the Rift

a day at the beach. [open]

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!
HOTOTO</style>
   HE WHO IS BRAVE IS FREE.</style>

Bear follows me quietly as I trot forward. We had escaped from mother's side again early this morning, but she has not been as alarmed when I disappear from her sight as she had been earlier this season. I am not sure, but I think she can somehow talk to Bear in a way that I cannot. We understand each other fairly well, thick as thieves and just as mischevious. The large mammal has been my only playmate, aside from Cera who I had become friends with recently. Because of this, Bear and I had spent many many months together, playing about in Helovia as if it were our own kingdom. Mother, however, always seemed able to find me. This instilled in me a false confidence I should not have, likely. I feel as though there is no danger in Helovia, though mother has warned me otherwise.

As long as she can find me, I am safe. No one is stronger or better than mother.

We have traveled far today, normally kept inside the confines of the Deep Forest, but we are on the opposite end of his vast land. As I cross the top of one hill, my bronze hooves meet with sand that sinks below my hooves, seeming to eat them. The sand of the desert had a thick layer of rock and clay underneath the thin dusting of sand, but this sand seemed endless, continuing on forever, and it is only by some miracle that my hooves stop disappearing underneath the grains of silver. Bear seems almost equally as alarmed, grunting several times and taking large, huffing breaths at the ground. "I have never seen any place like this, Bear," I say, whispering toward his ear on the ground before taking exaggeratedly large steps upward, tugging my legs loose and walking down the hill toward the beach, only to stop short of where the waves eat the land.

Staring outward across the horizon, the only thing I can see for miles is blue. The blue of the sea meets with one thin silver line to the blue of the sky, and I stand like an ant amidst it all. Mouth agape, eyes wide, Bear and I stand together on the beach, looking out at the open carpet of the world. "Wow," I manage finally, extending a dual-toned wing to fold around Bear and hug him tight in a companionable embrace.
""

Stock Providers: Horse, Wings, and Background.

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

Nail my soul to the middle of a cross that fills this hole
I never understood the Written Word</style>

There was more comfort in allowing Hototo to wander off on his own now that her link to Eytan had been restored and she could now request glimpses of where her companion and her son were. Hototo had slipped away from her early in the morning while she still slept to go off and explore Helovia. She could not hold it against him, she remembered when she was a foal and wanted to explore. Her nearly crippled legs had kept her from doing a lot of what Hototo was able to now, and so she would not stop him, but she would keep an eye on him as he seemed to ignore her warnings that the world was filled with danger.

The flashes of color she received from Eytan, all mixtures of blue and sandy brown, told Ktulu exactly where she would find them. The Endless Blue was a place she purposely avoided as it reminded her too much of the Tides. While she had been too young to have any real connection to her once home there were a mass of bittersweet memories that assaulted her.

The dark mare smiled as her hooves sunk into the sand and her eyes landed on her son and her bear. "This place is called the Endless Blue." She said as she moved to stand beside Hototo. "It's an ocean. I once lived in a place that looked just like this." She looked down at her son before lowering her head to nuzzle his forehead.

"Why don't you go play in the water?" She suggested. "It won't hurt you."

Credits

Icon by Tay

Kimber Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 4 (Ages in Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Kaiden :: Common Kitsune :: Electric Kachie
Water fountained up from beneath pounding hooves, small plumes from the tossing surf. There was a simple joy in the movements of the young mare as she trotted through the foam and water, occasionally leaving an imprint behind on the hard sand for just a moment before the waves scoured them away. She had no memories of far away shores to darken her enjoyment, and sheer confidence lent itself to allowing her to possess no fear whatsoever of what lay beyond the breakers.

Blue eyes gazed ahead, ever forward, until she spotted a pair of figures ahead. One immensely familiar, especially in this setting, and the other suggestive on another she knew. Ears angled toward mare and foal, pace never slowing as she decided whether or not to say hello. It was a moment's decision, and then she was altering her path across the beach, but not quite leaving the water behind her. From the surf sprung the form of a fox, formed entirely of the water of the ocean, a tendril of seaweed floated and swirled within its body.

Merrily the young grulla's voice rang out over the muted roar of the sea in greeting. "Ktulu! Hello! It has been a while since I saw you last!" A grin crossed her features as she came to a stop a few feet away, water dripping from legs and tail while her watery pet frolicked between her legs. "And who is this? He reminds me of Israfel, my little sister by the Sun God." Her head dipped down toward Hototo with a friendly smile. "Hello there. I'm Kimber, and I knew your mother back when we were both your age!"

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

Midas is near. Midas is near. He’s not going to come.

This was a mantra that filled the flighty colt’s mind as he ventured out towards the beaches. Midas had promised him a swim, but he hated going anywhere without him being in sight. Every creak and noise around him made him jump. Ilaria huffed as she slept between his shoulder blades, flicking his neck gently with her tail in her slumber. Calmed slightly by the presence she gave off, he swallowed a little nervously and continued on. The sun rose high, lighting everything the trees didn’t protect with their shadows. The beach was near, he could smell the salt clearly. Call of the gulls, brush of the wind over the expanse of sand. Beating of the tide as it slapped the shore. Cera would only be comfortable when he could see completely around him, as he could in the desert. Being in forests was nearly too much for him, but Midas had been working with him thoroughly. Fear was something he had to overcome, and he understood that now. But a secret fear was lodged in his chest, that he would not be the same for at least a season. Hoping that someday he would be able to adventure again, to feel the innocence and obliviousness that was held under the thin but sturdy cover of his fear.

Tree line broke away and fading foliage submitted to the dominance of the sand. It was so different from the Throat, and Cera pawed at it awkwardly for a few moments. It was so soft, so loose compared to the clay and red sand in his home. Nevertheless, he thrived on bravery and childish exploration. Leaping out onto the soft whiteness of it, giggling almost nervously. As if afraid to feel happy again. Disgruntled, Ilaria finally stirred and clicked at him a few times. Looking around she sent a ‘?’ to Cera, confused by where they were. In return he sent back her the comfort she needed, and the images of the last time he’d played in the Oasis. When he’d met Note. When he’d bonded with her. Ilaria purred happily and scurried up to lay flat on her belly between his ears, little paws hanging tightly to his forelock. It was quite a sight, but he didn’t mind. She was merely a big fluffy ball after all, and he could carry her weight easily. Feeling much more comfortable once he was free of the oppression of the trees, Cera at last glanced around.

Immediately he recognized two forms, the dark lithe one of Ktulu and the strong stocky one of Hototo. A third stood between them, one he did not know. Yet he only focused on the latter of the known duo, ears pricking and excitement filling him. For a few precious moments, fear was forgotten. Trumpeting happily he went running off down the beach, Ilaria moving with him easily even if she grumbled a bit, still sleepy. Long, thin pillars had him bounding down the beach towards the water, eyes bright and cheerful. ”Toto~!” Wings that had finally turned back to their light bittern pattern spread and only increased his speed and lift as he angled himself towards Hototo. Smile brightening his face into the beam it normally wore. Scar forgotten as he barreled towards the awkward colt he loved so dearly. Cera had so much love to give, and Hototo was the absolutely perfect candidate. Cera adored him, and meeting him on such a random day was like a present to his mind. And Hototo hadn’t met Ilaria either! Legs slammed down when he was close enough, though not soon enough. He had slowed considerably in a rodeo type style, but he still fumbled and tripped comically in order to not bash into the larger colt.

Popping back up into a vertical pose he danced in circles around Hototo, Ilaria peering at the other colt and the bear curiously. ”Hototo~! Hello!” Oblivious to all others as he finally landed in front of the other foal, face to face. Long stick legs planted in a wide, purposefully funny pose. Bumping their noses together playfully, reaching out a wing to brush the other’s shoulder. Pressing soft muzzle to cheek directly after, more in loving greeting than play this time. ”Are you here to swim? I am!” Dancing away and diagonal, towards the sea and turning so that his side was to Hototo. Head remained turned in order to maintain eye contact, Ilaria blinking big dark eyes at the colt her bonded had such an interest in. The love practically dripping off him made her confused, so Cera happily sent her images of his first flight lesson. How he’d quickly bonded with Hototo, whether he was willing or not the he’d seemed to be. The brother he’d never had.
Image by Alex
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>

Fear never kept my lad in the slums for long, he yearned to free again. Exploring the mountains and running with babbling streams. So I came up with an idea and suggested we visit a new shore, one with warm water and plentiful amusements for even the most active of minds. It would give me time to think. Time to plot. My mind shifted toward darker thoughts that with each passing day began to cloud mind more and more.

Still…my son lingered close by, never drawing to far from view. I purposely walked slower than normal so that he might get bored and venture forward without being stuck to hip. A smile of assurance that I was close and watching soon rid terror long enough for cherub to skip away through the thicket.

A pair of wary eyes from above watched as he went. I sent Fina a feeling of gratitude and received indifference. She really wasn’t one to warm up easily….

The ocean was close; salty air caked the back of throat and muffled other scents that might have otherwise clued me in on what lay beyond palm trees. Pushing through the final line of foliage I caught sight of a pleasing scene. Cera dashed across the sand, darting toward…lady Ktulu. My heart clinched, not painfully but with restrained thrill. I smiled and saw her young babe close at hand, as well as a friendly mare that seemed to be starting conversation.

Just like that. My shadowing thoughts fled the scene, promising to return when mind was left alone. For now, concentration fell upon quickening step and lifting head to a more dignified position. Quietly I approached, my footfalls muffled and sinking with each step, “Good day, ladies.” Though my intention was to greet both on neutral terms; It was impossible to not purposely linger on my temptress, her coat shimmering, freshly shed of all winter fluff. Skin was aglow with light and hinting upon an even brighter hue when mixed with water, “Lady Ktulu you are looking absolutely stunning as usual….but if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to join the children.” With a wink and nod, I was off to water’s edge.

Picking up speed when sand turned more stable I darted past the still contemplating foals, my efforts were rewarded with a fairly decent splash that followed in wake. A sly grin slithered across my face, did I get them wet? Cera and I rarely got the chance to play, so this felt like a perfect moment. Pushing into a half rear I jerked one forelimb out of the sea enough to send a well-aimed shot of salt water in their general direction with high hopes upon making contact.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

Frost Fyre
You Can Never be Too Young

I kept my head high as I cantered along the shore. Traveling Helovia was what I had been doing for the past week or so now. Although young I was a deep thinker and an adventurer. I wanted to meet new horses. Make new friends. And the beach was the perfect place.

And there was a big group just ahead. I raced to join them, smiling happily. Although they were all strangers, I still smiled, my words laced with respect. "Hello there!" I whinny, scanning the horses. A grulla mare, a hybrid colt, and a black mare, a black paint stallion, and a buckskin paint colt. The three boys had wings, and the black mare had a horn like me. The other mare, the grulla was an equine. But that other boy, the hybrid. He interested me. I glance at the horses, a smile still spread across my lips.

I watched as the black and white stallion splashed water towards everyone. With a little whinny I shrink back, trying to avoid getting wet. Once done I smile, playfully dashing towards the waters' edge. The cold salt water lapped at my cloven hooves, and I stared down into it. Then I set my glittering emerald gems on the black and white stallion. "Hello sir! I'm Frost, what's your name?" My words are kind, and filled with joy. I was happy, letting the sun beat down on my back.

I wanted to know every horse here, since they would all hopefully be open to me joining in on their 'fun'. I splashed around in the water, my lion tail making the water ripple. I sifted my cloven hooves through the sand as I stood there, admiring the beautiful sunny day and the warmth. My little lips retained their smile, and joy wrapped itself around my heart as I stared at the others. Were they alright with me joining them, or would they leave immediatly?

[[Just felt like joining if that's alright. :P]]

"Chatting with others."
Thinking up her moves
Putting her moves to work

Hidden Account
Boom Boom!
HOTOTO</style>

Mother had found me, but I was not surprised. I heard footsteps behind me, and glance back sheepishly to see her face, welcoming it with a warm, excited smile. Bear likely already knew who it was, not even stopping to turn and face her, but I wait for her to join me on the beach. Now a trio standing side by side on the beach, mother begins to tell me of this place. The Endless Blue was an apt title, considering the only sight I had for miles was the ocean and the sky reflected upon it. Two long distance mirrors of blue, racing each other to the horizon. I smile. A warm muzzle comes to touch my head, and I lean into the small embrace, finding that I was never ashamed to be seen so close to my mother. Some colts would likely be embarrassed by such an affectionate show, but I cared little. Mother was most important, and that would never change.

"You lived in a place like this?" I remember her words I had missed while staring at the blue, looking up with wide, two-toned eyes, a smile following my words. I was lucky to learn things about mother's life, as she was rarely one to share her past with me. Each thing I discovered was a solved mystery, and something I felt accomplished in earning. She speaks of the water, and I look at it with suspect, the waves crawling up the sand and rolling it around, tugging it back into a sea of blue. Was it really safe? Would it not drag me along too, out into the ocean? I had never learned how to swim. Mother was here, though, so perhaps it was okay. She would surely protect- who was this?

Instantly I shrug back, shrinking so close to my mother it would be almost impossible to tell us apart if not for the drastic changes in color. I peek out from behind mother's chest, my horn sticking out much further than my two toned eyes, sending curious glances back toward Bear. The small little animal made of water was surprising enough, but the familiar tone taken with my mother was something even more surprising. Who was this mare? How did she know my mother? I frown, frightened of her flamboyant personality, but more afraid she would talk to me. Of course, soon after her greeting, her eyes fall upon my body, and my head darts back behind my mother. Wide eyed and scared, I look at Bear, who almost seems to mock me with a calm expression. I pretend not to hear the mare as she speaks to me, my eyes finding the blue sky instead of her face. I did not care that she had met mother when she was young - I was scared.

It is around that time I am saved. A familiar voice rings in the air and I turn my head excitedly to see the advancing figure of Cera. I smile warmly, releasing Bear from my wing as I turn sharply, the mammal moving along with me, I trot a few paces away from the adults only to have to stop, Cera moving rapidly around my figure as I toss my head this way and that to keep up with him. "Cera," I say warmly, finally being able to still my head as the smaller colt stops in front of me. I notice the small mammal following him, which I look at momentarily with an ounce of confusion before deciding Cera had found a companion like mother had found Bear. "Where is Midas?" I ask, looking up over the hill and not seeing his figure yet. It was only a few moments before the stallion pokes through, and I smile. "Hello, Midas!" I call over the hill, turning back toward my friend - that's right, I have a friend. I smile once more, relieved to not be stuck with mother and this weird mare named Kimber.

Cera made touch and movement seem normal, full of energy, eyes of bloody earth following him as he darted one way and another, finally setting his pace toward the water. For a moment, I watch him slack-jawed as he takes off for the waves I was too scared to enter. Then, I look at Bear who looks at me looking at him, and we barrel off after the smaller colt almost simultaneously. "Charge!" I splash into the water with a shock, halting almost immediately after entering to absorb the sensation. It is cool, yet not cold. It is not firm, but moves my body if I do not tense my muscles. Perplexed, I drop my nose and huff, accidentally taking in a few droplets of water and snorting in surprise, finding the salty water stings my nostrils. I laugh a little after, at myself, but mostly from the discovery of water. I had drank it, bathed in it, but never such a large body that smelled of salty tears.

Midas had some how beat me to the waves, and his splash resounds in my ears before slapping against my sides. I glance up, smiling at the stallion warmly before sending a splash in Cera's direction with a kick of my hooves. I suppose I had missed the appearance of the filly, but I noticed her now, my eyes growing large once more before I swallow my hesitancy. She obviously just wanted to play, and I was in no position to deny her such a thing. I was not the master of this ocean, after all. An awkward smile on my lips, I dance about in the water, leaving splashes in my wake.
""

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The white, scaled belly of the serpent rolled and slid across the sandy surface of the ocean's floor. Though often the young sea-snake slept late, today she was awakened by the faint sounds of neighing skipping across the surface of the water. As her slit eyes opened to greet the day, she found herself engulfed in light. She was no typical creature of the depths which lay smoldering in the shadows of an undersea cave. Enyo the good natured sea serpent loved life and light and summer days.

And above all, she loved the littler creatures in life. She loved the pufferfish that tickled her soft scaled and the bottom feeders that cleaned the spaces between her gills with glee, as if it was their sole purpose in life; the one thing that fulfilled them. And she loved the equine creatures that roamed the earth above and swam in their own graceful way through the sky. She could leapt to join them and slide along the bed of sand, but she could only do so much. She was a part of an entirely different world- a casual observer and nothing more.

But on some days, when she would wake and hear the innocent calls of young colts and fillies along the bank of her new ocean (much brighter than the one in which she was born, the one which had been lost to the shadows,) she would carry her lithe form upwards and break the surface of the waves. But as she began to stir, and as shifting sheets of sand lifted themselves from the floor beneath her, something caught her eye.

Mere feet away, hidden in a bed of reeds, there was a flash of gold. Enyo's tongue flicked from her lips, sliding first across her massive fangs and then reaching upwards to trace the inner curve of her nostrils. The fish which struggled to clean every inch of her black spines and back worked tirelessly, clinging tightly to her scales as she swam closer to the glimpse of brilliance. She drew closer, only to find the gold alive.

It wriggled and began to swim upwards, disturbing the sand and beds of reeds on the ocean floor. With an excited snap of her tail, the serpent chased the little fish as it swam faster and faster up to the surface of the water. First there was a small splash- the lithe form of the gold fish, no larger than a hoof, breaking the surface of the waves. Mere seconds later, Enyo's onyx body, underlined in the purest of whites, flashed high in the air. The growing serpent of thirty feet rose and in one gracefully awkward movement, fell back upon the water with a massive splash. Water flooded the shore and the serpent followed its path, searching intently with white irises and slit pupils for the object of her attentions.

The fish upon her scales fell in dramatic motions and hit the water, but she noticed them not. Between the hooves of equid creatures, the gold fish scurried, traversing the land in slow, painful jitters. Enyo dove upon the earth, inhaling the water which rested in her complex set of lungs, and in one swift motion, caught the fish between her teeth.

Proud like a child, she lifted her elegantly youthful head and chuckled as the gold fish flapped against her lips. But how rude of her! On the shore, so many curious creatures! With a grin and another careful snap of her jaws to secure the fish, she spoke.

" Gud mrnng! " she called down to the figures on the shore, her mouth full of fish and her words muffled by its shape. Imposing as she may have seemed, she wore the silliest grin a serpent ever had worn.

regularjane | Quote: Thomas Moore
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>

It was a perfect day, and the children seemed happy to be part of it. I was thankful, Cera smiled and everything almost seemed normal. Hototo made my little boy feel at least partly whole, and for that I felt a special closeness to my Earth singer friend. Especially since his father was often busy with duties that involved almighty works of wonder. Though I would never proclaim to take the place of a heavenly deity; but I often felt like my family consisted of two sons and of course…Ktulu. Another little filly joins our group, I turn with a bright smile cresting the corners of my face. For once I actually didn’t fake the smile, “Hello, Frost…. you can call me Midas.” It was then that I saw something out of the ordinary flicker in my hindsight. A slick black frame gliding from the ocean, I pause thinking for a moment that it must be a whale breaching. No, this was much longer than a whale…..awestruck by the beast’s size this body feels frozen in place until the creature splashes back down. Instantly the trance is broken and a rushing that mothering hen feeling parents get comes in full force.

“Get out of the water! Now!” A Generals voice bellowed, offering no room for quarrel, question or quarter.

I push through the surf to stand between them and the momentarily submerged beast. Thoughts that perhaps it was only hunting for sea life and would swim off, was quickly set aside when gaze catches the faintest sight of scales slipping over waves. This monster was heading straight for us. Caught between a helpless fear of this unknown threat, and being unable to protect Cera yet again, my wet wings emerge from the water. Dripping and rendering flight not only difficult by nearly useless.

There was scarcely time to call on my magic before the snake like creature lands upon the beach with a mouthful of fish dangling from jaws. Charging from the ocean my steps fall between the mares and foals, mouth very nearly snarling and the collar around my neck itching to spread for protection. Before I could say anything further, "Gud mrnng!” I pause. Yet again taken by surprise, by now jaws gave slack but the protective viciousness they held a moment ago has slightly waned. It. Just. Talked. Fina felt my discomfort and came blazing in with a screech, she had flown off to hunt. Her talons are across my poll, tightening and voice hissing with intention to threat.

Carefully I find words and call back, “Good…good morning to you as well…..” hints of a shake could be noted in my tone, so I go to great lengths to remove it before speaking again, “I’m afraid you caught us by surprise….” Vocals trailed off, I was currently very unsure of what to say to the sea god.

OOC: I waited for the 48 hours for both people and according to Alex I'm supposed to be postings. SO here it is, sorry its crap....I might have posted this around 11:30 pm X'D

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

A warm smile greeted him as he went rocketing off down the sand. The discomfort on his brother's face was disconcerting but it seemed to flee the moment his name was uttered. It felt nice to forget, to simply bask in the joy he always felt around Hototo. The scar on his chest didn't feel as heavy, and he nearly forgot it completely. Ilaria was overjoyed to see her bonded in such a state, warming up quickly to the other colt if only because he made her precious Cera happy. Of course Cera wasn't surprised when Hototo asked where Midas was, turning towards the treeline with his mouth beginning to form words to explain. It was not necessary for his father appeared moments after, Hototo crying out a greeting to him. Cera beamed at his father, relishing in the freedom he was experiencing. Perhaps this trip really was for the best. All inhibitions were cast away as he went running off towards the water, boundless energy the driving force behind his heels. Hototo's cry made him squeal with laughter as he launched himself through the water in a spray of white and blue. Emerald irises sparkling with encouragement as Hototo got used to the water and eventually started playing on his own. Though it seemed neither of them expected to be splashed by Midas, Cera giving off a surprised yelp that bubbled into a laugh. Hototo kicked water up at him and Ilaria curled up between his wings uncomfortably. Cera laughed and reared up to box his legs out at Hototo playfully, landing and swiping his wing through the water to splash his father and the other colt at the same time.

The arrival of the filly surprised him and his eyes went to her horn, immediately clamming up. Sidling over to stand by Hototo uncomfortably, though he knew the girl meant no harm. Swallowing hard to himself as she started playing with them, he smiled at her. "Hi! I'm Cera!" Even if he introduced himself kindly, he stuck right next to Hototo the entire time, more comfortable with the other colt than anyone else in the crowd aside Midas. The movement in the water went unnoticed by him, though Ilaria was more than aware and tugged anxiously at his mane. Distracted, he didn't focus fast enough to realize what she was making such a fuss about. When Midas bellowed at them to move, only then did he fear. Panicking once his eyes caught sight of the shape beneath the water, and by his father's tone, Cera whinnied and pushed Hototo towards shore quickly. Stumbling after him, though instinct told him to flee without the other colt. Once he stood on shore he hung his wings around him like a barrier, wet and useless from their play, large green eyes staring at the creature that surfaced with a crash. Midas moving between them was a motion he found both distressing and comforting, only adding to his sudden mounting of stress. Cera watched as the serpent spoke, legs trembling a little. He normally would have gone to hide with Hototo, likely against him, but didn't know if the colt wanted to be near Ktulu instead. So Cera hung awkwardly between everybody, drenched and staring up at the sea monster uncertainly as Midas conversed with it almost easily, saying nothing but managing an uneasy smile.
Image by Alex
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Hidden Account
Boom Boom!
HOTOTO</style>

Splashes blinded my vision from any movement that was unexpected in the waves, and I am simply caught up in the brilliance of play. I admire Cera's initiative to address the young filly, for I am not of the sort to extend the same courtesy. I am far less brave than Cera, though his shoulders are thinner than mine yet, and I tower over him in our comparative size. Still, he has grown far beyond me. He has an admirable father, a companion like Mother, and a warm heart which he shares with ease. Were I a creature who gave into jealousy easily, there would be no doubt that my friend would cause the green emotion to rise within me. Instead, I am just awed by his gentle nature and pure heart.

How I wish I could be like him.

My distraction is ended by a sharp bark from Midas, and it is then that I see the wake in the water. I stand dumbfounded for a moment, until Cera cries and nudges me, my own body turning to view him slowly before my legs scramble underneath me. I stay behind the colt as much as possible, trying to guard his thin figure with my own, keeping dual colored eyes on the filly to make sure she makes it out of the ocean as well. We spill onto the beach, and I cling next to Cera, my body aiming to press against his for comfort even as I glance over his head for mother. My sodden wings hang limply at my sides, for they will be of no use for escaping today.

It is then the massive creature rises from the depths, a fish hanging from its mouth. My face is one of pure horror. Mouth agape, eyes wide, ears perks at awkward angles, and I almost forget to breathe I am so stupified. I almost yell to Midas to tell him to move, but that is slammed shut in my throat as the creature issues a gentle greeting.

If it were possible, my face grows even more surprised.

"....Midas?" I ask, looking for his golden eyes. "Who is that?"
""

Helovian Ancient

All at once, so many of them were speaking to her! Behind her, still in the water, the broad fin of her tail brushed back and forth through the slow ocean current and sent ripples towards the shore. She slithered comfortable forward on her belly, extending her tongue from the side of her mouth to carefully trace the outline of her slit nostril. Her teeth still held the fish delicately, taking care not to crush it or let it slide down her own throat. Still, though, she wished to talk without such a hindrance...

Quickly, she snapped her neck upwards and launched the gold fish in the air and let it fall- delicately, she lowered her head to rest above it and the sand, so that she held it in place with the firm outline of her jaw.

" I'm sorry if I scared you, " she said brightly, now free to open her mouth completely. " You birdy-horses are just my favorite creatures, you see. It has been quite some time since I have seen your kind on the shore, " she added with a slight frown as she remembered her beloved Islands in anarore. Her slit eyes looked about from one to the other; her tongue, long and gray, flicked outwards in a habit, and her white, oversized fangs made her look goofy as she rested before them. " It is simply wonderful to meet you all! I am Enyo, " she babbled, her nostrils flaring as she inhaled the water resting in the glands along her neck. " You have been so kind to me, just by being here. It is lonely at the bottom of the sea. Would you take care of this for me, birdy? " she asked with care, turning her gaze to Midas. She arched her neck to place the fish before her nose, and carefully she pushed it across the sand. The particles tickled her nostrils, and she deftly licked them clean in a speedy motion. " I find that things are sometimes safest in my belly. Maybe you should eat it, " she suggested smoothly, as if it were a perfectly normal thing for all creatures to do. With her lips perpetually upturned, she nodded to the eldest and lifted her head to level with his own, despite the massive difference in size.

[[Was trying to wait and see if others would post, but it appears not! Sorry for the wait.]]

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
 MIDAS</style>

I was aware that everyone was behind my dripping flanks and safe for now, though I didn’t dare move from the position I stood to check upon their well-being. Hototo calls my name, asking who it was that had nearly seized my heart from chest merely moments ago. Not daring to turn his way to answer, out of concern that that beast might suddenly drop its kind act I instead whisper in a hushed voice, “A sea god.” My rearing hadn’t been filled with stories of the ocean, despite the fact that I lived near it; was raised in it. Never before had I seen a dragon like creature such as this.

Swallowing a mouthful of salty air, I realize that unfortunately my tongue has gone completely dry. Sealed lips remain tightly patched together when the serpent gracefully flings aside to make speaking easier. "I'm sorry if I scared you," Scared. Was I truly afraid of this creature? To not harbor some amount of respect and wariness was natural, even correct. No it wasn’t the serpent I feared, it was the terror of failure. Being unable to protect those I cared for most. The mighty beast took on an appearance that made her seem almost docile, my nerves slowly waned as a result; though instinctively I aired on a side of caution. There was too much magic in this world for one to lay down their guard completely.
“I am Enyo.”

“Enyo,” I repeat with revered note, “You’re unlike anything I have ever witnessed. I am called Midas—and these are my son’s, Cera and Hototo.”

My lips part into a smile that came more easily than I expected, perhaps this meeting wasn’t going to lead to a death match that involved me getting my flank chewed on. Suddenly the conversation somehow turned toward her golden bellied fish that had been carried to shore.

“Would you take care of this for me, birdy?”

Eyes drop to the sealife she pushed toward me, and then back up to the pale orbs that now watched me with brimming intent.

“Maybe you should eat it," She wanted me to eat the fish….for safekeeping? I swallowed the remaining saliva in my mouth and cast my eyes back down to the scaled prey between us. “It is dishonoring of me ….but I fear that my stomach has no tolerance for meat. I can however-- keep watch over it if that is what you desire.” The spools of my magic curl around the slimy thing, lifting it a few inches from the ground in demonstration.

Helovian Ancient

Perhaps it was all the talk of bellies and tasty fish. No matter, Enyo realized very quickly that she was incredibly hungry. The silly birdy-horse was more content to keep the fish steady with his magic, but Enyo supposed that it was up to him how to take care of it. She wasn't one to judge the odd habits of the birdy-horses, she thought with a tilted head and a flick of her tongue to scrape the inside of her nostril.

Her head leaned back as her body slithered backwards and returned to the water. " I had best be going, Midas-birdy! It was nice to meet you all, " she says with an impatient tremolo and a giddy burble. He white eyes settle briefly upon the younger birds and the one on fire before she turns away from them all. Such silly little creatures the birdy-horses are. He fin slaps the water and creates a beautiful spray of white, and with a hoisting of her massive figure, she flips backwards into the sea. She leaves them alone on the shore, accompanied only by the strange, golden fish.

But as magic mixes with magic, it becomes quickly clear that the fish is not just any fish. The spindles of his sand that wrap around the fish turn to gold at its touch, until the fish fades into the sand itself. The gold blows back towards Midas, carried by sea wind, and strikes him squarely in the chest. The force is surprisingly powerful; it is undoubtedly one sourced by magic.

All around Midas, the sand turns to gold for an instant. Sea grasses stiffen and take on a new shine as metal transforms them from the inside out. And then, in a blink of an eye, everything is restored. New magic rests within the stallion on this bright day by the sea.

[[Congratulations! Midas has been granted the passive magic to touch inanimate objects and turn them into gold at will. In the interest of finishing this much delayed giveaway, I went ahead and skipped the others here.]]

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
 MIDAS</style>

She had arrived rather suddenly, and was now springing from the earth in a similar fashion. “I had best be going, Midas-birdy! It was nice to meet you all.” For a sea dragon, the girl was rather pleasant—something about her way of saying, ‘birdy’, made me smile. “Goodbye Enyo…” I didn’t ask what I was supposed to do with her metallic seafood, nor did she give any further instruction before disappearing into the deep sea with a mighty splash of her tail.

I didn’t notice as my spools of sand began to slowly consume the fish, turning to gold as if it was absorbing the flesh and taking on its abilities. I didn’t notice this at first because my attention was still upon the waves, as if expecting the polite sea god to emerge again. When eyes flickered back with a question already beginning to form upon my lips as to what to do with what Enyo left—a quiet gasp emerged instead. By now the fish had disappeared, and my magic faded….. yet the painted sand began to move on its own. A strong wind carried the granules across my breast, thrusting against my flesh with enough strength to push me back a few steps.

Hooves sank deeper into the loose soil below, bracing against the sudden force. Just like the dragon, what came quickly also ended quickly. After a moment the blast ended, leaving me feeling a little out a breath but…gloriously filled somehow. As if the fish had entered my body through the flecks of gold—completing a piece of me that hadn’t yet awakened. What remained after the forceful blast—was beautiful. Gold spread beneath my hooves, touching the very plant life around me and freezing it an instant. No words can describe the reverence and awe of this moment. Even when the gold vanishes and everything returns to normal, the shine still coats my heart. Turning now, I face my family with a smile that touches both ends of my face.