Curious [open]
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
SEVEN DAYS TO THE POISON
AND A PLACE IN HEAVEN

Was it such an odd thing to ask of, for her to ease his mind? To help him know that they, his kin, were safe, and sound? If her silence was anything to go by, it was — concerned, he peered at her, wondering if maybe she'd lost of sight of him, his world, his voice. He could still see her, at least, but maybe it didn't go both ways? It frustrated him that he couldn't see her face, read her expressions, her eyes.. catch a glimpse of her thoughts, written in the lines, the set of her head. A shimmer and he thought she'd tilted it, and in his own world he frowned slightly, watching her ethereal form intently. Her voice, dream-like in its quality, carried through the ages — was that hesitation, or just his mind playing tricks? At least she sort of agreed, and he let out a quiet, barely visible, sigh. What had she expected, anyway? For him to lay a grand quest at her feet, ending in the glorious battle where she defeated a powerful demon, and freed him from his shackles? The notion made him smile, briefly and bitterly. If only he had the answers, he gladly would've shared them, but without even knowing why he was here, it was hard to figure out how to counter it. Day by day it got harder just to stay alive and somewhat sane.

She was persistent about helping him, to the point where it almost frustrated him, but he quenched it; she was just trying to help, to be good, do something noble and right. He had no reason, no need, to rain on her parade.. it was just, he didn't know. And if he didn't know, how could he possibly tell her?

Shimmering and translucent he swept forward, closing the distance between them, and lowered his head in a sudden, forceful arc. Muzzle and horn cut through hers, falling right through her incorporeal form, and where they intersected he felt cold, clammy, as if a ghost had touched him.

Maybe one had.

With a sorrowful darkness she probably couldn't see lingering around his eyes Mauja withdrew a step, returning the space of the living to her; he was but a shadow in her realm, had no place, no right. "We cannot touch. I don't know why I'm here, or where I am. I don't know what caused me to be here. I am at a complete loss. I will not reject your help, but I cannot tell you what to do, for I do not know." Mauja sighed, glancing at the sky. He had been able to walk a ways with Onni, but time ran out for everything, and if he walked with Vy they'd not get anywhere before he flickered out, lost contact, and disappeared. "I do appreciate that you want to help me, Vy, but I don't know what anyone can do about this..." He lowered his eyes for a moment; perhaps he had a cunning enemy, who had trapped him here, but who? Mirage had got what she wanted. Kri just wanted him to stay away, and he certainly did. Paladin — was he vindictive enough to want to wipe Mauja out, away, without having asked of his heart?

"If my lack of answers is not enough, ask the Gods. Ask Earth. He's the calmest of the three..." Mauja had a notion the Sun didn't like him, and the Moon was fickle, but Earth, Earth was steady. Perhaps he would know.

Perhaps I am too faithless.
Mauja the Frostheart
This is where heroes and cowards part ways
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
Curious [open] - by Vy - 01-12-2013, 12:01 AM
RE: Curious [open] - by Mauja - 01-18-2013, 11:01 AM
RE: Curious [open] - by Vy - 01-19-2013, 10:08 PM
RE: Curious [open] - by Mauja - 01-20-2013, 11:57 AM
RE: Curious [open] - by Vy - 01-22-2013, 03:22 PM
RE: Curious [open] - by Mauja - 01-24-2013, 04:55 AM
RE: Curious [open] - by Vy - 01-27-2013, 09:47 PM