the Rift

A new abode [joining]

Indy Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

He was a snake. Every fiber of Indy's body resonated with his judgement, but the stallion remained stone faced as the other spoke of his desire to make the Foothills his home. Viserys spoke of Mirage and a group called The Qian, but unlike his mate, Indy didn't know who she was or what the group stood for so the recommendation was useless to him. The other stallion continued on to speaking of Solstice meeting him in the Threshold. Indy withheld the young mare's name out of feeling that she had not given it to him for a specific reason. Maybe she had gotten the same feeling from him that he had. Maybe she'd noticed the stiffness in his body and face as he forced himself to speak kind words.

An ear tilted as the sound of hoofsteps drifted toward them, followed moments later by the brothers Mayrn and Maskan. They spoke of Mirage as well but Indy was more inclined to listen to them then he was this strange newcomer. He stood, allowing the warriors to circle the new stallion, watching him for any sign of aggression or slip in his facade. Seconds later Solstice arrived and agreed with one of the brother's sentiments that the stallion reeked of sex. Indy, however, would not hold that against him. It was in a stallion's nature to venture to the grove and mares often waited there. However ... if the stallion took an unwilling mare that was another situation entirely.

The Chief turned to Maskan as he addressed him, speaking once more of Mirage and the Qian. "One night." With his sister. Indy snorted in disgust, already assuming the worst from the stallion who had crossed his borders. Madyrn echoed Indy's sentiments, causing the stallion to snort once more, before settling his gaze on Viserys. "I don't trust you." He said point blank. "After what our warriors have come to say I wonder if I should even permit you a chance to live among us." He wondered what Gossamer would say if he turned someone away without even giving them a fair chance. He had a feeling that she wouldn't be thrilled about it. "I will, however, give you that chance." He then turned his head to Maskan. "I want you and your brother to keep an eye on him. If he does anything suspicious I want to know."

Indy then looked at Viserys again. "Mares in this herd are treated as equals." He warned the small, pale stallion. "You demand nothing of them. If I find out you do .." Indy trailed off then chuckled. "Let's just say geldings are far less demanding and more in control of their more base desires."
sxc.hu, Sooty-Bunnie, AlaskaStock, and ilovearies

Messages In This Thread
A new abode [joining] - by Viserys - 07-02-2012, 05:20 PM
RE: A new abode [joining] - by Indy - 07-02-2012, 05:43 PM
RE: A new abode [joining] - by Viserys - 07-02-2012, 06:09 PM
RE: A new abode [joining] - by Madyrn Maskan - 07-02-2012, 07:36 PM
RE: A new abode [joining] - by Solstice - 07-02-2012, 10:52 PM
RE: A new abode [joining] - by Indy - 07-03-2012, 07:00 AM
RE: A new abode [joining] - by Viserys - 07-03-2012, 07:29 PM
RE: A new abode [joining] - by Smoke - 07-03-2012, 08:18 PM
RE: A new abode [joining] - by Madyrn Maskan - 07-04-2012, 06:12 PM
RE: A new abode [joining] - by Gossamer - 07-06-2012, 04:30 PM