that felt good as well. She slowly moved closer to the water, letting it get up to her knees. Soon she was almost fully in it. She lifted up her head to see, and stared at the Sun for a moment. It was warm it out. She must have missed the winter here, for she had been taken south, and it wasn’t cold there. She played in the water for a little while, letting it cool her skin. She suddenly was submersed by a large wave, and she swam around, letting her mane and face get wet. She was actually having fun. She got out after that, and shook herself. She was cool, and it loosened the aches in her muscles and bones. Kanti thought about what to do next, but was unsure. Next there were sand grains pulled onto her paint coat as she laid down, deciding to sunbath. Oh the joy of finally being free.

Sandman Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Sandman
I am easily make-believe, just dress me up in what you want me to be.

The ocean. The blue waters lulled him, singing quietly and temporarily washing away the memory of a deep bay mare. Chocolate eyes close as he listens to the siren song of the sea, the rhythmic crashing of waves soothing his torment. The sun is also a comfort, shining down and wrapping him in warmth, as is the soft sand beneath his hooves. For a moment, he pretends he is home, safe in the desert where he was born. Or maybe the desert land Guenhwyvar had claimed. He wonders what would have happened if he had stayed there, settling down as his best friend’s general. Would he miss the excitement of wandering, or would he be content? Have a mate, maybe even a foal or two? And Angel…

No. He jerked his thoughts back in line, banishing the tricky sylph from his mind. This shoreline was his sanctuary, the one place she wasn’t supposed to intrude upon. Eyes snap open again, and he angrily stalks along the beach, knowing that physical exercise will help clear his head. The familiar scent of brine floods his nose, chasing away the lingering memory of oak, maple, and rain. He does not want to remember, doesn’t love her. Or at least, that’s what he tells himself.

A welcome distraction comes into view, a golden mare resting in the sand. Something about her registers in his mind, something that says he has met the girl before. Soon after, the knowledge is there. She is Kanti, the bright little filly he had met in early Frostfall. An easy smile settles on his face as he approaches, confident that his presence will be gladly welcomed. “You stood me up,” he greets, humor evident on his features. “Not very nice of you.”

Unregistered
Words are like chocolate to some mares. There is nothing they can do to get away, and they want more and more until they can no longer be satisfied by the words of another stallion. This happened to the golden filly, for she was impressionable enough. She lifted her head and smiled at him. Oh how lovely he was, the chestnut stallion. Easy on the eyes, quick with soothing words. Mhm, she thought to herself. She’d love to have a baby with him. She stood up, keeping the beautiful smile on her face.
“I’m sorry to keep you waiting Sandman.” She fluttered her eyelashes, getting into a flirting mood. “I apparently had more important things to do. Would you like to hear what happened on my vacation? I’ll warn you, it’s not pleasant.”

Unregistered

Sandman

Was the girl flirting with him? Smiles and sugared words had not been what the chestnut had expected, but they were appreciated. It was easier to play with the ones who all but threw themselves at him. Though her apparent vacation intrigued him. Perhaps it would explain why she was acting subtly different than before. More...grown up, somehow. Less innocent. A shame, for her cheerful attitude had been a nice reprieve from some of the more difficult mares he had been wooing, but not necessarily a negative thing. And if nothing else, the story would be a way to waste some time. “I’d be honored to hear your tale, if you are willing to tell it.” He allows a hint of amusement to enter his tone when he speaks again, keeping his words from being accusing. “It must have been a rather important adventure, to keep you away so long. I was beginning to think you didn't like me.”

Unregistered
An excited giggle escaped from the paint filly. This wonderful moment had finally come to her, and she would keep him there, intrigued by her words. She wanted his eyes on her, and maybe something more. But that was to be of later. She knew that well enough
“Sandman, how silly you are. Of course I like you.” She smiled at him, looking at his features again. The same thoughts passed through her head again, but she pushed them away like before. “Now, how should I begin my tale?” She thought, thinking of where would be a good place for her to start.
“I should just start where you and I left off. After we last met, I wandered through the woods, the woods of the Deep Forest. I was there for a while; I’m not sure how long. I guess I wondered too far, for a found a group of…” She paused, uncertain what to call them. Rapists? Thieves? Slave Traders? “I found a large group of stallions. They overcame me, and dragged me with them to a large camp outside of Helovia. They were all stallions. They ran a slave trading business…” She stopped, not wanting to remember the tortures she faced. She felt her body hurt where the pain had been inflected, remembered the kicks and biting of her “masters”. “I finally escaped, and found my way back here.” That was enough for now, and she was afraid if she went on she would start crying. She definitely didn’t want to do that in front of Sandman. She was strong, and she had made it through all by herself. She would show him that.

Unregistered

Sandman

"Of course I like you." A slight smirk is his only answer to her words. Of course she did. After all, he was her golden knight, the prince charming of her fairytale. For once, his role was created by her, the silly girl fitting him into her life after a few words and looks. It had been almost too easy, manipulating this one. All it had taken was a smile and some compliments, and she was his. A rather devoted little thing, like a dog, and pretty enough. Rather chatty, but he supposed that was something he could tolerate, at least for a few more days.

His tail swishes lazily as she begins her story, planning to appear politely interested in whatever excuse she provides for her disappearance. What he doesn't expect, is the tale of kidnap and abuse. Anger began to build in his massive frame, though it is not a righteous anger over the thought of her well-being, but rather rage that someone would dare take something he considered to be his. His toy, stolen away and played with by others. A snort escaped him, and he pawed the ground in irritation. An infraction like this never would have happened back in Cedar, or any of the places before. Here, he had been lax, content to fade into the background rather than become a prominent figure that was feared and respected.

It was her fault. That damned Angel, having the nerve to vanish and leave him in a useless fit of depression, causing him to brood and moan like a lovestruck colt. Guen too, though he holds his old friend less responsible than the bay mare. Guen had had good reasons for staying behind, having taken leadership over a small herd, and the black had made it clear that Sandman could return whenever he wished. Still, it was disconcerting, not having the one constant thing in his life anymore. Losing his best friend had affected him deeply, and as he thought about it, the chestnut decided that his former companion was just as much to blame for his current state as the mare had been. Perhaps he would find his way back to Cedar and give Guenhwyvar a good kick or two.

Later though. For now, Kanti should be the focus of his attention, and so he forces a look of concern on his face. "Are you alright, dear Kanti? Would you like me to hunt them down for you? Just say the word, and I will drag their bodies back and lay them at your hooves." Over the top, but she had seemed to enjoy such performances during their first encounter. After all, what mare didn't want a strong, faithful stallion who would obey their every whim?