the Rift

a day at the beach. [open]

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!
HOTOTO</style>
   HE WHO IS BRAVE IS FREE.</style>

Mother had found me, but I was not surprised. I heard footsteps behind me, and glance back sheepishly to see her face, welcoming it with a warm, excited smile. Bear likely already knew who it was, not even stopping to turn and face her, but I wait for her to join me on the beach. Now a trio standing side by side on the beach, mother begins to tell me of this place. The Endless Blue was an apt title, considering the only sight I had for miles was the ocean and the sky reflected upon it. Two long distance mirrors of blue, racing each other to the horizon. I smile. A warm muzzle comes to touch my head, and I lean into the small embrace, finding that I was never ashamed to be seen so close to my mother. Some colts would likely be embarrassed by such an affectionate show, but I cared little. Mother was most important, and that would never change.

"You lived in a place like this?" I remember her words I had missed while staring at the blue, looking up with wide, two-toned eyes, a smile following my words. I was lucky to learn things about mother's life, as she was rarely one to share her past with me. Each thing I discovered was a solved mystery, and something I felt accomplished in earning. She speaks of the water, and I look at it with suspect, the waves crawling up the sand and rolling it around, tugging it back into a sea of blue. Was it really safe? Would it not drag me along too, out into the ocean? I had never learned how to swim. Mother was here, though, so perhaps it was okay. She would surely protect- who was this?

Instantly I shrug back, shrinking so close to my mother it would be almost impossible to tell us apart if not for the drastic changes in color. I peek out from behind mother's chest, my horn sticking out much further than my two toned eyes, sending curious glances back toward Bear. The small little animal made of water was surprising enough, but the familiar tone taken with my mother was something even more surprising. Who was this mare? How did she know my mother? I frown, frightened of her flamboyant personality, but more afraid she would talk to me. Of course, soon after her greeting, her eyes fall upon my body, and my head darts back behind my mother. Wide eyed and scared, I look at Bear, who almost seems to mock me with a calm expression. I pretend not to hear the mare as she speaks to me, my eyes finding the blue sky instead of her face. I did not care that she had met mother when she was young - I was scared.

It is around that time I am saved. A familiar voice rings in the air and I turn my head excitedly to see the advancing figure of Cera. I smile warmly, releasing Bear from my wing as I turn sharply, the mammal moving along with me, I trot a few paces away from the adults only to have to stop, Cera moving rapidly around my figure as I toss my head this way and that to keep up with him. "Cera," I say warmly, finally being able to still my head as the smaller colt stops in front of me. I notice the small mammal following him, which I look at momentarily with an ounce of confusion before deciding Cera had found a companion like mother had found Bear. "Where is Midas?" I ask, looking up over the hill and not seeing his figure yet. It was only a few moments before the stallion pokes through, and I smile. "Hello, Midas!" I call over the hill, turning back toward my friend - that's right, I have a friend. I smile once more, relieved to not be stuck with mother and this weird mare named Kimber.

Cera made touch and movement seem normal, full of energy, eyes of bloody earth following him as he darted one way and another, finally setting his pace toward the water. For a moment, I watch him slack-jawed as he takes off for the waves I was too scared to enter. Then, I look at Bear who looks at me looking at him, and we barrel off after the smaller colt almost simultaneously. "Charge!" I splash into the water with a shock, halting almost immediately after entering to absorb the sensation. It is cool, yet not cold. It is not firm, but moves my body if I do not tense my muscles. Perplexed, I drop my nose and huff, accidentally taking in a few droplets of water and snorting in surprise, finding the salty water stings my nostrils. I laugh a little after, at myself, but mostly from the discovery of water. I had drank it, bathed in it, but never such a large body that smelled of salty tears.

Midas had some how beat me to the waves, and his splash resounds in my ears before slapping against my sides. I glance up, smiling at the stallion warmly before sending a splash in Cera's direction with a kick of my hooves. I suppose I had missed the appearance of the filly, but I noticed her now, my eyes growing large once more before I swallow my hesitancy. She obviously just wanted to play, and I was in no position to deny her such a thing. I was not the master of this ocean, after all. An awkward smile on my lips, I dance about in the water, leaving splashes in my wake.
""

Stock Providers: Horse, Wings, and Background.

Messages In This Thread
a day at the beach. [open] - by Hototo - 01-10-2013, 02:23 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Ktulu - 01-10-2013, 03:19 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Kimber - 01-11-2013, 10:33 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Cera - 01-12-2013, 12:53 AM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Midas - 01-12-2013, 10:05 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Frost Fyre - 01-17-2013, 08:55 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Hototo - 01-19-2013, 02:47 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Random Event - 02-22-2013, 12:38 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Midas - 03-01-2013, 12:35 AM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Cera - 03-01-2013, 11:50 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Hototo - 03-16-2013, 02:22 PM