the Rift

I'm the fire that burns [CLOSED]

Sumati Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

sumati

you glorify the past when the future dries up

The Sinbird stretches her wings tirelessly, playfully to the newly building Birdsong sun. As the second half of Birdsong flew by, the days gradually heated and the dessert grew to a shy simmer. A slight mirage built upon the horizon signaling a warm night as pale clouds lingered high above. The sun sighs, belting down warm dessert rays between the passing clouds. Sumati finishes her midday patrol, glancing into the vast stretch of wavy rock and orange sand watching the thin clouds crawl on by. The Throat truly is one of the purest, most magnificent stretches of land Helovia has to offer, but it too has its flaws. Resources would be intense this summer. The Tallsun before was a baking glimpse of hell itself. Hopefully, the God of the Sun would be much kinder this coming year.

The chocolatey tobiano feels thirst burn in the core of her throat, thinking of the devastating drought of the year before could cause such an eruption of her energy. She unfolds her stretched wings and takes to the skies, soaring to the only source of water in this land, the Dragon's Blood.

The Sinbird's intense hazel gaze flicks downward as she flies, watching the short shrubs fade into a dense oasis. She spots something up ahead, two figurines, one she sees as Rowan. The Sultana tilts her brown-tipped wings to the ground, descending elegantly, finding a place for her tan hooves among the freshwater bank. She regards Rowan with a faint smile, turning then to the palomino newcomer with much intrigue in her bright hazel eyes. She approaches behind him, stepping into the cool lake with respectful forefeet. "Welcome to the Dragon's Throat, traveler," Sumati says with a cordial tone. "I'm Sumati the Sinbird, Sultana of the Throat, leading beside my faithful friend Kri the Resolute. We are happy to have you."

Sumati notices in the way the stallion moves that his legs ache with the painful burn of coming across such a great stretch of land. She slips further in the gentle lake waves, interested in where the pale stallion came from. "I must say that you look awfully tired, if you find your legs throbbing for too much longer please find one of our medics. They'd be glad to help with those aches." After speaking, she dips her honey colored lips to the sweet surface of the cool lake, watching her eyes dance in the reflection. The water feels like a surge of energy through the mare's windpipe.

Messages In This Thread
I'm the fire that burns [CLOSED] - by Azzaron - 01-16-2013, 11:30 PM
RE: I'm the fire that burns [Open/Joining] - by Sumati - 01-21-2013, 07:36 PM