the Rift

I'm the fire that burns [CLOSED]

Azzaron Posts: 85
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17 hh :: 10 years Buff: NOVICE
Dark
With ears perked I nod, listening to the words of the chocolate mare. My lungs grasp for air desperately and I hack away. If only my quest were over or easier in some way. I think to myself, huffing. I stand there, I'm far enough in the water so it's just high enough to brush the bottom of my abdomen. My legs are completely engulfed in the water and my wings are draped into the clear and cooling liquid. My hocks still feel as though their burning, and I grunt. The water wasn't exactly helping but it felt good against the heat of the sun.

With all the pain I have I'm surprised I made it this far. From the Steppe to the Throat, it took me awhile but I got here quicker than I expected. Walking was pain wrenching so I flew most of the way. Too bad the Throat wasn't closer. I snort, looking back at the mare, Rowan. I finally speak, my voice hoarse. "Thank you. It would be great if you could call your Sultana." I bow my head slightly to the mare in gratitude while I try and muster a somewhat smile. I raise my head, slowly lifting my feathery appendages and shaking them the slightest bit to get any water off of them. Then I fold them back at my side, looking at the mare with deep red rubies.

Thoughts rambled on in my mind as I wondered how this 'Sultana' looked and acted. Hopefully there was another Sultan or Sultana if this one is too aggressive. I had big plans. Big plans indeed. I look at the creamy maned mare, my voice ringing out, my words directed at her. "So, what is your Sultana like, exactly?" I ask her, staring at her with a serious face. My palomino coat collects the heat of the sun beating down on my back, making me sweat. The salty liquid coats my body in no time, and I dip myself lower into the water. Then I glance back up, checking to see if Rowan was still there. After taking a few gulps of water I lifted my head, waiting for the chocolate mare to speak.
"When you grow old, you will die and rot on the ground,
Other horses will dance when you all crumble, when your kingdom falls.
When your crowns break."

Messages In This Thread
I'm the fire that burns [CLOSED] - by Azzaron - 01-16-2013, 11:30 PM
RE: I'm the fire that burns [Open/Joining] - by Azzaron - 01-20-2013, 11:13 AM
RE: I'm the fire that burns [Open/Joining] - by Sumati - 01-21-2013, 07:36 PM