the Rift

What is this Fear? (Open)

Ayaka Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The lightly built fea pranced around the beautiful forest. Her orange eyes widen at the sight of such beauty but yet there was a dark fear of this mysterious forest. Light shined down through the branchs of the trees and the Iberianess’s coat glinted with the sun’s rays. She was quite weary about this gorgeous place. Fear still seemed to be digging inside of her body and biting right into her bones. Her hackles raised and her ears twitched and turned with every sound, analyzing it and making sure it was not a threat.

New smells poked and nipped at her nose with each step. Then the lupa stopped dead in her tracks. The golden pelted she-wolf scanned the land in front of her with a deep snarling rising from her throat. The dark shadows from the trees played tricks on her mind and caused her to believe that someone was watching her. The fear was now absorbing Ayaka and she was about ready to dash away but, unstead of fleeing, the frail Iberianess tried to shake off the fear, and push forward.

'I am a wolf. The top feared and a top predator. Why must I be so fearful of something as silly as the woods?’ She thought to herself. 'I will get used to this place… I just have to get to know it a little.’

As she uneasily trotted on, she saw a very old fir tree. With a slight tip of her head, she tensely walked forward. A crystal clear pool of water was right at the tip of her paws. She lowered her head to take a drink. Stones that were tinted red layed at the bottom of the pool. "Is that," She could bearly even get the last word out of her mouth. "blood?” She said in a meek voice. It looked so beautiful, but yet to threatening. The fear again started to bite at her spine, and she nearly collapsed to her knees.

As she regained her steadiness, Ayaka pawed at one of the stones. She was almost mesmerized at the blood red stone, but yet was still so afraid. A wet nose tapped the rock and she rolled it back into the beautiful waters.

Lupus Posts: 118
Aurora Basin Soldier
Stallion :: Other :: 77cm :: 1
Pheonix

The faint scent of another wolf ran past my nose as I clutch my rabbit in my jaws. Surprise hits me. I though I was the only wolf around here,but it appears not. I start my way though the pine trees,heat beating down on my but I suddenly freeze. What if it is a full pack? I look out in the direction of the smell to see nothing as I inhale. No. There is only one other wolf around here and so I continue down the winding path to it,stopping every now and then to gulp down a chuck of my meal. I will look for dessert later.

Though the shadow of the trees I spot another wolf. Her paws at the edge of a small lake, seemingly rolling a rock around. I step out of the shadows by a old fir tree,my white coat clean except for the blood on my snout. I see that the stone she is rolling is not a dull grey but tinged with a blood red color,all the stones at the bottom of the lake appear to be. "What would bring a wolf like yourself to this land?" I stop at the water as I came out in front of her at a slight angle. My paws are covered by the sheet of water but it only travels to my heels. I take care though to lift my tail out the water. My black orbs gaze at her in a friendly but demanding way.

"blah blah blah."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Unregistered
Ayaka could feel another animals presents. She sniffed the air. Could it be a wolf? The fae’s hopes lifted for a moment as she silently waited near the small pool. The tips of her two frount paws were in the shallow lake. It seemed to slightly cool the Iberianess’s warm body. The sun continued to beat down on her, making her pelt shimmer. She put her maw down to the water again for a second drink. She had gotten used to the stones that were stained red.

"What would bring a wolf like yourself to this land?" The stanger wolf spoke to Ayaka. The presents of another wolf made the lupa jump a bit in shock. She cautiously watched the white he-wolf, observing his every move. The fae gazed into his pure black orbs. She had not expected to see another wolf. Her fiery eyes glinted in the suns light. He was much taller than the golden pelted she-wolf. He also appeared to have much more strength. His maw was stained red from his prey.

“I could ask you the same question.” The Iberianess replied. “I am Ayaka. Who are you?” Her fiery orbs gazing at the handsome he-wolf with wonder. She thought that maybe she would maybe never see a wolf again ever since she had run away. The day she had ruined the hunt and killed the alpha male by accident, she had thought she would never she another wolf. The lupa kind of hoped that she would actually never see another wolf, but now that there was one in front to her, it seemed crazy that she had hoped for that.

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

I can the the water slightly lapping round my lower legs,its light blue color reflecting on my underbelly,tinging it with blue. I gaze at the she wolf,summing her up. She had less muscle then me,as she was a female,and her coat totally different to my white glow,also it was less thick. Maybe she came from a different part to me,she looked as if she did.

I could ask you the same question. I smile slightly at her replay. It was the kind of thing I would come out with. Ayaka. Her name is different to those I have heard before,but I do not bring the matter up. Instead I plan something equally as good to say to her. I start to come out of the water,the fur at the bottom of my legs glued together by water. "Yes but,Ayaka,I did ask first didn't I?" I wink at her as I walk past her side. When I am behind her I turn in one slick movement. "The name is Lupus."

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered
Ayaka watched the white pelted brute. His shimmering coat was tinted blue with the pool of water below him. His eyes were like black diamonds that seemed to reflect the sun’s rays. His claws were large and looked like razors. His face was broad with a sly muzzle. He had a heavy white pelt that looked like it weighted a ton. The lupe’s tail was long and seemed as if it was a furry whip. His coat really was strange to her. In her whole life, she had not seen one pure white wolf. She had seen wolves that were black, tawny, red, but never had she seen white. It was absolutely lovely.

"Yes but,Ayaka,I did ask first didn't I?" The he wolf Lupus replied to her. The fae found herself smiling slyly as the handsome Alaskan wolf winked at her. She watched him turn around and whip around. She turned to face him saying, If you want to know that bad, I guess I will tell you.” She sighed, “I ran away from my pack when I was about 8 months old. You see, it was my first time going hunting with the other members, other than my brothers and sisters. I got too excited and went straight for the bull elk. The alpha male from my pack came to help me, and I guess the elk got kinda mad. He kicked my alpha right in the head and killed him. I felt as if it was all my fault so I ran away and took care of myself until I turned one. I needed to look for some sort of companionship whether it was a pack, a herd, or just a buddy. So I ran again and found this place…” The Iberianess’s ears were pinned back in embarrassment. She had never told anyone that story and was afraid at what Lupus might say back in return.

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

I listen closely as Ayakas tells her story,watching with a critical eye over her red coat. It still puzzles me. I have never seen a wolf that color before. Perhaps she was not a wolf? But she was. I knew it. I could sense it. She was a wolf though and though. I could not argue with it. But there was one thing I was sure; she was not from where I was. A pack run away? Idiot attack from her? Alpha killed? I roll my eyes. Some females just weren't cut out for it. I notice her flicked back ears as I start to walk round the red wolf. Embarrassment? Anger? As I face her again,not in the water this time though,I can't help feeling the slightest bit bad for her. Something I have never felt before. Maybe it was because we were in the same shoes really? Lone wolfs. Out of our packs for some reason or another.

I only show that I feel the slightest bit bad for her. I am heartless,I know and not even another wolf could change that. "Ayaka,maybe you should use brains before brawn?" My voice is not kind,but not cruel and I add a slight smile to the end. My cold star looks away from her,across the pool of clear water. "My mother died before my birth was known." No emotion was in my voice. It is a moment in my life I tell no one though a fellow outcasted wolf was different to a horse. There was more of a homely connection,though we were totally different.

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered
Ayaka felt a sharp pang slice through her heart as Lupus told her about his mother. She could not be able to function if her mother had died before she even got to meet her. Her tragic past was not even close to Lupus’s. She could not imagine having no one looking at her with gentle eyes and softly nuzzling her and whispering to her adn telling her that its alright. The lupa wished right now she was back in her pack, nestling into her mother’s warm brown pelt. The red hued fae wished that she could rewind her life and stop herself from ever going straight for the bull. ‘If only I was not so foolish…’ She thought.

Ayaka lowered her head with pity for Lupus. Her heart was practically shattered into pieces. Never had she ever been told a sadder experience. “I am so sorry, Lupus.” She said in a meek but sweet voice. “Bad things happen to everyone, but you learn to get over them. As much as it may hurt, you will learn to try to get passed it.” Her eyes glimmered in the day light with flames from a blazing fire. She could almost feel the pain that burned inside of the handsome white brute. His black eyes that gazed towards the icy blue water showed no emotion. It was right then she relized that although she was totally different from Lupus, they were the same inside. They had both had a tragic past, and they were both wolves. The sun was slowly slipping down painting the sky with hues of gold pink and green

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

The pain burns in my heart as I look into the depths of the trees past the lake. There endless formation never seems to end,it just keeps going. I wonder how far it goes on for. Weather in one direction is simply goes on forever and ever. That was sometimes how life felt. Going on forever,never stopping,never going to stop. Endless searching for my next meal. Never stop thinking about who my mother was,what my life would have been like if she had lived. I may have been in a pack. But would I want that? I truly don't know. Being a outcasted wolf seems to have...made me stronger inside. Ayaka's voice rings in my ears. I am so sorry, Lupus. I turn my head to look to her. Bad things happen to everyone, but you learn to get over them. As much as it may hurt, you will learn to try to get passed it. It was true and I know it is. Now I turn my snowy body all the way round so I am not straining to see her.

My voice is slightly kinder then before when I spoke to her though it is sill cold. "There is no need to be sorry,it was not your fault." I look over her reddish coat,still amazed by the colors. I then turn my gaze behind her into the dark shadows of trees before turning my eyes to look at her again. "Yes,I agree,bad things do happen to everyone." A heartless thought enters my mind. Though most the time it is down to idiots being idiots.

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered
Ayaka gazed at the sparkling blue lake, still sort of bewildered by the blood red rocks. The birds around the two wolves chirped their songs and filled up the silence between the lupa and the lupe. The ancient fir tree creaked and moved with the minor breeze. She still wondered about Lupus losing his mother. She just could not picture a wolf without his milk giver. She looked at Lupus again wondering how he got his white pelt and sparkling black eyes.

"There is no need to be sorry, it was not your fault." He said, "Yes, I agree, bad things do happen to everyone." His emotionless voice occupied her ears. The fiery orbs of the fae looked at the ground. She wanted to change the subject to something not as depressing, but she did not know what to say. Pain from hunger had risen in her belly. She had not eaten all day, and needed something to consume. Quickly changing the subject, Ayaka said, “How about we go hunt. This time, I promise I won’t be an idiot.” She suggested with a smile. This forest seemed to be plentiful with prey. The fae had not hunted with someone ever since her screw up with the pack. She wanted to go hunt. She wanted to feel the helpless creature squirm and wriggle trying to escape her lethal jaw. To feel the blood trickle down her throat and rip into the tender flesh. The feeling of being full had never came to her since she had abandoned her pack. She kept content though, and waited for the white brute to reply.

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

My dark orbs search the forest, search the forest for something,but I don't know what. Each tree was fully looked over,every detail taken in,locked inside my head. If I could I would be able to draw every little detail of the view my eyes covered,each shadow,each leaf,each blade of grass. I was still unsure of why I was looking out so far,so deep,into every little detail. Searching for something that I didn't know.

How about we go hunt. This time, I promise I won’t be an idiot. I turn my head to see the Ayaka smiling. Although I have just had my meal for the day I suppose it had not filled me up very well and maybe another morsel would do me well but was this wolf any good at hunting? From her back story it sounded not. She seemed more to take it as a joke to me to,as if it couldn't be a life or death situation. I sigh. Now wishing to go hunting partially with her but wanting more food. "Sure." I pause,turning my whole body to face her. "You lead the way." I wait for her to lead thinking though a gritted mind. She better have learnt a thing or two about hunting lately. I could not bear let a meal escape unscathed.

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered
Ayaka lifted her muzzle in the air, smelling everything around the two wolves. A couple rabbits, chipmunks, squirrels. She sighed taking one more sniff. There was a different scent when she whiffed the air a second time. Her ears went forward and her eyes seemed to lighten. A deer. She thought. She had not had some type of ungulate meat ever since she had left her pack.

"Sure. You lead the way." The white he-wolf said in reply to the rusty pelted fae and with that a smile came to her maw. Happily, she then said, “Great! Follow me!” And with that, the lupa trotted towards the scent of the deer. Thoughts raced through her mind. Don’t screw up… Don’t screw up. Ayaka thought.

Her agile body dodged the trees around her as she followed the scent. She had not been sure why at first she was so afraid of the forest. Now that she had been in the forest for quite some bit, she saw the beauty. Her cranium twisted from side to side, looking out into the never ending woodlands for the prey. Just then, the lupa saw a brown blur crossed her vision. She could now make out the figure of a full grown buck. She quickly ducked down and watched its ever movement. She looked at Lupus, “Ready?” She asked. The red and gold pelted she-wolf quietly waited for him to answer.

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

I started to adjust my nose to separate smell from smell,silently searching for prey. It was all the same. Rabbits,birds; all thing I eat on a day to day bases but then a deer smell starts to grow as I focus my senses of the direction it's coming in,wondering if Ayaka had sensed it yet. A smile rose on her maw as she speaks. Great! Follow me! I start to follow her as she heads of in the direction I had caught the deer in,though I still raise a eyebrow,wondering what skills this she-wolf might have.

I follow her rustic body though the shadows of the trees,luckily still following the scent of deer. A flash of brown crosses our path and I immediately lower my body to the ground,my eyes focused of the creature. Ready? I shot her a glance instead of replaying leaping into out,my white coat bright,and strange,in the depths of the forest.

How long had it been since I last hunted with someone else? As far as I can recall,never. It felt strange to be hunting by the side of another wolf and it had it's good points and bad points. Good,there was more of us to catch the beast. Bad,sharing the prey. I didn't know I was going to react to having to share,nor did I know how she was going to react to sharing the food. Oh and there's another problem. By the sounds of it,she can't hunt well. Great.

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered
Her body pressed to the ground. Ayaka’s breath was steady and hardly made a sound. She eyed the buck. She turned to Lupus as he nodded his head. With that, the lupa stalked closer to the deer. Her eyes fixed on it. So steady, and so calm ever step sounded like the wind blowing. The buck took a step forwards. The wolf took a step forward. Don't screw up. She reminded herself. Without giving the deer a moment to think, the agile she-wolf sprung right for its right flank.

Her teeth clenched to its flesh as it tried to kick her off. She jumped up to clamp her teeth on its back. He reared and kicked and bucked, but nothing would break her grip loose. The sweet blood that poured down her throat brings back the scarring memories of her past. She let go of its tender skin and chased it for a little. It kicked at her again, this time striking her on her front left leg. A squealing yelp of pain emerges from her throat. Blood poured from the minor gash that was a little below her shoulder. Yet, that did not stop the frail she-wolf, it just made her more enraged. Almost forgetting about the pain that was swimming throughout her leg, she sprinted at the buck biting its flank again. Her teeth sank into his raw flesh but then, she let go and started to drive it towards Lupus. She was hoping that he would get the hint to go in for the kill.

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

I creep round to the side the animal was heading. I watch hidden in the depths of a bush as the struggle of wolf and beast began. Hoofs and teeth flash as Ayaka tryed to get a good grip of its hind,the vicious hoofs kicking out in the wrong direction,at the wrong time unfortunately for Ayaka. I watch as the blood drips down her coat,mattering her fur slightly but,much to my delight she keeps on going, determination seemed to be surging though her to bring this animal down.

The sickly whimper from her makes my leap into action,stopping the creature in its tracks. I snarl and growl as my claws unleash as Ayaka only drives the creature futher to me. I wink at her as I leap up,grasping the panicked animals neck.My claws sling on as my jaws unlock to deliver a fatal blow to the creature.My teeth sink into the animals neck as it throws its head up,kicking its front legs in the air madly though they then turn to fall down lifelessly as I lesson my grip with my teeth as it's body falls. As it's body thumps on the ground I almost most jump of the creature,only to turn to face our meal. "Well,I don't think we did to bad."A slight grin emerges on my snout as I lay my self down and start to tear its neck apart.

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered
With her teeth fastened on his flank and with Lupus clinging onto the bucks neck, the ungulate fell with a loud thud. Blood stained her white lined lips making them appear as if they were red. As the white he-wolf held it down, their prey soon was to its death. With a pink tongue lolling from the side of her mouth, a smile slid across her face. Ayaka looked down at her wound licking and trying to make it feel better. As it seemed to be processing, the rusty pelted fae then slit its belly open with her razer like fangs. Guts and blood spilled everywhere. Hungrily, the she-wolf with the eyes like fire started to savagely rip into the divine meal that she and Lupus had earned.

Lupus’s compliment rang in her ears and spread an even bigger smile of her blood red face. I didn’t screw up! With her tail ever-so-slightly swinging, the lupa replied, “We did amazing.” She said looking at the handsome white brute gleefully. Blood leaked down from her maw as she lowered her head for more of the delectable flesh of the deer. She stripped bone after bone clean from any meat that lingered onto it. For all she knew, this meal could be the last for weeks. Jaws crunched on bones being sure to chew and scrape every morsel off. Now that she was feeling fully stuffed, she lifted her red cranium up and opened her snout into a perfect O shape. A pecfect howl slipped from her throat.

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

Success.

It pleases me.

I dig my snout into the beasts ripped flesh,my face now stained a deep red with blood. The stench of blood poisons the air around but I don't care.I rip flesh clean of the scattered bones,a deep hole in the neck of the animal where I had lyritally licked the blood of the bones and skin that lay on the ground. My paws are also stained with blood from where my claws had ripped open flesh and helped my jaws rip flesh to a almost bite size amount.

Her proud voice rings in my ears and,my snout deep in the animals flesh,smiles slightly. It felt..good to make a fellow lone wolf feel better about themselves, especially if they were ones to fail at hunting,as she had. I draw my head out of the animals flesh to look at the oh so sweet mess of blood and guts we had made. I lift myself into a sitting position,watching the rustic girl as she lifts up her head and howls.

I join her.

Maybe I was gaining a slight soft spot for her. And I mean slight. After all she was another lone wolf. I wonder what she plans to do in the rest of her life? Weather she is going to wonder forever or join the bands of horses? Anyhow,ill wait for the howl to end before asking.

The howl will heed warning to others. The wolfs are about.

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered

Their howl splits the air around them and echoes through the forest. As her howl concludes, she brings down her maw. Her fiery orbs glance at the ripped flesh of the deer. She could not even think about having one more bite of the delicious meal. Her belly felt like exploding and her legs were tired from running. The fae leaned back into a stretch, and then laid down. Relief seemed to be lifted off of her shoulders and it felt nice. She was relaxed. The forest was not scary at all any more, but yet quite peaceful.

She gazed at Lupus. His glamorous white pelt now was hinted with red. The lupa looked into his coal black orbs. Amazing, it still amazed her. How did he get this pelt ad eyes. It looked so different. So handsome. He was a quite handsome wolf. But what was she thinking? She could not be falling for him on the first day they met! Or could she? She could not let herself fall in love, and then possibly get her heart shattered. Why was it so easy to be stuck with cupid’s arrow?

Wiping those thoughts out of her head, the rusty pelted wolf put on a kind hearted smile. A breeze sent a slight chill up the she-wolf’s back as her fur lightly quivered. “So, do you live with a pack or herd? Or are you just a lone wolf?” She asked. Ayaka hoped she did not sound nosy. She waited for the brute’s reply.

"blah blah blah."

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

The howl draws to a end. Was this what it was like to be in a pack? To join in the howl with our fellow mates,to hunt together? I gaze over the rustic she wolf. She was so different from me in looks. Her golden and reds color mix with each individual hair sprouting from her body. And why had I been drawn to her? Actually, stupid question Lupus. She was the first wolf I had seen in,how long? I can't even remember. But it had been a while and I guess it was because she was another wolf I had been drawn to her. Not that I was regretting it in the slightest. She is...growing on me.Great.

Her kind smile pulls me away gently from the thoughts that were troubling me. So, do you live with a pack or herd? Or are you just a lone wolf? My coat ripples in a light breeze as I think about the question. Ok,I don't really need to think about it. I am from the Basin. But how to put it? Oh Ayaka I am in a herd of racist Unicorns and I love it,you? I lift my self into a standing position thinking of the best way of how to put it.Maybe she didn't know there racist? "I live in the Basin,you?"

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered

“I live in the Basin, you?”

His words run in her ears. The Basin? Hadn’t she heard that name before? But where? She could not remember. All she could remember is that it was a herd. It seemed to have a nice sound to it. Or so she thought. But where did she live? She lived nowhere. Anywhere she went was her home. Although she had had her mind set on joining the Dragon’s Throat. She had passed by and thought it was lovely. But what if she got rejected, sent away from it immediately because she was a wolf. Then where would she go?

Distress filled her mind as the thoughts buzzed in her brain like bees. She then replied to Lupus, “I don’t live in a herd or even a pack. Although I am thinking on trying to join the Dragon’s Throat.” She smiled as she gazed at his eyes. She then looked to the countless amount of trees that was surrounding then. The shade from their leaves made Ayaka’s pelt tinged with shadowy shades of grey. Her eyes looked at the carcass of the deer that they had torn apart for their meal. She could not help but feel the slightest bit of pity for it. It had died for the two wolves to enjoy a meal. It had a life too, didn’t it? She then took her wandering thoughts off of it and looked at the snowy coated wolf. She wondered if her had thought the same feeling of the deer. Or if he thought of it just as food. Either one was the right answer, for they were top predators, and predators need to eat.

"blah blah blah."

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

I am thinking on trying to join the Dragon’s Throat.

Why the Throat? Out of all places? I think back in time when I had meet the prisoner they had taken from us,the Basin. And then they fool of a warrior had come and told me to shoo with there leader Kri. Kri. She was a fool of a creature if she thought I was going to leave the Throat at peace. I wasn't. I will walk in and out of there as a I please and she can't stop me. Why did Ayaka had to join them? A slight twang of pain hits me. I didn't want her to live there with them in the Throat. I liked her. She was the only other wolf I had met around here. Anyway,what would Kri say? I doubt the thought of a wolf joining in there ranks had even crossed her mind, especially after I had met her.

Coming to think about it...why did I care? It's not like I liked her enough love her. She was alright,I will give her that. Alright. Nothing more,nothing less. But why was I so bothered? I look towards the body,as Ayaka did,gazing on the spilled blood and unrecognizable body of the animal that lay in a heap. I didn't need her every time I hunt. I could of taken it down easily myself. As he gaze turn back to me,I turn mine back to her,catching with her fiery gems. My eyes snap down for as split second as I hadn't expected to catch eyes but I quickly return to meet them. "The Throat? What would take you there?"

"blah blah blah."

Image credit;Woxys