the Rift

Henbane [Rapha]

Rapha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

R A P H A

Rapha is watching the sky burst into colors, mouth slack and ever so slightly open in pure amazement. I want to be able to do that. The little dun shifts a leg, resting his weight and letting his eyes comb the glorious ribbons of color glistening across the thick bands of stars. It is then he notices a blackened form roaming into the lands, and he wonders if it is the one who had attacked him that day so much earlier. Then his gaze drifts back upward. If he imagines really hard, he can almost see the leaping caribou and dancing wolves. He can almost see the roaring bears... and he sees himself, finally a unicorn, horn glistening, running and bucking across a field of green.

The tiniest of sighs escape him and he glances around nervously. Master is probably asleep- so maybe he could go for a walk. For a moment his mind duels a battle of wills, before his restless legs win over and he begins to move downwards, towards the valley. The grass is cool, damp with dew, and he shivers in surprise as he glances into the oily water of the lake. It glistens with stars and greens and violets and indigos, bursting richly with colour and elegance, and Rapha can see himself, a tiny black creature walking through the heavens above. But then he trips, and he is back on earth.

All of a sudden, Rapha finds himself somehow next to d'Artagnan grumbling about being hungry. The timid little mouse finds himself saying, quite quietly, "The grass is good by the lake, sir Time Mender sir." Then his mouth closes with an audible snap and he gives a little start of shock, wondering what the hell he was doing speaking to unicorns. Hadn't Master told him off for doing this?

i'm a COWARD, a LIAR, and totally, utterly pathetic- I ADMIT IT

Messages In This Thread
Henbane [Rapha] - by d'Artagnan - 01-11-2013, 03:37 PM
RE: Henbane [Rapha] - by Rapha - 01-11-2013, 05:12 PM
RE: Henbane [Rapha] - by d'Artagnan - 01-30-2013, 09:35 AM