the Rift

...::Long Time Gone::...{Open/All}

Gossamer the Benevolent Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16hh :: 13
Illusion{Illu}

Gossamer The Benevolent
"Where there is desire there is gonna be a flame, where there is a flame someone is bound to get burned"

She had laid there for what might be hours, relishing in the ability to relax in the new warmth, when a slightly larger "whoosh" was perceived in the breeze. Hmm, a Pegasus perhaps? It was a large one if it was only a Pegasus. Was the state of the land such that they had been forced from the Throat to the Blue? Dear Kri had fallen far if that was true.

Despite the mare's somewhat reserved nature around her, Gossamer had always enjoyed their mutual dislike of the white demon Mauja. No, she doubted anyhorse would make this land their herdland. Whatever it was, it was, in her experience, certainly not likely to be friendly. Moments later the sand was wracked by the most gigantic, thudding tremors she had ever felt.

Lazulli, still laying next to her, commented, "Now that's a bit of an exaggeration love." a mental scoff was her return, "Perhaps, but that knowledge is still not going to get me to open my eyes before I get eaten." She'd heard storied of cannibals, perhaps this was one, come to feast upon her dead flesh. Oh no indeed, she was not to keen on opening her eyes now.
"You're being overly dramatic"
"No, I'm not."

She sensed a shift in her blue dragon's demeanor then, as if he had recognized someone they once knew. Soon his voice fingered its way into her mind once more. "Regardless of whether or not you want to open your eyes, you really ought to Heart." Chirruped Lazulli. His comment did not have the desired effect, however, as her quick reply was a pouty, "No". Her eyes remained stubbornly shut until her very own name reached her ears. Gossamer, that voice, it was familiar. She crooked open the eye which was not in the sand, ever so slightly, and was greeted with the sight of her old friend Mirage.

That realization was followed by a large release of held breath and her entire body releasing its pent up tension as she spoke. "Mirage" was the first word which was uttered. It was ridden with emotion. But, following that, it lightened a bit, Thank the gods its only you. That loud entrance had me worried" And, though she wanted nothing more than to remain in the warm sand, she proceeded to extricate herself from her bed or pity to stand before the shadowy mare. With a lazy shake of her hide she looked about for Mirage's lover, Vikram, but could not see any other horse. Curious she quirked her head at her friend and said, "As a matter of fact, I don't see Vikram around anywhere, what was the cause of that?" She wasn't quite ready yet to explain the emotion which was in her voice, nor to inquire about what was held in the other mare's. It was better, for her at least, to make some small talk first.

Messages In This Thread
...::Long Time Gone::...{Open/All} - by Gossamer - 01-12-2013, 03:39 AM
RE: ...::Long Time Gone::...{Open/All} - by Gossamer - 01-12-2013, 06:12 PM