the Rift

a day at the beach. [open]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>

Fear never kept my lad in the slums for long, he yearned to free again. Exploring the mountains and running with babbling streams. So I came up with an idea and suggested we visit a new shore, one with warm water and plentiful amusements for even the most active of minds. It would give me time to think. Time to plot. My mind shifted toward darker thoughts that with each passing day began to cloud mind more and more.

Still…my son lingered close by, never drawing to far from view. I purposely walked slower than normal so that he might get bored and venture forward without being stuck to hip. A smile of assurance that I was close and watching soon rid terror long enough for cherub to skip away through the thicket.

A pair of wary eyes from above watched as he went. I sent Fina a feeling of gratitude and received indifference. She really wasn’t one to warm up easily….

The ocean was close; salty air caked the back of throat and muffled other scents that might have otherwise clued me in on what lay beyond palm trees. Pushing through the final line of foliage I caught sight of a pleasing scene. Cera dashed across the sand, darting toward…lady Ktulu. My heart clinched, not painfully but with restrained thrill. I smiled and saw her young babe close at hand, as well as a friendly mare that seemed to be starting conversation.

Just like that. My shadowing thoughts fled the scene, promising to return when mind was left alone. For now, concentration fell upon quickening step and lifting head to a more dignified position. Quietly I approached, my footfalls muffled and sinking with each step, “Good day, ladies.” Though my intention was to greet both on neutral terms; It was impossible to not purposely linger on my temptress, her coat shimmering, freshly shed of all winter fluff. Skin was aglow with light and hinting upon an even brighter hue when mixed with water, “Lady Ktulu you are looking absolutely stunning as usual….but if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to join the children.” With a wink and nod, I was off to water’s edge.

Picking up speed when sand turned more stable I darted past the still contemplating foals, my efforts were rewarded with a fairly decent splash that followed in wake. A sly grin slithered across my face, did I get them wet? Cera and I rarely got the chance to play, so this felt like a perfect moment. Pushing into a half rear I jerked one forelimb out of the sea enough to send a well-aimed shot of salt water in their general direction with high hopes upon making contact.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
a day at the beach. [open] - by Hototo - 01-10-2013, 02:23 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Ktulu - 01-10-2013, 03:19 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Kimber - 01-11-2013, 10:33 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Cera - 01-12-2013, 12:53 AM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Midas - 01-12-2013, 10:05 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Frost Fyre - 01-17-2013, 08:55 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Hototo - 01-19-2013, 02:47 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Random Event - 02-22-2013, 12:38 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Midas - 03-01-2013, 12:35 AM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Cera - 03-01-2013, 11:50 PM