the Rift

Prevailing Winds (Open/New)

Storm Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I was high up in the sky soaring above tree tops. I saw gray mountains in the distance enveloped by mist. The sunset was hitting my back, lighting up my mane, and fur to a bright orange outline. My storm blue eyes gleamed in the light, and wind tickled my feathers. An updraft caught me upwards, but I fought against it, diving back down to the ground. Besides, I wanted to see the forest before complete darkness took over the whole place.

I finally found a gap space through the trees, and landed safely on the ground. My black hooves touched my ground, and the trees seemed to be casting darker shadows over me. The place was still lighted up with the sun's dying light. The trees and place were illuminated red. Such a peaceful time of the day. The birds were still out chirping their last song before they had to fly back to their perches and sleep.

I sighed to myself and looked around. Bucks were still in the clearing fighting each other, charging and ramming themselves against each other. I heard a crunch as their horns clashed together. I slightly winced, but it was nothing compared to the wars I fought back home. I saw some flowers starting to open up. Night flowers, eh? I went over to a patch of grass and munched on it. I didn't realize how starved I was until I had a patch of the juicy, moist grass in my mouth. I couldn't stop eating, for I had flown days without stop. I was exhausted.

I folded my wings in and walked around the forest exploring. I wasn't going to open my wings for the rest of the night. Just when I thought I could get some rest from my exhausting journey, I heard some hoof steps approach from behind me, and I whirled around to face who was going to meet me. I was a little bit anxious, from fighting battles with others along the way here. But I wasn't going to attack, unless the opponent made the first move on me.