the Rift

A Wanderer's Tale [OPEN-apollo]

Nadira Posts: 76
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

Cascading steps set in motion the milky maiden into the thistle meadow. Waves of silk rippled against her elegantly relaxed nape. There was something about the star lit night. The pale moon fought to be seen through the migrating clouds and with every chance it got, the moon’s light danced on her bloodless form. Her silhouette was almost a transparent figurine under the night sky as she traveled over the meadow. She wasn’t completely lost. Only having the need to wander, to ponder. She had only conversed with two other creatures that day. One had other alliances to keep, but the second had given her an invitation to the Foothills. An invitation she had not turned down. But the interaction had left her in a disarray of thoughts and emotions.

Glacier sapphire pools idly surveyed the scenery confining her. Tall, skinny weeds brushed themselves up against her limbs, as she kept moving under the black clothed sky. There was little commotion and she found the tranquility of the silent night to be a comfort. For the most part, the equidae family were not nocturnal animals, so the loneliness that filled the open meadow was welcomed by the unicorn. She needed this time to herself, to contemplate the day that had played out, and the events that had taken place. She was still trying to overcome her findings and understandings of who she was and is, and the strange creatures she was meeting, and coming in contact with.

The resonance of water, coursing through the heart of the meadow, was music to her little ears. There was something about the serenity of rushing water that calmed the mare, and brought restfulness to her weary bones. There were only so many voyages the bones of a wanderer’s could withstand, and she was at that point. She reached where the ground dipped to hold the basin of fresh spring liquid that glistened. A small, dainty muzzle reached with greedy lips to drink the sweetness that cooled her parched throat. Delight filled her with each sip. But just because the serenity of the meadow was still, did not mean danger was not lurking in the depths or shallows of the shadows. She would still have to be on her guard. Her pristine hearing went to work in conjunction with her night vision capabilities. Nothing compared to a snake’s night vision, but it was comparable to that of a cats.

Her thoughts crowded her cranium, fighting to be heard. She had learned she was not the last of her kind, but that her customs were rare and were hardly to be shared among those who thrived in this new world she had been thrown into. It was quite a lovely place, but still new to her. Her soul had been rekindled to it rightful bearing existence, and she still had yet to find herself again. Little bits and pieces of her past seemed to trickle to the forefront of her memory, with each hoof placed upon the soil. She had just mastered the natural step of embracing her four limbs, instead of the two that the humans were blessed with. With no hands to cup the water in, it was another feat she was working on to accomplish. Becoming reacquainted with water droplets sticking to her whiskers like dew on the grass come dawn.

She wondered if this land she had accepted to call her home, would have a need of her skills. She was no warrior. That she could put to rest with assurance. A healer… there was a possibility in that she brooded over. But she would give anything to share her tales. Who knew, maybe she would learn something new of herself by sharing these adventures, trials and tribulations that she had taken part in. Not by choice, she reminded herself. But there had to be reason behind it all. Why it had all happened, and to her? She still hadn’t received any answers on that half of her new understanding to who she was. She could only hope within time, she would get her answers. Until then, she would have to make do with meeting anyone and everyone she could. Finding herself again was her main focus.

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty

Tamira Posts: 60
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
RayoDeSoleil
[Image: tamtable.png]

TAMIRA

I do not know where to go anymore.

I had accepted an invitation to the Dragon's Throat, when I had first arrived here, in Helovia. But could I truly call it home when my so-called family did not know my secrets? I had run from them, hiding my true self, and in doing so, had found the one with whom I could truly relax: Thor. I had found myself at his mercy as I had one of my many blackouts; for the first time, when I awoke, someone was still there. With that he had gained my trust, my adoration, my - dare I say it? - love. And he resided in the World's Edge. Our herds were not enemies, of course, but I felt guilty for considering leaving. After all, they had offered me a home, and who was I to simply leave without a backward glance?

And was I right to do so? The Edge was no more my family than was the Throat. It was Thor, and Thor only, that enticed me to join their ranks. Surely I owed my former home more than that? But then, what had they done to make me feel welcome? Only Midas had been truly welcoming, and it was mainly Midas of whom I thought. But we had not shared love, and if the stories were to be held as true, one must follow one's heart, must one not?

It was night, and I found myself completely alone. I suppose that the night is generally heralded by sleep, but on this night, I was not tired. Instead I had wandered from the reaches of the herdlands and into the Thistle Meadow. Tendrils of grass reached up my limbs, brushing ever-so-gently at my belly. The bubbling of running water caught my attention, and upon my approach, I took note of another figure. Odd, that one should be out this late, but I was, and so why would another not be? I took pause, wondering if I should simply slip away, not disturb the unknown mare; but then I realized that she had like as not sensed my presence already, and it would be rude to leave without a word.

I took slow steps until I had drawn alongside her, far enough that we each had space, but close enough that she could have my companionship, should she choose to do so. I dipped my cranium to the water, one lobe holding her position. Surely she would not attack unprovoked, but one hears the strangest stories these days. Especially of the unicorns. I wondered if I had made a mistake to appear here, without warning, to take a place beside her as though I belonged. But it was done now, and one could not take back one's actions. This I knew all too well.

"talk"

If love is surrender, then whose war is it anyway?

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

"It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for;

Night had fallen on Helovia, sending the land spiraling into a nearly unrecognizable home of shadows and darkness. Never had Apollo stayed one whole night in the Deep Forest, where he called home alongside the other members of the Grey. The thick forests were already dark during the daylight hours, and to see them in the darkness of night was something that the black and white overo wished to avoid at all costs. He hadn’t spoken of that fear to anyone else. If he did, the stallion feared that perhaps the Grey would call him a coward and shun him from their family, and then there was Phaedra…

Oh, what would she do if she found out that he feared the dark, as well as the churning depths of water? Would she toss her pretty head back and laugh at him? No, no, surely she wouldn’t. Phaedra was his friend, or… At least, he hoped she was. Whether or not that was true, the two hadn’t spoken about it, and quite frankly Apollo hadn’t felt it was his place to ask the beautiful Pegasus such a personal question. After all; one couldn’t make someone their friend, much like one couldn’t make someone fall in love. Pity… He was rather fond of the tawny beauty.

Letting out a little sigh, the Unicorn stag moved slowly through the brush of the Thistle Meadow. He had come to the meadow, as he did every night, to avoid sleeping in the forest. Luckily for him, the vast plains of the meadow were along the border of the Deep Forest, so it offered him a place where he could sleep under the immeasurable starry sky, safe from the creeping shadows that lingered in the darkness. It was a foal’s fear, he knew, but much like his hydrophobia, Apollo simply couldn’t help it.

Head lowered as he moved, Apollo’s honey-brown eyes scanned the grassy land, searching for a place where he could rest for the night. Even though the moon was half hidden behind the confines of the migratory clouds, it was a lot brighter here than it was in the forest. Simply thinking about it made him shudder, his muscles twitching involuntarily. It was during this search, however, that the overo noticed that he wasn’t alone in the fields tonight. How strange it was, that others would be out this late at night…

Apollo knew immediately that he didn’t recognize either individual, his kind brown eyes appraising both mares, unsure if he should approach or not. One mare was a Unicorn, much like himself, but her coat was a beautiful shade similar to a fresh snowfall. The second mare, only a tad bit shorter than he was, bore a coat of the finest of chocolates, tousled with a radiant ivory mane and tail. They were both beautiful in their own way, but in the overo’s eyes, it was Phaedra’s natural beauty that reigned supreme above all others. It was unfair, however, to compare these two mares to the Pegasus when he didn’t even know them…

Hesitating, Apollo made up his mind and began his slow trek down to the river. The sound of the water came to his ears and instantly filled his breast with sharp apprehension, but he did his best to calm himself. The water couldn’t hurt him if he stayed away from the shore, simple as that. Not wanting to intrude, but not wanting to startle them either, the Unicorn stallion cleared his throat politely before speaking, honey-brown eyes darting from the silvered Unicorn to the chocolate equine.

“I hope I’m not intruding, but… I’m just surprised to see that there are others out tonight. It’s not very often that any horses venture to the Thistle Meadow in the middle of the night.” His head dipped lower and then turned to the side, crystalline horn pointed away from both mares. It wouldn’t do any good for them to think he was a threat… Honestly, he was the furthest from a threat that there could be. He then offered them a shy, somewhat uncomfortable smile. “My name’s Apollo.”

I can never fight for myself, but, for others, I can kill."

Hidden Account
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

Fireflies flickered over the meadow, a private light show dancing over the tall grassland. The crickets sung a lullaby and the frogs joined in. Everyone was tucked away, nestled down for the night, except for those who were nocturnal, or couldn’t sleep. To the white unicorn, this was worthwhile, heaven at night. How many things one missed during slumber. Sure there were dreams to fill your pretty head, but the experience was so much more than dreaming of it. With silence, she kept to her side of the brook, quietly sipping the refreshing liquid. In boredom, her tail carelessly lapped her flanks.

Hoof falls denoted another approaching her side. It was peculiar how they had chosen to be at this exact location at this unusual hour, but she could only assume the chocolate mare thought the same of her. She seemed apprehensive about approaching and the unicorn thought it strange. She was not the type to go looking for trouble. And for the most part, she had failed to advert them. But never the less, a kind nod was given to the equine mare. She was about to introduce herself, but felt the presence of yet another enter into the meadow. Curious now, she arched her nape sideways, to view the newcomer. This time, a stallion, as his scent gave him up.

With keenness, she noticed his hesitation and nervousness. She could only assume most of his actions were because of surprise. Well, she concluded, they all were quite perplexed by the popular decision to meet at such a specific spot at such an awkward time. His honey-brown orbs danced between the two mares as she could sense him readying himself for words to speak. They came with a bow, more of a slight dip; a gesture of polite greeting the unicorn was well familiar with.

“I hope I’m not intruding, but… I’m just surprised to see that there are others out tonight. It’s not very often that any horses venture to the Thistle Meadow in the middle of the night.”

And then an anxious smile arose on his snout as he introduced himself as Apollo. A fur coat as black as she was white, with a splash of snow, to add contrast to his canvas, covered him. He, too, carried a common feature, though of crystal blue his was, a horn. It was easier for her to find common ground and favor her kind over others, but was that not normal to any specie?

She didn’t know what is was with these creatures she kept meeting up with, but a barrier of surprise, or apprehension, nervousness, or uneasiness seemed to overwhelm them. Was it really her doing? Was she really that… different? Was it her kind that had made a bad name for themselves, here in Helovia? Granted where she had come from, before her time on Earth, she could faintly remember four dragons living in her world. None of which really liked the unicorns. And of course there were other creatures who had traveled the portal from Earth, to the unicorns world, unwelcomed, of course, but her kind had been generous, to some, in letting them take refuge there, instead of dying Earth.

Earth had once been magical. Thriving with unicorns, and other magical beasts. But the humans had driven them all out. For the safety of their lives, all the creatures fled. And now Earth was dying. Holding only that of which little magic was still believed in by those who chose. Which were very few.

Taking her own hind hoof a step back, she too dipped her crown, with a more pronounced bow then probably need be, but it was her custom, and she would not be changed into something she was not. Even if the equine mare found this practice to be ancient, the bloodless unicorn did not care. But for formalities sake, she too volunteered her calling to the two new companions before her. With a nightingale’s song, her lyrics rung from her lips, delicate and sweet. Her tone was welcoming and soft to hear, and pleasant to the ear.

"I am NADIRA, and no, you are not intruding."

Apollo’s surprise, she supposed was no surprise at all, in all actuality. She waited for the other mare to introduce herself, before turning to the stag and addressing his apology.

"I find it only but a little strange, Apollo that we should meet on such a night in a place like this."

She raised her sight to the night sky and pointed out the full moon.

"I do not know how well versed you are, but where I come from, a full moon does strange things to those who live. It is the new moon you must be wary of."

NADIRA brought back her gaze to the two as she let her words trail off. She wondered what their story was. Why they happened to be out on a full moon. She hadn’t really taken a notice, until the black one had spoken it. Only then had it dawned on the white mare, that is wasn’t so strange after all. Maybe it was a sign, if anything but of what?

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty

Hidden Account
s3ilver
bump :)

Tamira Posts: 60
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
RayoDeSoleil
[OOC | I'm so sorry, lovelies, life got in the way <3]

[Image: tamtable.png]

TAMIRA

I had always been a firm believer in the gods. I did not always believe that they were on my side - after all, what cruel trickster would plague me with this strange affliction? What could have been the purpose behind making me look consciousness, only to wake up alone, time after time? Had it truly been their will that I be cast from my family, flung to the far reaches of the world? But now, my faith was being renewed: perhaps it was their plan, that I should end up here, with Thor, with my love... was he my love...?

Regardless, I often hold that things happen for a reason, and so when yet another unicorn appeared, I began to wonder if perhaps we hadn't all come there, on the same night, at the same time, for a reason. It seemed a valid argument - after all, why else would three random strangers just happen upon each other in the middle of a field? Coincidence? Perhaps, but I thought not. But then, that may prove to just be blind faith, one day.

I was the last to speak, having drifted into my own private reverie. "Apollo, Nadira... it is lovely to meet you both, though I agree that the setting is, perhaps, a bit odd." I laugh softly, taking a moment to place their looks in my memory. I had not met many in this land, and though I feared dependence on others, I was becoming lonely. Except for Thor - and Midas, another voice added i the back of my mind, scolding me for forgetting - I had no friends here. In truth, I hadn't even met anyone else until now. I really must be more social in the future.

Which, I would be if it didn't terrify me to make friends. "My name is Tamira," I added, dipping my head in a polite bow. I remained silent and Nadira pondered the meaning of the moon, and I considered her words carefully. I have always been interested in the gods and their omens, of course, but my terrors did not wax and wane with the moon. "The moon is a beautiful thing, full or otherwise. In my admittedly limited experience, she has had little effect on the world, save for the tides... but then, I would be the first to say that I know little of the world. Where is it that you come from that speaks so of the moon?"

"talk"

If love is surrender, then whose war is it anyway?

Hidden Account
s3ilver
*bump* Hey guys, I will be gone from Jan 18-Feb 3 on my honeymoon, if you are cool with continuing it when I get back

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil
[OOC | Sure, hon! Congratulations, by the way! :) Have fun!!]
[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.