the Rift

Is there something I should know?

Cassiopeia Posts: 171
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hands :: 8 years old
Phantom

She nodded at the wolf's statement. Certainly this meadow was quite a sight to see when the colors were fully intact, and gave it a radiant, lustrous vitality. Even during Frostfall, when the world was frigid and blanketed in a thick mantle of alabaster flakes, the Thistle Meadow was beautiful and vast. Her gaze did not meet the wolf as she talked just yet, her attentions remaining locked upon the being as it proceeded into the trees. "I'm not entirely sure." She averred, voice dripping with admittance.

She then peered back toward her as she stood erect upon her haunches, and listened respectively to her inquisitive voice. "There are many things here that I have found surprising." She confessed, affirming the other female's ascertainment. "But I have learned to love them." A smile had blossomed on her features mid sentence. She hoped Arathea would grow to love this land the way the cobalt dame had. "As for the smoke, I know not for certain of any fire, though I would not doubt the occurrence. You see, there has been a bit of a disturbance in the peace of my home."

She continued. "Three Gods govern Helovia: the God of the Earth, the Goddess of the Moon, and the God of the Sun. Normally they exist in accordance with one another, and maintain a mutual balance among their followers. However, the God of the Sun has become overly zealous." She paused, pondering how to more elaborately explain it to her. "Apparently we have angered him in some way, and he seeks to punish us by making the heat nearly unbearable." She suddenly felt a pang of guilt for not informing her of such things beforehand. She had forgotten that single detail when telling her about this mysterious land. "As far as I can understand, that is the reason the Thistle Meadow, as well as the rest of Helovia, remains as merely an inkling of its former glory." She affirmed it solemnly.

Messages In This Thread
Is there something I should know? - by Arathea - 07-03-2012, 07:53 AM
RE: Is there something I should know? - by NPC - 07-04-2012, 11:14 PM
RE: Is there something I should know? - by Cassiopeia - 07-08-2012, 05:09 PM