the Rift

Home Sweet Home [Open]

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu

I lift my head from the shade of the cave, the fire reflecting my wet, iridescent frame prettily, if I might say so. I watch quietly for a moment as mother and daughter reunite, eyes just glimpsing Mirage beyond the cave mouth as well.

Rising onto my black paws I sink into a stretch. It's more instinct than anything, this wolf body not composed of bones to lock or joints to stiffen. It makes me feel good somehow all the same.

I dissolve then, suddenly a dark splash staining the cave floor as I spill into a thousand drops. Before I have thinned out entirely though all the dark liquid comes rushing back to its center, nearly watching it in reverse, though this time it doesn't build up the shadowy canine, but the inky horse. I am still dark, my form seeming to absorb light more than to reflect it, but I have lost that shine to my body, one that is now flesh and hair and hide instead of foul water.

I glance unperturbed at the family, not aware of the dire situation Solstice had felt about her child. Aaron had entrusted the small filly to me before he marched to the Edge and I had been looking after her since. Of course, I am no father figure and a terrible babysitter, preoccupied with my own tasks, but I spared her what attention I could and hoped to give her solace with my company, silent as it is.

I can tell you one thing for sure. I don't think I want any children.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Home Sweet Home [Open] - by Solstice - 01-10-2013, 08:35 PM
RE: Home Sweet Home [Open] - by Mirage - 01-12-2013, 08:34 AM
RE: Home Sweet Home [Open] - by Solstice - 01-14-2013, 12:13 PM
RE: Home Sweet Home [Open] - by Ink - 01-16-2013, 01:51 AM
RE: Home Sweet Home [Open] - by Mirage - 01-22-2013, 04:31 AM