the Rift

[Judge] let's play a bloody game [Midas]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Another day. Another soldier to be trained. This was becoming repetitive and only serving to increase anxiety over time being lost, when my attention was obviously needed for more important strife. Problems like hunting down that savage beast that dared to leave a scar upon my baby boy a few weeks back. It was mind blowingly frustrating to know that a decent amount of time had passed without a single lead or hint that would lead me to sought quarry. The beast took to shadow as a friend of darkness, hiding with tail tucked between hocks for comfort. Horn dripping with poison and a mimicking forked tongue…”let the coward hide," I thought through gritted teeth.

We would meet again—of that I was certain.

Duty called, and I was under the obligation to answer. Duty also required that this General travel halfway across Helovia, miles from home—to fight among the snow and ice. Lord help me. Why in the name of Earth did we have to spar in the most desolate location around? The sun hadn’t risen when I was forced from a rather warm bed to take wing into a diamond lite sky. With each heavy stroke, this chilled body drew closer to our frigid meeting spot…though the comfort of arrival did nothing to lighten a grim mood.

Note, was the name of the boy I would face off with today. I called him a boy internally, yet knew nothing personal of this lad. We hadn’t had a chance to cozy up to each other yet, and I had only seen his face in passing between border patrols. Instantly the knowledge, or lack of, sent a pang of realization that succeeded in prying a few ounces of guilt from a strained soul.

Really…it was shameful that my knowledge ended at a glance. Well, that was sure to change. We would meet as brothers, and with any luck a stronger tie would be fashioned within both minds by the end of it.

I approached from on high, shadowing earth just as the first kisses of sunlight began to warm my frosty hide. A pale blue sky ignited with all the colors of fire, lavender and burnt redishorange. Those were the same hues of my little phoenix, which had been unwillingly left behind for tending Cera reasons. It was shortly after this that I noticed a winged lad below. His mocha pelt stood out, almost as sorely as I would when placed up against an icy permafrost backdrop.

Despite being in foul mood from having risen early and flown halfway across the world, I forced a smile upon face to show that I was happy to be here. Body tilted forward until ground drew near and willing frame landed at a sprint. Thrusting daggers kicked up loose particles of snow and ice until I skid to a stop, breath surged a blast of fog that I would swear froze little droplets upon nose moments after leaving mouth. Feathers were shut with abrupt motion, eager to maintain some amount of warmth against my skinned hide. Winter pelt had long since been shed, which left flesh bare of protection against icy wind.

Turning and finding my composure along the way, I finally regarded my new opponent with fresh eyes. Now instead of simply passing a glance, I took in the curve and size; noting that he held height over me and possible strength. Those muscles weren’t something that green soldiers often flaunted early on, “Good morning, brother,” words shot out, not unkind, but a little snippy because each syllable had a noticeable shiver behind it.

This cold was despicable.

“Shall we begin and perhaps warm ourselves in the process?”

His height. His strength. This damn cold. Didn’t lower morale, in fact it made me widen tense beam until ebony features threatened to break apart. This was a test, like all things; and one that I intended to pass with flying colors.

OCC: Post (0/2)

Attack:

Defense:

Injuries:

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: let's play a bloody game [Teaching Spar - Midas] - by Midas - 01-17-2013, 11:51 AM
RE: let's play a bloody game [Midas] - by Note - 01-18-2013, 07:04 PM
RE: let's play a bloody game [Midas] - by Note - 01-25-2013, 09:05 PM
RE: let's play a bloody game [Midas] - by Midas - 01-22-2013, 02:04 PM
RE: let's play a bloody game [Midas] - by Midas - 01-29-2013, 12:25 AM
RE: let's play a bloody game [Midas] - by Note - 02-10-2013, 04:42 PM