the Rift

NOAH'S LAMB { open

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
The laugh that passed between my dark lips was nearly earth shattering. It was as if the small filly had seen a ghost. Though, I knew it was no ghost that she shied away from, but me. I had never considered myself to be a frightful creature, but perhaps I could understand how others seemed to look at me. Even the young stallion seemed to puff out like some house cat, trying desperately to make himself appear my match, but consequently it would not work for him. I smiled at the two, clearly amused by their tactics, but I wouldn’t let them flounder for long. Gracefully, I lowered my face to meet their subsequent level. My eyes were wide and bright and held no shame despite being considered the “black sheep” in this group. I wasn’t sure how they would respond to my barging in, but I really hadn’t a care either way. Should they enjoy my company I would stay and if not, I would head off into the shadows from hence I came.

Looking at the small Unicorn lad, I raised a curious brow. “The Grey, huh? A notorious group from what I hear. Perhaps you could enlighten me about their… services some time?” I left the question hanging for a moment because in all entirety I wasn’t sure I wanted to hear about their dealings explicitly. A strong group they were, but they had no connections to the Edge and I had no reason to debate their morals unless they somehow decided to mingle with the Edge’s affairs. But I didn’t see that happening anytime soon.

However, I didn’t contemplate this for long. I found myself steered out of my reverie by the small filly with pallid, white eyes. They were a strange thing to see in contrast to the rusty colored coat she wore. I wondered just how she had inherited them before wondering if the little thing could even see. But, it was obvious that she could look upon me now because her words were strained and frightened at that. She stuttered despite her former lack of manner and certainly didn’t stand to speak ill of me. Part of me was somewhat surprised that she broke under the pressure of my appearance. Perhaps she was better off in the presence of the small Unicorn. Though, I wasn’t going to let her go that easily.

“As I’ve heard small Baron… It is a pleasure to meet you both.” I glanced from the horned stallion to the small filly again. I was sure to lower my gaze just enough to let her see the sincerity in my eyes. “You are now in The Threshold to Helovia. Fitting name, seeing that you’ve stumbled upon the claiming grounds. Is there something you seek here? Or do you wish to outcast yourself as Vermillion has done…?” I meant no ill purpose by referring to the position Vermillion held. Some wished to answer only to themselves while others desired the comforts of a family life. I had wanted more than anything to answer to the call of a herd lead over wandering The Wilds searching for some irrelevant purpose.

There are many places here in which you are more than welcome to call home. But I only wonder if you seek the comfort of a herd or the seclusion of a nomad’s life.” I looked down at her now, curiosity getting the very best of me as if controlled my expression with an iron fist. I was in no place to convince her should she long for the idle life of travelling. Though, I would like more than anything to offer her a home in The Edge.

Messages In This Thread
NOAH'S LAMB { open - by Red Baron - 01-14-2013, 02:20 AM
RE: NOAH'S LAMB { open - by Vermillion - 01-14-2013, 01:14 PM
RE: NOAH'S LAMB { open - by Red Baron - 01-14-2013, 03:37 PM
RE: NOAH'S LAMB { open - by Vermillion - 01-14-2013, 08:34 PM
RE: NOAH'S LAMB { open - by Red Baron - 01-15-2013, 07:57 PM
RE: NOAH'S LAMB { open - by Thor - 01-15-2013, 10:40 PM
RE: NOAH'S LAMB { open - by Vermillion - 01-16-2013, 01:47 PM
RE: NOAH'S LAMB { open - by Red Baron - 01-16-2013, 10:43 PM
RE: NOAH'S LAMB { open - by Thor - 01-20-2013, 02:26 PM
RE: NOAH'S LAMB { open - by Vermillion - 01-21-2013, 09:52 PM
RE: NOAH'S LAMB { open - by Red Baron - 01-24-2013, 10:54 AM