the Rift

Chapter 1: The Pompous Young Stallion

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
He was an angry young thing, this pompous stallion, and I looked at him skeptically as he snapped at me. Years on earth had taught me that there was little time for unwarranted anger, and I could only watch ruefully as this stallion glared his angry eyes and swished his angry tail and was all around bratty. It was irritating, but I did not lash back. Years of training had helped me control my temper. The frustration only showed itself in the slight twitch of my left shoulder.

I let an ear drop back as he spoke again, eyes narrowing slightly. "Everybody runs from something. But no matter." He pulled up to rise above me, and I let him have that victory, keeping my crown slightly lowered. Dark eyes continued to watch the stallion from behind frosty forelock. He demanded a name, and for a moment I was tempted to hold it as my own secret. Then I laughed at myself, and dipped my head to him. "I am Rishima, of no herd. What is your name?" I did not have a chance to say more, however, before the arrival of another brought a welcome distraction.

The new mare did not seem to notice me, so enraptured in the act of seducing a newcomer was she, which gave me a chance to observe them both. The newcomer introduced herself as one Solstice of the Windtossed Foothills - a friend of my brothers, perchance. She was pretty, a mottled gold and white that reminded me of Mirage's Torasin. So many associations, in such a small place. I enjoyed the spider's web of connections my mind was forming.

Solstice was a warrior, she announced, a profession I could admire. But the stallion seemed incredulous, shocked at the revelation. Luckily for me, I did not need to put the stallion in his place - yet another mare arrived, claiming possession of the painted Solstice. She was calm in the face of the black stud, something I could admire, and I dipped my head to her in respect. Her assessment of kinship with Mirage pleased me, and I let my guard drop enough to smile at her. "Yes," I agreed, voice low and resonant. "But I do not know you...?" My attention was taken a moment later, however, when the beating of wings heralded a lovely blue dragon's arrival. The creature landed on the back of the Grulla mare, chirping happily to its bonded. "Beautiful," I whispered - although he did not begin to compare with the majesty of my sister's Aikath.

Messages In This Thread
Chapter 1: The Pompous Young Stallion - by Atlas - 06-01-2012, 09:33 PM
RE: Chapter 1: The Pompous Young Stallion - by Atlas - 06-02-2012, 09:15 PM
RE: Chapter 1: The Pompous Young Stallion - by Rishima - 06-03-2012, 05:17 PM
RE: Chapter 1: The Pompous Young Stallion - by Atlas - 06-05-2012, 11:35 AM