the Rift

a day at the beach. [open]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>

I was aware that everyone was behind my dripping flanks and safe for now, though I didn’t dare move from the position I stood to check upon their well-being. Hototo calls my name, asking who it was that had nearly seized my heart from chest merely moments ago. Not daring to turn his way to answer, out of concern that that beast might suddenly drop its kind act I instead whisper in a hushed voice, “A sea god.” My rearing hadn’t been filled with stories of the ocean, despite the fact that I lived near it; was raised in it. Never before had I seen a dragon like creature such as this.

Swallowing a mouthful of salty air, I realize that unfortunately my tongue has gone completely dry. Sealed lips remain tightly patched together when the serpent gracefully flings aside to make speaking easier. "I'm sorry if I scared you," Scared. Was I truly afraid of this creature? To not harbor some amount of respect and wariness was natural, even correct. No it wasn’t the serpent I feared, it was the terror of failure. Being unable to protect those I cared for most. The mighty beast took on an appearance that made her seem almost docile, my nerves slowly waned as a result; though instinctively I aired on a side of caution. There was too much magic in this world for one to lay down their guard completely.
“I am Enyo.”

“Enyo,” I repeat with revered note, “You’re unlike anything I have ever witnessed. I am called Midas—and these are my son’s, Cera and Hototo.”

My lips part into a smile that came more easily than I expected, perhaps this meeting wasn’t going to lead to a death match that involved me getting my flank chewed on. Suddenly the conversation somehow turned toward her golden bellied fish that had been carried to shore.

“Would you take care of this for me, birdy?”

Eyes drop to the sealife she pushed toward me, and then back up to the pale orbs that now watched me with brimming intent.

“Maybe you should eat it," She wanted me to eat the fish….for safekeeping? I swallowed the remaining saliva in my mouth and cast my eyes back down to the scaled prey between us. “It is dishonoring of me ….but I fear that my stomach has no tolerance for meat. I can however-- keep watch over it if that is what you desire.” The spools of my magic curl around the slimy thing, lifting it a few inches from the ground in demonstration.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
a day at the beach. [open] - by Hototo - 01-10-2013, 02:23 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Ktulu - 01-10-2013, 03:19 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Kimber - 01-11-2013, 10:33 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Cera - 01-12-2013, 12:53 AM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Midas - 01-12-2013, 10:05 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Frost Fyre - 01-17-2013, 08:55 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Hototo - 01-19-2013, 02:47 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Random Event - 02-22-2013, 12:38 PM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Midas - 03-01-2013, 12:35 AM
RE: a day at the beach. [open] - by Cera - 03-01-2013, 11:50 PM