the Rift

He approaches... (New)

Farenjer Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
farenjer
It was a brighter day, though a quiet light mist crept through the woods. Taking step by step through the woods. Green leaves veiled through the canopies of the woods above. The silent winds ruffled and shook his mane, as he went on with his journey. It only had occurred to himself that he would soon be approaching a great and widely huge realm of Helovia. He shuttered as he felt the streaming warmth of streaking sunlight breaking the canopies. Sunlight... something he never really felt in ages, it stopped his pace and made him give a silent and motionless pause in observation. Shifting his head to let his eyes see the sparkling sunlight touch his dark back. It felt so gentle and so warm. He perked his ears up and stared at the revealing warmth that reflected onto his back. Than with another thought he turned his head back to in front of him, and began walking again. Clip-pity clop his hooves went, as he strolled through the woods in a curious dealt mind. With thoughts through his mind, he felt them gone. When the instincts of hearing the snap of a stick upon the ground over nearby caught himself. He stopped with his head high up and staring at where he heard it. He saw the figure of another equine. A lock of charcoal hair fell onto his deep brown eye, while the Piercing Ice white eye of static looked ahead to the figure.

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"
-- Patrick Rothfuss

d'Artagnan watched the mists roll in and found himself caught in a memory. The sharp cliff, a dreary wood and a thick depressing fog. A white horse covered in spots and a wave of loyalty, the laughter and the malice. The land that christened him a Nightshade; now in the hands of ignorant unbelievers. It left a bitterness and a shame, for he was not there and he had let his guard down. The memory spiralled out of control and d'Artagnan let it go before he got too mad to be of use to anyone. The whole point of visiting the Threshold would be out the door if he didn't control himself.

The Nightshade picked up his pace and delved deeper into the woodland, ears alert and active with eyes scouring ahead. He turned another corner and found a strange, horned stallion staring at him. d'Artagnan stood for a moment and regathered himself before staring the stud back with his dual coloured eyes, idly wondering how he got to have such strange markings. Not that he could talk. Tattooed with moons as he was.

Stopping a little before the icy eyed fellow, he gave a cautious proffer of his head in greeting. "Do you have a reason for being here, brother? Or have you no sense of direction?" he addressed with a humour in his gruff tones. Insinuating in his latter question that he may be lost. d'Artagnan didn't much like greetings and preferred to get straight to it. Always impatient and always demanding.

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Unregistered
farenjer
"Do you have a reason for being here, brother? Or have you no sense of direction?" He grunted to the other stallions comment. "I come passing through... this..." he looked around before finishing the touching word of his sentence "Realm." He looked back to the other Stallion with the forelock of his mane still covering his normal eye. Now that he noticed the other Unicorn, he could see that he was not alone in this forest anymore. And though Farenjer mostly didn't bother to know a name of a area he was just quickly passing by he questioned with a touch of curiosity in his voice"Tell me brother, what Realm is this exactly?" His eyes looked around again but back to the Stallion quicker this time. Now holding his gaze to the other he had now thought of how big this realm was. If it was much larger than this woods and a few plains. Then Farenjer would stay for a little longer, or more. It made him quite curious of where he was, and now perhaps this stranger could tell him. Since the other seemed friendly, and seemed to come out of Farenjer's noticing. Then Farenjer would now consider asking him more than just what realm this was. And give a more polite introduction towards each other.

-- Patrick Rothfuss

d'Artagnan crooked his head and flickered his lobes to catch the words of the his fellow brother. It didn't take long until the shade grunted himself in confirmation that this steed was indeed new to the land. Perfect. He wasn't tainted with pointless loyalties to other lands and, so far as d'Artagnan knew, there were no family here to sway him here or there. Off handily, the blood bay gave a quick gaze about them and then turned back to the stud. Answering the query in his normal rugged tones "Helovia is the name of the land as a whole. At the moment you stand in it's entrance... I must say your markings are intriguing" his head, to d'Artagnan's surprise, arched a little to view the bolts on his face. There weren't many unicorns as tall as himself, let alone taller.

He paused to gage his audience before continuing onwards, careful what information he let slip before he got to know the stallion. "I come from the mountains far to the north with our brothers and sisters" as he spoke he nodded to the lightening boy's horn, eyes cautious and curious, and then to the North of the wood and back in the direction he had come from. d'Artagnan paused for the last time, shaking his dark mane with a clink of his blue amulet. A symbol of the Moon, just like his tattoo.

"My name is d'Artagnan, what is yours brother?" He informed the stud, with a slight lift of his head. The shade was quite proud of his name, it was powerful and intimidating, much to his enjoyment. It added to his rather large (and still growing) ego.

[ooc; sorry for your wait D:]

filled with rage

Unregistered
farenjer

"Helovia is the name of the land as a whole. At the moment you stand in it's entrance... I must say your markings are intriguing" He felt the curious eyes of the other Unicorn scan his own markings. Farenjer only looked back to see he also had very rare markings too. He shrugged a little in his thoughts at least he doesn't stand out in any crowd of equines. Yes rare markings on all equines is something proud to carry, though Farenjer hated the fact that he would always stand out in crowds. With the screeching static coursing through where lightning had blessed him. It made him remember how he made a small filly scarred because of the marking in his eye. They seemed so cold and icy to her. He replied to the Stallion with a edging curiosity in his voice. "Your markings are also intriguing. I have never seen another with such markings." Observing the crescent carvings into the others flank.
Moving on with the main subject, the other Unicorn spoke "I come from the mountains far to the north with our brothers and sisters" Brothers and Sisters? He is in a herd? Farenjer felt a spark of wondering touch into his other normal appearing eye. The forelock of black hair still in his eye, he waved it back to see better. Allowing others to view the two eyes. "My name is d'Artagnan, what is yours brother?" The other asked. Farenjer spoke "My name is Farenjer. I come from the Amp Plains where storms never leave, and lightning will strike at a skip of a heartbeat." He sighed a little before continuing to the other "Though... It's a smaller realm with only but lone equines. I approach this realm Helovia. To see if I can find where my journey takes me." With the last touch of his voice, he listened for the others response with some curiosity and pleasure of having company.

-- Patrick Rothfuss

d'Artagnan grunted, he wondered if the stud would find it more intriguing if he knew that the shade had gained them by dabbling with the Moon Goddess. Or whether the boy had ever met a horse like his son, Mesec, a demi-god that could make the world fall to his hooves. Or so the shade thought. The conversation shifted again and d'Artagnan perked his ears to the others name, Farenjer, and listened to where he had come from. Amp Plains? "Invigorating" was his bland reply, trying to imagine the appeal in it. The name wasn't familiar to the stag but that wasn't all that surprising, he wasn't known for his memory nor being well travelled. The blood bay simply went where he needed to go, and that was that. Though Farenjer's description of his former land slightly explained the lightening on his face, it did seem that mother nature liked leaving her marks on others.

The Nightshade pondered over the stallion before him. Not sure whether the stud agreed with his views on other species or not, maybe in time he would find out. For now Psyche allowed any with a horn and loyalty to their chosen herd into the Basin, and so it was d'Artagnan's duty to one; deduce whether the stud could be trusted and two; convince this Farenjer to follow him to the mountains. Taking a crop of grass, the shade spoke between chews, watching each reaction as he spoke. "Maybe I can help you in your journey, Farenjer, our herd is always in need of strong stallions such as yourself. All we'd ask for is your loyalty to our herd and in exchange you'll have a place to call home."

d'Artagnan let his eyes wander around and turned his body away slightly, as if preparing to go back home. Speaking one last time in his gruff tones "feel free to continue travelling if my offer doesn't catch your interest... Brother."

filled with rage

Farenjer Posts: 68
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hands :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Loulou
farenjer

"Maybe I can help you in your journey, Farenjer, our herd is always in need of strong stallions such as yourself. All we'd ask for is your loyalty to our herd and in exchange you'll have a place to call home." Farenjer was in deep thought through his mind for now. And didn't know what to do for a moments thought after the words were spoken. He carefully took a second to think, and looked at the other unicorn. His normal eye glistened with some eagerness. He would help him? And with such a generous welcoming offer? How can anyone resist such a tempting offer thrown at him. It is like a treat being handed to a dog, he will come for it with desire of tasting the treat, but would stop before devouring the offering treat and inhale it's scents before choosing to eat it. Farenjer was exactly doing this, he thought for a moment before a positive decision. What bad could possibly come to this? Would he be treated strangely for his looks?

He gently bit his tongue, fiddling with his mind. Watching the Stallion as he took a chomp of the green grass that grew from the Earth. Than he turned away from Farenjer as if with body language going to depart from him. "feel free to continue travelling if my offer doesn't catch your interest... Brother." With a gruff tone in his throat. He had to make a decision now. Would he rather travel throughout Helovia alone, or together with a herd. Keeping a neutral face, he spoke. "I will come with you..." The precious words came. Which he knew would possibly change his life for the better, as not a wanderer but part of a herd now. Walking up beside D'Artagnan he spoke again. "Lead on brother." With a small smile curling his lips. He blinked, and waited to go in the direction to the herd that would soon he would be apart of.