the Rift

My Darling Come Back[Descaro/CLOSED]

Leyra Posts: 88
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 3 years
Dark
Leyra's slim blue roan body wandered along, her blue eyes focused on the ground. "Mommy?"Her daughter's voice rang out. Leyra turned her head towards her bay roan child."Yes, darling?"She asked, focused on her daughter's green eyes. Purple flecks were lost in those pools of green. "Where are we going?"Leyra stopped, turning towards her daughter. "Some where important."Leyra smiled, turning away from her child and continuing to walk forwards. She didn't really know why she was going this way. She just needed to get away.

The young appaloosa filly followed her mother to a field of green grass. Birds fluttered along, flapping their wings and landing nearby. Out of curiosity the filly followed one of the birds. Her green eyes focused on the blue bird. It flew along, landing in a tree. The young child stood and watched the blue bird, it whistled a sweet tune. The bird flew towards the filly and landed on her back. She reached her small muzzle towards the bird and sniffed it. The bird suddenly flew away in a hurry, clearly startled by something. When the filly turned her head, her mother smiled at her."Come now child."

Leyra was proud to see her child exploring the world for the first time. As a child Leyra never explored, she preferred to craft things. Making something that worked filled her heart with joy, making that object even better made her proud of herself. She began to sketch something into the dirt with her hooves. A mechanical horse stared back at her from the dirt. She had even drawn the gears that would be used. "Mommy? What's that?"Her daughter stared at the drawing."Nothing, go and play." Her daughter bounded away, following a butterfly. Leyra looked back down at the drawing. Her blue eyes stared down at the dirt. Her mind worked to figure out the materials she would need to make this mechanical horse. She stopped herself from thinking any further. Her gaze returned to her child, enjoying the breeze that brushed against her.

OOC: Leyra won't try to kill Descaro if he comes. xD
WC: 338
I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much,
And my scars remind us the past is real
I tear my heart open, just to feel

[Image: 2jewqqh.jpg]

Descaro Posts: 77
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
imi
With ease did muscles ripple and fold as he walked, a rough chiselled soldier with a face of weathered past. Fur short and thick, splashed with mahogany and a dash of white peaking between two puffing nostrils. All was outlined by masses of bold black mane that hung in limp folds as he moved, the odd strand flicking in gentle breeze. The path was rocky and steep, it lead a hard road up to heaven kissed fields of vibrant green and blue sky, aptly named as it seemed one truly was taking their ascent into the land of angels. So sweet and new were the smells, contrast to his home of jagged mountains a wet snow, the bulk of his body walked sedately into the meadow where he saw a familiar mare and a child. His child.

He knew from the moment the girl's scent entered his inquisitive nose and he watched on in surprise as Leyra stood beside his daughter, who seemed captivated by the movements of a fragile butterfly. Descaro stood a little way away from the mare and watched the roan filly dance in the fields. Eyes agape with strange wonder and his new journey into fatherhood, and it was with that thought that Descaro frowned. No child of his should really spend her life chasing butterflies, she was still young but when those legs grew taller and she stood strong enough by herself, then would the soldier teach her to fight.

For she was the future and she would protect their land along with the other foals of their race. He would make sure of it.
<3 AMY

Deceased
Dark
The young child caught a familiar scent. With a quick turn of her head she spotted a stallion. The filly went quickly to her mother. "Mommy?"She whispered to her mother. Her green eyes were kept focused on the bay stallion."Who's that?"The young roan asked. She stared at the stallion, a crystal horn protruded from his forehead, similar to her own.

Leyra froze at the smell of some one familiar. With her head turned towards him, she scanned his familiar figure. When her child asked her who this stallion was, why she could not speak."H-h-he's your father."She stuttered. Descaro's familiar eyes and bay body seemed to haunt her. The wretched thing he had done made her furious, but she kept her temper."Descaro."She began, her blue eyes settled on him."How nice to see you again."She managed a smile, forcing the corners of her mouth up in the sweetest smile she could manage. "This is you daughter, Frost Fyre, or Frost."Leyra nudged her child closer to the bay unicorn."Go on darling."She whispered.

The young roan stared in awe. My daddy?She thought to herself. With a quick smile she bounded over to him."Hi daddy!"She tilted her head."Have you seen a pegasus?"She asked."Or an equine?"The filly questioned her father."I think unicorns-"But her mother quickly stopped her from further speaking.

Leyra silenced her child by placing her tail over the young bay roan's mouth. She didn't want to hear anymore. Her child had already expressed that she was like her father, believing unicorns were better. When they had been walking here the young filly told her mother all those hateful things about the equines and the pegasi. "She's racist, just like you."Leyra murmured so that only Descaro could hear. This child was too much like her father. Their build was pretty similar. Not only that, but also their beliefs. Leyra wished her child believed all horses were equal. But nevertheless, she could not control her child's thoughts. She looked back up at Descaro, trying to contain herself from attacking him.

OOC: HAPPY BIRTHDAY IMI!! ^^ (I know I'va already said it on DA but oh well!)
WC: 338

Outcast
imi
Descaro watched as the emotions changed on his child's face, flickering his ears to catch the words of Leyra, more interested in his new offspring and evaluating her reaction. The child seemed overwhelmed at first until she finally spoke, 'daddy', how surreal. Descaro struggled to adjust to it, not quite ready for the responsibility of her and silently hoping her mother loved Frost dearly. For the Soldier had no wishes to babysit. He would teach her to fight, to hate those without a horn, to hold herself with dignity and fulfill her duties to the fullest. Leyra could deal with the rest.

With that thought Descaro finally looked up towards the mare, his face curious as he wondered what she was thinking. Truly thinking. Did she hate him? He would be rather disappointed if she didn't, where was the fun in a submissive mare. You'd think she'd have learned from the first time she let her guard down around him. Maybe that was why she kept her distance now, he wondered more, did he frighten her? A cold smile appeared on his features but he frowned at her comment.

Frost, racist already? That was certainly something.

Descaro turned back to the child, what had Leyra been teaching her. He always thought the spotted femme was against racism, so where on earth had his daughter got it from. It can't have been from him, he had only known her for a mere few moments. Maybe she was born with it, as bizarre as it seemed. "How interesting, what on earth have you been teaching her?" His face was cruel as he smiled. A slight accusation in his tone as he questioned the gullible mare who had played into his hooves so willingly.

[ooc; sorry for the wait D:]
<3 AMY

Deceased
Dark
[[It's alright! ^^]]

Leyra was dying of laughter on the inside. Descaro was clearly not taking a liking to his daughter, but he would have to deal with her for the rest of his life. When Descaro question how his daughter was racist, well, Leyra didn't know. "I have no idea. She just seemed to develop the racism. I never taught her anything." Leyra tilted her head, smiling a bit. "She reminds me of you sometimes." This comment was true, and Leyra looked at Descaro with her deep blue eyes. Her daughter was standing there, still admiring her father. Leyra swept her tail over her daughter's back, signalling for her to speak.

The little babe listened closely to her parents. Her daddy wanted to know what her mother had been teaching her. "Well, mommy taught me nothing! I just think that we unicorns were made with crowns on our heads! Since the gods thought that we were the best and fit to rule over the other horses!" The roan child voiced her opinion to her father, wishing for him to like her only a little better than he already did. He seemed a bit disgusted at first, that is until her mother told her father she was racist like him. Then a crude smile crept across his face, and he took more of a liking to his child. The lips of the babe curled into a smile too, she didn't understand why her father was smiling but oh well! She was too happy to care.

When Leyra heard about what her child thought, she almost wanted to shove the filly towards her father. But she didn't. Even if the hate within her was held by a string, she would hopefully keep it there. "You know what, Descaro, maybe you should take your daughter for a bit and teach her about her duties and fighting and whatnot. Since she seems to be almost just like you, maybe you can pass down some skills or something." Leyra nudged her roan foal closer to Descaro. A devious grin planted on her lips.

The babe was nudged towards her father, and she trotted to his side, her emerald eyes sparkling. "I wanna learn to fight, daddy! The filly whinnied. Although she was young she wanted to learn a few skills. If she started learning how to fight early she should be able to master it in no time! The filly was filled to the top with excitement. She was too happy to understand what in the heck was going on but who cares!?

[[It seems kinda like Frost is high for some reason. xD]]

Outcast
imi
Descaro let his features turn from the playing innocent into the deadly soldier. Leyra didn't seem to understand that he wouldn't take the reins and care for the child. She would have to do that alone or sentence Frost to a life without care, surely she knew after he heartlessly took advantage of her, that he was not the type of stallion to take orders from those he considered lower than himself. Eyes flickered to the the filly as her mother suggested he take her on. Yes, if his daughter should seek him out he would teach her how to fight, yet now was not the time. The filly was too fragile and absent minded to know the ways of the warrior yet.

"No, not yet. She is too young. When Frost Fyre is grown, I will teach her the way to fight and live as a Soldier, however, she must ask me of her own free will." He stressed the end, making sure any plans Leyra had for palming her off on him were well and truly shattered. It wasn't that Descaro had no love for his daughter, he did, yet he wasn't all that interested in her right now. He would protect Frost in the Basin as a father should until she could protect herself. Descaro offered Leyra a curious glance and wondered if she blamed him for everything. It took two to make a baby after all.

Stoic as always, the mahogany steed made to turn away from them, giving his daughter a gentle nudge of his nose as he did so. "If that's all you wanted there is no need for me to remain here. Find me in Basin should you need me, both of you" he included Leyra this time. Even if the mare no doubt hated everything about him, Descaro was intelligent enough to know when there was a time and a place for things. Maybe she would come after him, who knew, it didn't really bother him too much. Cold hearted he was.

[When Frost is finally 1 years old she is totally free to spar with her father ^^]
<3 AMY

Deceased
Dark
A sigh escapes my lips. Of course he doesn't want to take Frost. You're such an idiot! She's way too young! I feel like banging my head against a tree or something, but there are no trees. With a fake smile painted across black lips I look up, smiling a bit. "Alright then." I dip my head, my brain still planning on killing him someday. When he speaks of the Basin I lift my head, watching him standing there. "I'll see you sooner than you think." These words are more devious than I intended, but they are whispered to only myself. I lash my lion tail, waiting for Descaro to leave. If only I could lunge at him. Maybe he won't expect it. NO! You will not try and kill your own child's father.

My life truly is a tragic love story. I shouldn't go into detail or anything, but it get's pretty lubby-dubby somewhere back there. Especially between me and Descaro. But my past, past. Way before Helovia. Now that was tragic. I shake my head, I don't even want to think about it. I was played twice by two handsome stallions that I truly loved. The other one ended tragically. For the stallion anyway. I had gone into such a fit of rage. It was horrible. A shiver runs down my spine, and I force myself to stop, caging these memories in and keeping them there. For now.

The roan babe watches her father, a little pouty expression comes over her face, and she begins to open her mouth."But mommmeeeee! I wanna-" Her mother places her lion tail over her mouth for what seems like the millionth time. Why didn't her mother want her speaking? The filly begins to whinny to her father, whining."Daddy!" She cries out, reaching her black muzzle towards him. She tried to step forward but her mother's blue roan body stepped in front of her in a flash. A stern look was given to the little roan, and she backed away slowly.

I sigh, turning back to Descaro, getting one last look at his figure. Then I lead my daughter forward, my black and pink muzzle nudging her towards home. Which, coincidentally was the Basin. But I was purposely taking a longer route, so there wasn't an awkward silence between Descaro and me. We weren't a happy family. We were like a wound that would never heal. I was one side of the wound and Descaro was the other, and our daughter was that bandage that would always keep us together very loosely.

Gentle blue eyes drift to Descaro's own eyes before releasing the gaze and drifting to the ground. I turn my head and walk forward, away from Descaro. There we were, that broken family that would never again be a family. We were more like the mare who was played by a stallion and ended with a child. The wind picks up my mane and tosses it about as I head down a small hill of tall grass. The sun setting beside me, it's colors danced upon my side, and one, single tear falls to the earth.

[[I suddenly feel like manipping this scene. xP But anyway, this is over now I guess.]]