the Rift

Hidden Mind [Open]

Verenia Rinta Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
verenia rinta
I’ve drawn regret from the truth of a thousand lies
'Crazy.
No, I wasn't. I'm not crazy. I'm normal. Like my mother. Why does everyone think I'm crazy? I'm not mentally ill. No. NO!'

The mare had wandered around among the trees since she'd arrived, endlessly discussing her true mental health - with herself. She did not know what was wrong, and what was right.
Not anymore. Her white and stripy mane looked like a rat's nest, same with her tail. She didn't look healthy or sane. At all. Her eyes were open-wide with small pupils. The mare looked strange.
Strange...

"No, not crazy. Sane. Very sane. Not cr-cra-crazy." As she wandered around in the forest, her head was moving with her steps and if you saw her; Well, you wouldn't like to sit down for a chat.
Verenia stopped and laid down on the mossy ground. Illness. Ill.
Noo. She wasn't ill. She was healthy. Perfectly healthy. Not insane. The ghosts still thought that she was crazy. And ugly. And horrible at talking.
They always insulted her. Every single thing she did, an insult from them.
Every. Single. Thing.

They even insulted her thoughts. Her thoughts. You would think that they couldn't get inside your head, but they can. They can, they want to and they will. Your opinion didn't matter.
Verenia closed her eyes and tried to concentrate on the birdsong that was the melody of the forest nowadays. The birds always sung nice for her, keeping her company until some creature scared them off. And her.
Where was she anyways? She had forgotten the name of this place.
But not her name. Not this time. And she had a voice. Yes, she did.
"Aaaaahhh...." Yes, her voice was still there. Loud and clear.

ooc: I love this girl XD
word count: 286

Kanti Posts: N/A
Unregistered
The filly wondered through the Foothills. This was starting to become a whole different land for her. What once was a place of greenery and love was disintegrating before her eyes, and it seemed to go into a world all it’s own. The leaves fell from the trees, replacing the newly spring trees. The bark turned to ash, killing the once living trees that had lived hundreds of years in peace and harmony. The grass died, shriveled up and retreated into the ground. The ground lost is water, and it soon started to thin and crack, forming a desert in its place. The land turned from that of a thriving, beautiful place to a distant, restless place, almost like that of a futuristic apocalypse. The young mare knew it was all in her head, but she had begun to feel like it would become a reality. Is there anything she could do to fix this world, to change it? Could she heal it? She needed to talk to this new leader, Jackal. He called himself The King of Thieves…was that really the title of the leader of a peaceful land deserved? She wondered if this land was still as peaceful as it had been when she had lived there before her kidnapping. She suddenly wondered where Sandman was. She wanted him, no, needed him. She was scared, and she didn’t want to be alone. And just like that, she wasn’t. There was another mare, lying on some moss in the shade. She was talking, but the words were jumbled to her. The filly was suddenly scared, for some unknown reason. But she dismissed the thought as herself being silly. “Hello there, I don’t think we’ve met, my name is Kanti, what is yours?”

Verenia Rinta Posts: N/A
Unregistered
verenia rinta
I’ve drawn regret from the truth of a thousand lies
Noise. Disturbance.
She wasn't alone. Not physically. Someone else was there as well, standing not so far away from her. Coming closer.
Verenia turned her head towards the youngling that had come close, staring at her with her dual colored eyes. Her forelock had fallen to the side of her face so that her orbs were fully visible.
"Khantii?" The mare stood up and looked at the young mare. Her legs almost let her down for a moment, but she re-found her balance and looked at Kanti with raised head.

"Verrrenia Rrrintta." She still had some problems with the pronouncing of her name in this strange language, but she would get better. She would.
Sometime.
The presence of the spirits was strong and she saw their silhuettes in the corners of her eyes. They would never leave her alone. Especially not when another soul was near by.
"We not alonne." The mare glanced at the darker woods behind her and then looked at Kanti again. She meant that the spirits were right behind them, ready to listen to any conversation as possible. Preferably any conversation that Verenia self had.

It was uncomfortable, even though she'd gotten used to it by now. They had followed her since she got kicked out of Kirinia.
Damn eavesdroppers.
They just wanted to harm her, that's all they wanted. Maybe they wanted to harm this youngling as well, even if it was for no reason at all.
They were meaaan creatures, invisible to everyone but her.
Damn eavesdroppers.

ooc: :3
word count: 253